• Tweets

• The revenue protection officer worked for a train operating company.  If you know which Train company it is, go to their website and look for their complaints process.  Then submit the complaint with full details and copies of the tickets.     
    • Why aren't you recording your calls?   Please monitor this thread for a fuller reply over the weekend    
    • Why I went back:   Eventually, after being detained too long against my will. I paid the higher fare due to threats of a fine and in effort to gain my right to freedom: I then went through the turn-styles and on my visit to the booking/box office(aka: the main ticket booth on the way out) The man said I had to go back to the turn-styles to get my refund as he said it was a different system.   I asked him to come with me. He said he could not, i asked him to hold my hand. (English term of phrase). I did not want him to actually hold my hand.   He understood that and refused as he was on shift.    That is why I had to go back. I made an account here to seek help for me and other passengers. The site admin of this forum constantly tried to pass blame onto me. for many days. I cant explain how stressful this has been after the stress of the incident.   Can you please help me?                
    • So ,  after sending a letter refusing to accept the refund that was offered i received a phone call yesterday and an email that sums up the conversation i had. I have copied this below.  Good morning Mr Thank you for your email received on 16 August 2019.I’m sorry you disagree with our calculations and felt that my colleague didn’t listen to you.  I understand you don’t want us to make any accountadjustment or accept our proposed solution, until we look at everything again for you.We’re committed to providing our customers with the highest quality services, so I’ll do all I can to help you and put this right.I’m pleased we had the opportunity to talk about your concerns and decide on the best way forward.  As we agreed, here’s a summary of the issues wetalked about:· You requested details of your metered bills and payments (I’ve attached these to this email).· You don’t want to accept the solution we offered, of billing you on our ‘assessed charge’ tariff.· You don’t want to accept the goodwill payment offered £220.00 and feel you could have built your extension 2 years earlier, if we hadn’t charged youtoo much. · The meter readings we billed you for include water used at 74 Scotchman Lane, because you have a shared supply pipe.· You’d like 50% of your water and sewerage volume charges refunding to resolve this.· You’d like interest on your overpayment calculated accurately and based on 8% (not the Bank of England base rate).· You spoke to our technician and you said he advised it would be easy to alter your private pipework, so a meter can be fitted just for your home.· You prefer to pay a metered charge.· I’ll look into the points you’ve raised, and I’ll do all I can to work towards an amicable solution with you.I’ve taken the first step and I’m pleased to confirm that we’ve arranged a meter survey to be carried out on 6 September 2019 (arriving between 10amand 12 noon).  This survey will be done by our service partner ‘Morrison Utilities’, and they can estimate what it will cost you to have the pipeworkaltered, so a meter can be fitted.  Once I have the results of their visit,I’ll give you a call so we can talk about our next step.After we reach a solution and agree how you’ll be billed, I’ll be happy to work out a new interest calculation for you.  We use the Bank of England baserate and this won’t be changed, but I’ll be happy to renegotiate a final settlement figure with you.  If we pay interest, this will be subject to current HMRCtaxation rules.I assure you, I’ll keep an eye on your account and update you on each step we take.  I’ll call you again by 13 September 2019 about our progress.In the meantime, if you’d like to talk to me, please call me on 01274 318452 and I’ll be happy to help.  If I’m not available you’ll be able to talk toa colleague or leave a message.Regards   Personally i am not happy with the email especially as I didnt mention that i would pay for any pipework to be altered. He did say to me on the phone that the pipes after the boundary are ours and therefore our responsibility. I did then point out that if this was the case then there is nothing to stop me cutting and capping the pipe after it enters my property.    I am now going to try work out what the refund with 8% interest is from the figures he has provided.
    • Looking at the thread Im guessing theyre SB?
  • Our picks

Sojacob

VCS PCN - no stopping - Southend airport

Hi,
Please help, I do not know how to ask a question in the forum. 

I recently received a pcn from vehicle control service for stopping in a bus stop (marked with red line), for dropping off my husband lasts for less than 30 secs. 

I have done the same to pick him up too, so I may receive another pcn soon. 

What should I do? Should I ignore ?

no such things as red lines on private land.

purely tarmac graffiti.

please complete this 

#

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thank you. There is single red yellow line on that road throughout. 

1 Date of the infringement - 25/07/19

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] -31/07/19

3 Date received- 2/08/19

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]- No 

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?- yes 

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] - No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up- Not yet, should I? 

7 Who is the parking company?- vehicle control services ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] - Southend airport 

Thank you for the answers, they will help the guys to advise you. I've amended your thread title to show the location.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It looks as if this is a new scheme. I found this article that sadly starts by using the word 'fine' in the title. HB

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/17725996.drivers-stopping-in-airport-roads-could-be-given-100-fine/

ETA information from Southend airport with FAQs and a link to parking Ts and Cs.

https://southendairport.com/getting-to-and-from/parking

While you're waiting for the experts to arrive, you could do a search of CAG [white search box in the red strip at the top of this page] for Liverpool airport. VCS operate there too, we have a few threads about it.

HB

Thank you.

Do you what happens if I ignore this?

Am I going to court ???

Is it going to affect my credit score ? 

You probably won't be ignoring it forever, but please don't respond to them until the guys have had a look.

If it gets as far as court, and a lot of cases don't, and in the unlikely event that you lose, then as long as you pay what the judge decides, it can't affect your credit score.

The parking regulars will tell you more. They may ask you to go back and take photos of the signs at the airport - is this possible for you?

HB

If you do as suggested you will see that Airports are usually governed by Bye laws, that trump any claim VCS might think they have do as suggested and read those threads about Liverpool Airport, these clowns would send their camera car to demand details from someone on Roller Blades or a cyclist  who stopped to read their signs.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thank you. Yes I can take photos. 

can you scan up the Letter both sides please to one PDF file only

read upload

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

First of all, do not consider appealing as VCS dont do appeals and the IAS arent honest brokers either.

If you read up on private parking you will see that all motorists are given a minimum of 10 minutes grace period  ( lots of reasosn for this) so this demand fails to fufil this obligation but the IAS wont care but a judge will because they are interested n the law, not making money for dishonest reasons.

Let us consider "no stopping" and similar signs. how can that be a contract that offers terms to park?

As said, airports arent "relevant land" as far as the POFA goes so they may be subject to byelaws that prohibit you from stopping anywhere you like but that has nothing to do with VCS and they cant demand money as the airport co has to drag you up in front of a magistrate and any fine slapped on you goes to HMG, not simple Simon.

That is why they are more than happy to tell lies to get you to pay them.

I have just scanned over the byelaws and you will find a couple of clauses that relate to vehicles but they require a constable to move you on or chuck you out so again nowt to do with VCS.

they will claim that they are entitled to offer contract because their employers says so but we go back to the "relevant land" bit and that means that at least they are not allowed to obtain your keeper details and also they are supposed to fall the fuzz to move you on, not take pictures of you, that may well breach S48 of ther Terrorism Act as it covers airports, railway stations etc and I cant see the govt giving them a letter saying they are now in charge of terrorism prevention.

yes please for the piccies of the entrance to the land and also of any signs that are where you stopped and elsewhere such as roadways and car parks so we can see what it is they say they are offering and where that applies to.

we need to know the exact time and date, the 10 minute grace period stumps them as much as the signage requirements and the byelaws only referring to plod moving you on.

Hi, 

it was on 25/07/19 and according to the time on the pcn it lasts less than 10 seconds.

I was literally stopped the car to drop off and drove forward . 

Thanks 

Hi, 

What can I mention in my appeal?

Any legislation could support me for stopping in the bus stop for few second for the purpose of dropping off? 

I suggest you re-read ericsbrother's first sentence in the post you've quoted, Sojacob. :)

HB

I think it would help you to understand how these people operate if you read some other threads about airports that have VCS as their parking company. As far as I can see, you haven't ready any other threads so far.

There are others and there's information on the Parking Prankster's website.

HB

On 07/08/2019 at 07:49, honeybee13 said:

I suggest you re-read ericsbrother's first sentence in the post you've quoted, Sojacob. :)

HB

But some says I should appeal as they may go to court and they’ve got 6 years time for that. 🙁

On 14/04/2019 at 20:45, Baguettes54 said:

I have received the attached PCN from Vehicle Control Services at Liverpool John Lennon Airport and need advice on whether to pay or not.  I have read many posts and it would appear that the advice would be to not pay. I would like to ensure that this is the most up to date information.  Many thanks

Liverpool JLA PCN v2.pdf 622.35 kB · 10 downloads

Hi I’ve got similar experience. What have you done so far? And what they have done ? 

appealing wont change if/if not it goes to court.

dx

spreadsheets 

On 07/08/2019 at 07:41, Sojacob said:

Hi, 

What can I mention in my appeal?

Any legislation could support me for stopping in the bus stop for few second for the purpose of dropping off? 

you dont appeal, didn you read that advice? If you appeal you make it easier for them to sue you, not harder  and they arent going to give a fig about your appeal anyway as they know they are wrong but that is how they make money, by lying and bullying.

and we want the TIME of the event, not the fact you were there for 10 seconds. The NTK should have a from and to times for the "parking" .

as referred to by HB, this si the same for LJA and other airports that VCS have been allowed to run amok at, they do their client no good whatsoever

if you read up on ALL airport thread you will see what happens, they are all covered by their own byelaws and VCS have no authority and their claim that no stopping is a parking contract doesnt win them friends in high palces but they do sue to try and get you to fret over that and pay up and they then get the extra wonga because they have added court costs they wont be paying

posts moved to your existing thread

Youve already been advised what (not) to do.....

spreadsheets 

On 05/08/2019 at 07:56, honeybee13 said:

You probably won't be ignoring it forever, but please don't respond to them until the guys have had a look.

If it gets as far as court, and a lot of cases don't, and in the unlikely event that you lose, then as long as you pay what the judge decides, it can't affect your credit score.

The parking regulars will tell you more. They may ask you to go back and take photos of the signs at the airport - is this possible for you?

HB

I’m a little confused, which is the post from the expert? So far I have ignored the letter and it’s been more than 14 days. 

Can I say someone else was driving? My retired dad ? 🙄