Lowell CCJ Default Judgment court claim never received.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone advise...

I have been with Lowells for a couple of years at least.  On their website I could see all the accounts that they hold and I have arrangements in place for each of them.

Earlier this year, I received a letter form Lowells solicitors regarding another account that they say had gone unpaid and Lowells had passed it on to them...

I queried this account, as it had never shown up on the Lowell site previously, so I was unaware of it, and thought it might be a duplicate account, as I knew how many catalogue accounts I had held, and they all appeared to be accounted for.

Their reply was that they could only discuss the one account, as they had no information about any other accounts.

This week I have received a Judgement for Claimant form, it seems that they took it to court, but I never received any paperwork in order to send my defence in, and now I am being instructed to pay £100 per month, which I cannot afford.

Firstly, do I need to contact the court regarding the payments to see if they can come to an arrangement that I can afford?  What is the best way to do this, in person, phone, email?

Secondly, how do I go about finding details on all my accounts to check that this is not a duplication of another account that I am already paying?

I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum in view of the CCJ.Please continue to post here to your thread.

Thread title also updated

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• AndyOrch changed the title to Lowell CCJ Default Judgment court claim never received.

Have you moved home recently since taken out any of the agreements ? 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Last moved 7 years ago, but all of the agreements that I was dealing with were all accounted for, regardless of address

For instance I had accounts with JD Williams, SimplyBe and Very.  All 3 of these I know about and are dealing with

However the account that has gone to court I have been informed is for SimplyBe, which never showed up on the debt collection website as a second account so I was never aware of any outstanding payments so was unable to come to an agreement prior to the letter from the solicitor. I believe that we did have two seperate accounts for this catalogue.

When the letter from the solicitor arrived, as I stated earlier, I tried to find out from them exactly where this account came from, I explained to them that I am querying it, as it had never shown up on the DCA website prior.  I made a couple of token payments while disputing the claim, to show that I was willing to pay, so long as it was the correct account.

I have two logons to the DCA, one under my name for my debts, and one for my partners...This account never showed up under either login...

The Judgement arrived this week, again, I never received any paperwork prior to this, so did not know it had gone to court, was unable to send in any defence, and now do not know who to speak to in order to get the amount I have to pay lowered, as I am unable to afford the amount the court has set.

I dont normally advise this - But it maybe worth raising a complaint to the CEO - I did recently and it got results. 

If youve enquired to them and they messed up then they shouldnt have attempted judgement. 

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

HO Compliance - [email protected]

CEO - [email protected]

Complaints Team - [email protected]

Just to remind you who this firm is - This is in their privacy policy...

image.thumb.png.bd7842a28251b62259dd094602e718a1.png

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

they obviously knew your correct address because you are already blindly paying them on several other debts without ever sending a CCA request for each one to check they hold the enforceable paperwork to legally fleece you.

id be complaining rather strongly that they purposefully served a CCJ to an old address and that you want the CCJ set aside FOC to you and get sight of the signed agreement.

you really should never ever be talking to any DCA on the phone. you need a papertrail, writing always ONLY.

a DCA is not a bailiff

and have

zero legal powers.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not until they fail

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I realise. 

I had no problem with paying the DCA as these were accounts that I was aware of, and knew that I had defaulted on, and I had agreed managable payment plans for each account. 

All of my dealings with them have been online, and email, very rarely by phone as I don't trust spoken conversations and can't be bothered to buy and setup recording equipment to record my calls.

My problem arises with this sole account, that appears to come from a Solicitor firm, even though it is the same firm, with the same address. And the fact that it went to court without me even receiving a form from the court to mount a defence. 

When I have tried to email them, their attitude is they can't deal with it by email as they can't prove my identity.

up garden path ..being led are you.. CCA request every debt. throw the morality card out the window.

Lowell knew your address, serious complaint time.

and they