• Tweets

• The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
    • Doubt the uneconomic write off would be registered, unless you agreed to accept write off settlement of the claim. It is just cosmetic damage. All that has happened, is that the car has been looked at and they realised the repair costs are going to exceed the value of the car. If the car is perfectly driveable with no upcoming normal work required to pass next MOT, your current Insurers will continue Insurance and you can accept an amount from third party Insurers to go towards you repairing the scratched bodywork.    
    • Peter McCormack says the huge investment by the twins will help Real Bedford build a new ground.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

me and Barclaycard since 2008 - now 2019 interest refund??

Wilma Shoozfit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This has probably been asked before - so if someone can point me to the solutions I'd appreciate it.

I make regular payments to Barclaycard - but just lately I am in the spiral that in spite of paying over minimum payment and bringing the balance to the credit limit - PPI and interest take the account over the limit and they charge me for this. -Voila back to square one - I seem to be making endless payments just to keep my balance at the credit limit but not reducing the balance of the debt - Any suggestions what I should do?

The PPI was sold to me over the phone by a Barclaycard body - but after I had had the card for some years.:???:

Edited by Wilma Shoozfit

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Wilma and welcome to the BC forum. Love your username ! :D

I have 3 suggestions for you:-

1) Is having the PPI appropriate for your circumstances - ie, if you claimed, would it pay out. Do you think it may have been mis-sold for any reason, in which case, you could reclaim the premiums paid.

2) If you're strapped for cash at the mo, can you afford it and do you really need it.

3) Have you worked out how much you've been charged in late pay't or over-limit penalties. You can reclaim all such charges and BC will refund them to your account, hopefully reducing the balance to a level which will keep you out of trouble.

Read the Guide to Reclaiming in Link No1 in my signature below for guidance. Also read through threads in the BC and the PPI forums to get an insight into what's happening in similar cases.

:)

Edited by slick132
Oops - there were 3 suggestions, so amended
  • Haha 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me.

Touching wood all around here my job is reasonably secure - and fairly healthy to boot (more wood please). I reckon that I don't really need the PPI. and the only thing it appears to be doing at the moment is increasing my debt to them. After a sticky history some 8 years ago I thought I'd managed to get my act together!

I've composed a letter to Barclaycard as follows:

I am in receipt of your recent statement and note that charges are being applied for “over credit limit” which have been brought about by the application of PPI and interest.

I was not told by your telesales person that PPI would be included with-in any credit limit and that “over limit” charges would be applied should in the event of the PPI charge take the balance over the agreed limit. I do not believe that consequences of agreeing to PPI were fully explained in your officer’s unsolicited call.

I therefore request that the PPI is cancelled forthwith and that such PPI payments, interest, additional interest charges and charges that have occurred due to this be refunded to my account forthwith.

With reference to the above agreement, I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of the credit agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

At this point I don't know if I need CCA - for the card - because that won't have any mention of the ppi on it - or just request a SAR so I can calculate the payments and charges. Or shall I leave out the request for either and see what they come back with?

Hi Wilma,

For the sake of the £1 fee, why not. It'll give you better leverage and, if they haven't got a valid CA, you can get any default markers taken off your CRA records regarding this a/c.

If you don't have all your a/c statements, send an SAR as a separate letter. If you DO have your state's, an SAR is unnecessary.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent a CCA request to Barclaycard together with a £1 postal order on the 29th September and it was signed for on the 30th September but as yet they haven't acknowledged receipt and they haven't cashed the postal order:(. I did make an online payment to them on the 29th that brought my balance back to with-in my credit limit. What should be my next move? Do I wait for my next bill to thud on my door mat or do I write to them to say the account is in dispute because they have not supplied me with a CCA? :confused: It is not my intention to NOT pay them -I have had the card for about 6 years now - but I would like to get back some of the charges, the ppi and re-negotiate the high interest rate they have applied and hopefully reduce the debt .

Give them a few more days, then sind this letter, carefully adapted to reflect your case.

Dear Sir/Madam,

FORMAL COMPLAINT A/c no. xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/xx, the contents of which have been noted.

You have failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement for the above account.

On the **DATE** I wrote to you requesting a copy of the credit agreement and other information under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77-79).

On **DATE** a member of your staff signed for delivery of my written request and I have an electronic proof of delivery showing their signature and the date.

To date you have failed to comply with these requests in any way, whether by confirmation of receipt of the request or by supplying the requested documents.

These documents I requested should be readily available as proof of your legal right to collect this account under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

In my letter of the **DATE** I made a formal request for a copy of the signed, executed credit agreement for the above account under section 77(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. In addition a full statement of this account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account.

Furthermore, you are aware that the Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for a request for a true copy of a credit agreement to be carried out before you enter into a default situation.

This limit has expired.

As you are no doubt aware section 77(6) states:

If the creditor fails to comply with Subsection (1)

(a) He is not entitled , while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.

Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

You have failed to comply with a lawful request for a true, signed copy of the said agreement and other relevant documents mentioned in it, failed to send a full statement of the account and failed to provide any of the documentation requested.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Furthermore I shall counterclaim that any such action constitutes unlawful harassment.

Please note you may also consider this letter as a statutory notice under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect.

This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies.

Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data.

It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’. You must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends.

Should you not respond within 14 days I expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY

Action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

Despite my letter regarding ANY communication from your company, which stated that I require ALL communications in writing, your telephone calls continue.

This behaviour constitutes harassment; the letters stated quite clearly to you that I require ALL communications in writing for future use. Do not telephone me again - remove any telephone numbers you hold for me from your systems.

Your telephone calls are in breach of the Office of Fair Trading guidelines. If you continue with them after the receipt of this letter an official complaint, together with a log recording the times and frequency of the calls will be passed both to that office and to the Trading Standards office. For your information note that ALL telephone calls are taped.

This type of debt collection method is contrary to the ‘Administration of Justice Act 1970’ in that it is intended to cause alarm and distress to the recipient. Your methods will not be tolerated. A formal complaint, containing copies of all correspondence including yours, has now been submitted to the relevant authorities. This will be relevant to questions of your fitness to hold a licence under the Consumer Credit Act, whether or not it results in a prosecution.

Take further note that continued telephone calls after the receipt of a request not to call may constitute a criminal offence under Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.

Communicate in writing and ONLY in writing, your telephone calls will NOT be answered.

HOWEVER, CALLS WILL TRIGGER COMPLAINTS TO THE REGULATORY BODIES.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

Thanks for keeping an eye on me Slick - it's appreciated:)

I have been making monthly payments - usually to get the balance back down to the limit and so far I've not had any letters or calls from them so a fair chunk of that letter won't apply (yet!). I'll re-hash it and get it sent at the end of the week. By then I'll probably have my next statement from them

I have been looking at my latest statement (another one should be due out any day) I have noticed that they have put on the following statement:

Changes to your Barclaycard statement

A reminder that from the 1st October 2008, following changes to consumer legislation, we are making some changes to your conditions as well as including additional messages to your statement.

Does anyone know what "conditions" they refer to?

Also I still haven't recieved a copy of the CCA that I requested, the letter was signed for but the postal order hasn't been cashed as of last week.

So I'll be sending a SAR letter tomorrow with a £10.00 postal order.

If someone has a minute to look it over I'd appreciate it.

Department LRC

Barclaycard House

1234 Pavilion Drive

Northampton

NN4 7SG

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

Your name

Account Nº

Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), I requested a copy of my credit agreement on 29th September. I forwarded payment £1.00 which represented the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

This request was sent recorded delivery and signed for by R Judd on the 30th September. but as of the date of this letter my request remains unacknowledged nor has a copy of the CCA been forwarded.

Therefore please be advised :

THIS ACCOUNT IS NOW IN DISPUTE

Section 77(6) of the Consumer Credit Act states:

If the creditor fails to comply with Subsection (1) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement, therefore until such time as this is resolved the account becomes unenforceable by law.

Please note that this letter is my statutory notice under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to for your company to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY

action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

· You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

· You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

· You may not pass the account to a third party.

· You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

· You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

Should you do so I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems with regard to a personal credit card.

Please supply me with a complete list of transaction and charges relating to my history with your organization, INCLUDING credit card and payment protection insurance. Alternatively a complete set of statements for the credit card, which will be acceptable.

I would be grateful if you would provide the following for any accounts or associated accounts I have held with your organization:

· -Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organization, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same

· - A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL of my credit card with your organization since inception.

· -Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

· -Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.

· - Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

· -Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

I enclose payment in the sum of £10 to cover your fee.

IF YOU UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROTECTION.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt and confirmation that your company has ceased processing data as previously mentioned.

Yours faithfully

Hi Wilma,

I think you should send 2 separate letters.

The 1st to chase up the CCA request will include all the CCA stuff included in my draft or your version.

The 2nd will be the SAR enclosing the £10 fee.

Keeping the 2 issues separate will help BC stay focused on what is required in each respect. :)

Good morning Slick - thanks again - I'll do that - It won't let me tip your scales again!

I don't do much posting on the site but I do lurk a lot - Learning a bit more every day! If I can get my charges and ppi back from Barclays I'll be a happy bunny!

Who knows I might even go after crap one and get my charges back from them! :D But let's learn to walk before I start running eh?

Hi Wilma,

Thanks for the thought anyway. ;)

Don't wait to get started on your next claim - just get on with it and shout if you need any help. :)

Edited by slick132
typo

3) Have you worked out how much you've been charged in late pay't or over-limit penalties. You can reclaim all such charges and BC will refund them to your account, hopefully reducing the balance to a level which will keep you out of trouble.

:)

Hi, just curious, are these the £12 late fees and over-credit fees?

I thought you couldn't get these fees back because they're under £12.50?

Over credit fees, PPI and interest at an exhorbitant rate (currently 29.9%apr presumably because I have gone over the credit limit). For the past few months I have been paying enough to bring the balance down under the credit limit. The following month on goes the PPI then the over credit charge topped off by the extortionate interest.

They haven't acknowledged or replied to my CCA request that they got on the 30th Sept. I've sent an account in dispute letter and a SAR letter this week so I can look back at old charges - interest etc. Not sure whether I can claim them back or not - time will tell.

So far I've heard nothing - nada - zilch. They haven't even sent me this month's statement of account so I don't know if they've stopped the charges :confused:.

I thought you couldn't get these fees back because they're under £12.50?

That's news to me.

BC and others are repaying fees in full, whether they are £12 or any other figure they've charges in unlawful penalties.:cool:

Still no acknowledgement from B/card re my CCA request that they received on 30/09/08. My two letters sent on 20/10/08 haven't shown up on Royal Mail tracker and they told me when I phoned that they were behind with inputting onto the system so couldn't tell me whether they had been delivered or not.

Funnily enough I did get my monthly statement from B/card and they have deducted PPI in spite of me cancelling it last month.

I have made a payment to them which covers my over credit balance and next months estimated interest. Trouble with doing this tho is they will probably continue to ignore me as long as they're getting their money.

Should I write to them telling to cancel the PPI again or am I being too hasty?

Quick letter to BC telling them the PPI has been cancelled and would they kindly amend your last state't accordingly.

Wait re the follow-up letters, at least until you see when they were signed for. No point in firing letters off every few days. They clearly can't get their act together.

Even if you withhold payment, this will only trigger Mercers into contacting you with threatograms. But I think this should be your next option if they continue to ignore you.

I sent the No CCA -account in dispute letter and the SAR letter, both recorded on the 20th October and I have been chasing Royal Mail for a POD. They’ve told me that there isn’t one available for either letter so I need to make a claim.

I’ve also checked up on the postal orders and neither the £1.00 postal order from the CCA request (this letter I have a signature for) nor the £10.00 SAR fee have been cashed.

But lo and behold I got a letter from BC today!!

The letter came from the PO Box address in Northampton and I think it’s in answer to my CCA request it says……….

(pause for dramatic effect…….)

4th November

Dear Wilma

Thank you for contacting us. Enclosed with this letter is a copy of your Barclaycard Terms and Conditions. If you need any extra information or if you’ve any questions then visit our website http://www.barclaycard…….. or give us a call.

Thank you for choosing Barclaycard. We appreciate your custom.

Huh???? My gaster is well and truly flabbered!

And yes, they did enclose a copy of their current terms and conditions.

Perhaps the CCA request was too wordy for them? I think the only bit they understood was “Terms and Conditions” and they’ve blanked the rest.

The other two letters will be re-sent Monday with another £10.00 together with

A request for my PPI refund from when I cancelled

A nice letter in response to their communication of the 4th and I shall try to use words of one syllable.

The whole shooting match will be sent Special delivery this time in one large envelope. I know Slick advised me to send separately so as to keep them focused on each aspect – but I figure the only way that will happen is if I write to them one sentence at a time on a post it note and stick on their foreheads and include a crib sheet to explain the big words.

I wish I hadn’t paid the beggars now!

Hi Wilma,

There is a letter to send when they just send you the T&C's.

See here where I posted earlier today - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/161920-barclaycard-stress-help-needed.html#post1803819

It's good to send separate letters, so you don't confuse the poor lambs, but send them in one envelope. Special Del'y is good, as is getting the free Certificate of Posting when using normal post.

They are all considered to be proof of posting which, in turn, is adequate to show receipt by the addressee.

Ah Slick ever the font of good sound advice!!

I must admit the reponse that I have composed to their letter was a lot shorter and somewhat more acerbic. (If it isn't delivered the next day it will eat through the envelope).

I shall allow myself the weekend to mellow a little - then I'll probably take your sound advice ( But I liked my letter better! 16.gif)

Wilma

Hi Wilma,

TBH, some of the templates we use can be a bit lengthy but I just use what's there.

Keep it simple but include all that's required. I tend to keep my letters polite and get criticised by others who think my letters aren't firm enough.

It's really up to you and if you want to be acerbic, you just go for it. :eek:

Now you're just putting temptation in temptations way.

It's a polite(ish) letter in a Joyce Grenfell sort of way. With the odd acid drop thrown in, and 2 or 3 legal jargoned letters enclosed to be passed to the grown ups in the relevant departments, garnished with just a hint that there'll but no more money if they don't cough up with the right papers PDQ and not a word longer than 2 sylables in the whole thing.

Come Monday I shall probably bow to your wisdom - in the mean time the devil in me is clapping her hands with glee at the idea of sending it.

I'll let you know

I was about to send my little pack of letters off today – only to find the Post Office shut when I got there – half day closing on a Wednesday!

However when I got home I had a fat envelope from BC – in response to my SAR.

Well that’s what it’s supposed to be.

This is the covering letter they sent:-(Sorry don’t have a scanner at home)

Dear Wilma

DATA PROTECTION ACT - Subject Access Request.

Further to your recent request for personal information held by Barclaycard, please find enclosed a copy of the card statements you have requested.

Statements held prior to May 2004 are stored on microfilm which is a means of storage that does not fall within the definition of “relevant filing system” under the Data Protection Act 1998(“the Act”) nor within the bounds of what we are obliged to provide in response to your data subject access request as set out ion the Information Commissioner’s Office website at www.ico.gov.uk

The Information Commissioner has indicated his intention to amend this guidance. It is there as a gesture of goodwill to you, our customer, and in the light of this proposed change that we enclose copies of our pre May statements as you requested although we take a different view to the information Commissioner’s Office on whether these fall within the definition of “relevant filing system” as set out in the Act

This information we have enclosed relating to this account is all that we hold

Yours Sincerely

BC

All the pack contained was copy statements. Many of them – nil balance. That’s when I transferred the balance to a 0% card I think. There are no statements between Sept 06 and March 07. Then In April 2007 I have a magic brought forward balance on a different card number (This could be because my card was stolen along with my handbag in January 2007) but with no breakdown of how this is made up.

There is no CCA, nor any reference to the PPI (payments appear on the new card number) and no mention of any telephone calls – although I an only remember receiving one call from the body selling me PPI.

It looks like I’m going to have to revamp my “rubbish” CCA response and include a “rubbish” SAR response along with it or do I still keep them separate? And which letter do I send re the SAR please?

On the statements that I have there’s about £265.00 worth of charges that I could start claiming back – but I think I’ll hang fire until I’ve got the info for the details of the brought forward balance on the April 2007 statement – if I ever get it.

Wils

Hi Wilma,

The reality is that this is what you normally get in reply to an SAR.

You should keep the SAR and CCA responses separarate.

Do you think there are more BC state's showing transactions, but with a different a/c no?

The SAR response can be made up to suit your case, saying I've only rec'd state's for the period X to y but I know there was an a/c running, (with a different a/c no ?) from date a to b.