CEL ANPR PCN Claimform - Overstay - Portwood Court in Stockport ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Keep watching on MCOL.

You'll see defence sent to them.

Next step is directions questionnaire.

CEL will send theirs back to the court and sometimes a copy to you.

Court will send one to you.

You fill it in and send it back (this is your chance to give them unavailable dates and request your local court).

At this point MCOL stops working.

Local court sets date and tells you what each party has to do by when.

This is usually witness statement & evidence bundle exchange 14 days before court date.

There are a few places that they can drop out.

They may not return the DQ,

they may not send a WS,

they may not turn up.

If your defence has encouraged them to proceed, as long as your witness statement is a lot better, they may well just no-show on the day which leaves you holding all the cards.

they've gotta pay the hearing fee too.

just dont blink 1st!!

do nothing unless you check here 1st  on everything you think you might be tempted to do or need too.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi All, thanks for all the support so far. Let's hope they throw in the towel but if not I'll make sure to complete everything as soon as I get it. I'll keep you all posted.

(It's a shame there's no tally system on here that keeps count of how many fought cases are won and lost.)

• 4 weeks later...

@ericsbrother, thanks for your reply. Isn't the allocation fee free because the claim is under £1500?

Sorry, I haven't had my morning coffee yet.

MCOL doesn't seem to tell me much information about the progress of this case.

Do I just keep logging in and it will eventually update?

Ah, it looks like they will have to pay a hearing fee of £25 before going to court.

According to what I've read, they have a time limit to pay the fee (14 days of hearing notice).

Failure to do so will result in the claim being struck out.

So will I find out if the case is struck out by logging into MCOL?

Will MCOL tell me if the fee has been paid or will I only find that out when the court posts out a letter inviting me to attend court on a certain date?

MCOL finishes once you have submitted a Directions Questionnaire...the claim is transferred to your local county court.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Not really....do you not want the claim transferred to your local county court...or prefer to go to Northampton to deal with this ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Sorry, yes. What I meant was that the various courts could be linked into MCOL so we can continue interacting on that system.

just to understand what happens next.

The court will post a hearing date to both of us.

The Claimant then has 14 days to pay the hearing fee. If they don't I assume the court will post letters confirming the case has been struck out.

If no letter is received then I should assume the fee has been paid and turn up at the court on the day.

Next stage of proceeding is that you will receive a notice of Allocation N157...this informs you of the hearing date and the date the claimant must pay the hearing fee and the courts directions that both parties must do in preparation for the hearing IE submit/serve  witness statements and evidence by date.

There really is nothing further to interact with MCOL once it has been transferred to your local county court and you have received your Notice of Allocation...all the information is contained within the N157 and everything is dealt with by your local county court.

can I confirm, as you seem to be not quite understanding things, that you sent a copy of your N180 to CEL too? [minus phone/email/sig]?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

might be best to get reading up ON CAG

you seem to be getting mighty confused about numerous things from day one.

so stick to CAG eh?

and they

Hi dx100uk, I sent them a copy of the N180 form to the Claimant. It was a photocopy so included a signature because it does say on the form that it must be signed. Does this in some way weaken my position?

You're right! I am very confused by this whole saga but I think I've now just got to wait until I get a letter telling me the hearing date. From what I've read I'll probably have a few months to prepare and might even find that they drop the case altogether.

I can honestly understand why people cave in and pay these evil charges because fighting them is really stressful. Obviously I've gone this far and allowed the claim amount to escalate too much to back away now.

well I must be honest and say very few people do have issues NS.

anyway you got there N157 next

and they

CEL have trouble with signatures of retired and disbarred solicitors appearing on their documents. they aslo confuse thier boss with the chairman of the CoOP and soemtimes sign of witmess statements that purportedly belong to the other side as well as their own WS.

• 1 month later...

Hi All, annoyingly I've now got a hearing date of the 17th Feb. I did request that the court NOT set a hearing date in Feb because my partner is due to give birth around the 7th so it's likely to arrive a couple of weeks either side.

I'll give the court a call tomorrow but I assume they won't budge now a date is set. I can just see that I'm going to be at the court when I get the call. 

I'm going to have to read through this forum now to find out what I need to do next.

Allocation only allows for days unavailable not weeks/month.

Andy