armtrac windscreen PCN - Lusty Glaze private car park cornwall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

Just got a yellow sticker slapped on my wing mirror for parking on private land.

I thought I was in the car park

I even paid at the machine

turns out this was the car park next door 'lusty glaze' Newquay Cornwall.

I was there 90 mins

had my ticket (in view) and there fine saved.

I was there with wife and 2 kids and don't need glasses so guessing I can appeal/ignore..

But thought I'd check here first I have 14 days to pay 60 before it goes up to 100.

Thanks in advance 

Jon

its not a fine!!

its a speculative Invoice for breaking some imaginary private parking contract .

please complete this:

and scan up your ticket to ONE pdf file only

read upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

start again at the beginning but with some detail and facts added to the complaint.

WHO issued the ticket and

how did you get it

- slapped on the car

or sent through the post?

Dates

- what was the time and date of the event and

when did you get the ticket on the vehicle ( time on ticket is vital)

Get some pictures of the car park entrance and

the signs there,

the ticket machine and

also do the same for the car park next to it that you thought you were in.

Dont be tempted to respond to a screen ticket yet,

let them send you a notice to keeper through the post

then post that up here as well

many of the parking co's get the wording wrong and so dont create any liability for you to pay them.

Welcome to the Forum.

I am pleased you found us before making and moves with Lusty Glaze.

Please do not appeal it is far too early in the process for that and may result in you admitting that you were the driver rather than the keeper thus losin much of your protections

Also the parking companies have to comply with certain Laws and regulations  which can scupper their claim if they get it wrong-and they often do.

Do not worry about missing the discount period as you won't be paying them a penny.

Hi sorry I'm using mobile so might be messy to read.

I've attached the ticket and it's a PCN Il try and go back and capture entrance and machine.

What amazed me was I got ticket at 15:21 and PCN 7mins later!

It was a 5-10 min walk with kids to pay and display!

They are vultures! (not the kids lol) update to morrow.

Thanks all. 

and dont forget the Q&A link too

PDF please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dont lose the tickets and photograph them now so if the thermographic paper fades you still ahve a true copy.

Wait until you get back from holiday to answer all of teh questiosn but do take pictures of the signs and aprking meter in the car park paying special attention to the wording on the payment meter itself.

Best do this whilst you can

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Thought I got away with this one but got the increase £100 fine letter turn up I've redacted personal address liscence but the address on this letter was incorrect (right number and postcode though)

I've bundled everything I have into one pdf do you think I can get out of this honest mistake?  

You can see in the photo entrances are close together, I used first one on left by mistake and highlighted end of carpark roughly where i parked in red. 

..Incidently this letter arrived at same time as speeding ticket :-( 36 in a 30mph but I know that was my fault...

THanks in advance

lusty_glaze_Parking_incident_small.pdf

Complete post 2 questionnaire please

and where does it say its a fine please?

and they

thanks @dx100uk I think you mean these questions?  Also its a parking charge not a 'fine'

For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....

1 Date of the infringement 31/7/2019

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? N

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

what date is on it

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? NO

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] NO

3 Date received (CAR Stickered 31/7/2019) letter asking for £100 charge received 11/10/2019

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] n/a

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? don't know but i took photos

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? armtrac security services

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Lusty Glaze Beach carpark, newquay, cornwall

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. 'independant appeals service' 

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here just the letter yesterday saying appeals timescale lapsed now 100 pounds due... attached in previous post and again here

lusty_glaze_Parking_incident_small.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to armtrac windscreen PCN - Lusty Glaze private car park cornwall

so they didn't even bother to send a NTD 

cant see this going anywhere.

as for the speeding ticket start a new thread in the speeding forum.

and they

You have been identified as the driver so there is no need for them to send an NTK.

The windscreen ticket does not have a valid address -just a PO box.

The photos you have are not really much help to us. We need to be able to read what they say since it is those notices that can help decide whether you were offered a contract to park there or not. 

I suggest you keep the ticket since they should have allowed you 10 minutes grace before ticketing  your car.

I am not sure why it took almost 3 months to contact you after their alleged offence.

No point in appealing as they do not acknowledge mistakes ever as being a reason to cancel a PCN. 

so lets be clear about a couple of things- you were advised not to contact them in any way, have you done so? a simple yes or no will do.

If you havent then this letter is the NTK and hasnt been sent out in time so they cnat create a keeper liability.

the letter itself lack certain key phrases to make it a legal NTK so doesnt create ANY liability, even if they know you are the driver by being named for example

the signage etc at the site is so poor it wont get past a judge and has been the object of other cases that went that way so qutong these at the appropriate time will do for them.

My advice is as long as you havent dropped yourself in it is to still maintain radio silence for themoment unless you fancy complaining to the town council there about Armtrac's unlawful harassment of the innocent

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @ericsbrother staying silent so far :-) I can't get anymore pictures unfortunately,

I do hope 10 min grace period is a thing, as I know i've evidence for this. 

I got the final letter before legal proceedings today sent by recorded signed for delivery (wife signed for it) the address was incorrect again my business address not addressed to a named individual, wrong street name, an extra street name but correct postcode...

Latest letter attached redacted address and reference number. 

I'll probably see this through to the bitter end - like to think common sense/decency will prevail...

that is NOT a letter of claim ignore

images/posts removed
please do not post jpg picture images directly to a post
read upload and redact in jpg then convert using on of the listed websites there to convert to one multipage pdf only

that way only logged-in,registered and approved caggers are the only ones that can download and see them
else anyone can see them caggers or not.dx

and they

the incorrect address bit is interesting for 2 reasons, firstly the improper processing of your personal data and secondly they wont have served the letters on you in a legal sense.

now their suggested court bill includes a bit of double dipping and adding costs that are not allowed either by the POFA or by civil procedure regs so that will be a letter they wont want to use as evidence themselves. Keep it safe.

I also note that they have sent  the demand rather then the solicitors.  This can mean that either the solicitors dont want to push this further or Armtrac intend to represent themselves and thus have a fool for a client ( to quote an old saying).

i hope your postie keeps redirecting the letters though or you could be short on tiem to res[pond if they do fancy a go.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Finally got the legal side chasing me now I had both these letters delivered in same envelope (hopefully ledgible pdf attached)

They want me to get in contact by 1st Jan... what should I do? 

Keep ignoring as mail not addressed personally to me or my accurate address?

Get in touch and advise im not paying as ticket issued within 10 mins of arrival before realising my mistake?

Something else?

parking fee now £160...

This is the scary bit from the legal letter:

Next stages - County Court Proceedings 
If you do not make payment of the balance or contact us with a valid reason for non-payment, then, in accordance with the Pre Action Protocol for debt claims, we will issue a Pre Action Protocol letter before claim, and on expiry take our client's instructions to commence legal proceedings against you without further notice. Should legal proceedings be issued against you, you may then be liable for additional Court Fees, solicitors' costs and statutory interest. We would like to avoid you incurring these additional costs. Further to this if our client is then successful with the claim and obtains a County Court Judgment ("CCJ") against you. this CCJ may be recorded on your credit file for 6 years, which may affect your ability to obtain future credit. 
What do you need to do next 
It is important that you contact us within the specified time so that we can work with you to resolve your account. One of the quickest ways to review your account is to register on our Customer Portal by visiting 
http://www.bwlegal.co.uk. Through our Customer Portal, you can make a payment, set up plans advise us of any valid reasons for non-payment, upload documentation and communicate with us via web chat. Call us today on 0113 323 4479, we are keen to assist you and settle this matter without the need for legal proceedings. One of our helpful agents will be available to discuss all the options available to you.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Lusty glaze legal.pdf

so you've not been reading up since july?

its not a letter of claim

await that 

in the meantime use our search 

BW PCN letter of claim

then you'll get the idea what to do next..

use our custom google search box

which comes up after hitting the top squares logo.

dx

and they

Hi dx

Ok not reading up as most advice has been maintain radio silence and inferred 'it will be ok' however I've just been researching myself found some suggested letter replies for the future when the actual letter of claim comes through.  Is that also known as LBA?

I've just emailed cornwall council too trying to arm myself if I have to...

Fingers crossed I get a letter informing they are no longer pursuing if I can legitimately threaten my own legal preceding for breach of DPA at a minimum?

Edited by paidndisplaid

Radio silence doesn't mean you dont research information and tune around and listen/read.

Ericsbrother snotty letter time if you do get a letter of claim

and they

You need to respond to this so something like,

Dear BWL,

I hope you dont mind me calling you this as you dont seem to be able to spell your actual name although Sean isnt that hard to write.

Any debt to your client is denied, they clearly have forgotten about their ATA enforced grace period and also dont seem to comprehend that when you have bought a ticket there isnt a breach of not having one to consider. You might also like to know their paperwork is laughable and loses them their right to claim from the outset.

Still, any company desperate enough to hire the parking worlds second worst solicitors surely lack any sense of reality but they can be sure that any claim will be robustly defended, a full costs recovery order sought for their unreasonable conduct and possibly a claim made against them for breach of the GDPR for accessing and processing my persona data when they had to reason to do so as per VCs v Phillip, Liverpool CC 2016.

I look forward to a deafening silence from you and them from now on.

• Like 1

I think that ericsbrother might have meant to write 'processing my personal data when they had no reason etc' in the second to last line.

• Like 1

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I have to reply to this 'LETTER OF CLAIM' I'll just write a letter similar to the one a couple of posts up.  Do i need to be providing reasons/evidence to BWL in detail?  my main reasons being:

• Should have allowed you 10 minutes grace before ticketing  your car.
  • The windscreen ticket does not have a valid address -just a PO box
  •  improper processing of your personal data no individual named and wrong address - Luckily post redirected, therefore not served the letters in a legal sense.
  • At the time of the alledged infringment I don't believe Armtrac Security (KBT Cornwall Ltd ) have planning permission for any equipment located at Lusty Glaze Beach or planning consent for its misleading signage.

Letter attached and there reply form attached.

thanks in advance.

BW Legal Jan 2020 - redacted.pdf replyform.pdf