• Tweets

• Couple of errors on your N244...not sure why you couldn't save a copy...move your mouse to the side and right click ...save as.   Dont complete anything in 6..my 30 mins was an error...as its requested without a hearing..   9a should be left blank (it states other than the claimant /defendant).   Staple the Draft order to the n244 along with the 2 letters of consent.   On the draft order remove the Amended particulars ..that was just for your benefit when you get to the next stage and the court asks you to resubmit amended particulars.Also there is an error in the amended particulars...should state " The leading Claimant " not The principle claimant.     No you cant represent anyone....but you will be in attendance as the main claimant...if necessary and if directed by the court your daughter can submit a statement in support of the claim in her absence.We can cross that bridge if and when necessary.   Assuming the application is successful the court will give an order for you to resubmit an amended particulars of claim...nothing else changes..the date of claim the value etc....only the claimants names and the particulars.   lastly dont forget to make payment ...the fee is £100...and also be aware that in making this application you may become liable for the defendants costs if your claim is not successful.   Andy
    • Well thats what I thought they'd done?   As you can see it was way over my head! Im sure the judge said he was a Barrister though? I'm totally confused. They didn't give me a name.   Out of interest, if they now allocate me a 3.5 hr slot, and a 2nd court date, have my court costs just shot through the roof? 😲
    • Although I broadly agree with that sentiment Jase, the 'conservative MP's have just defined themselves by almost all blocking a relatively small sum to feed hungry UK children Approx 125 million it cost to feed hungry children over 6 weeks I saw   So as a rough rule of thumb If we take 4 weeks of lockdown and 4 weeks of holidays until 'spring, you are talking about them refusing * less than sercos EXTRA profits from covid, * and FAR less than the cost of the failed collect 250 spit samples a day exercise   Despicable doesn't even start to describe them.      
    • oh god no dont enter nor start pointless letter tennis ever.   dx  
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

UKCPM PCN - operator pix - Trinity Park, Birmingham

2 hours ago, ericsbrother said:

I would send the original letter and dont try and justify anything about post, deemed service etc as it will justcreate more trouble than it is worth.

Got the slimmed-down version, thanks to dx100uk (as adjusted in my relevant post above), handed in this morning at the mobile post office; and no mention of post regulations etc.

2 hours ago, ericsbrother said:

To help with that send a copy to the client, UKCPM so they know that whatever Will and John tell them there is no such thing as an easy killa nd their solicitors may have just ceated more trouble than they have solved

Sounds like a great idea.. that may put the cat amongst pigeons! Hopefully they may start arguing amongst themselves instead😁

Should I send both letters to them then?

And would I add something by way of introduction; something along the lines of:

'I though it may be instructive for you to know that your solictors (Gladstones) cum private parking association (IPC) are misleading their clients in what can reasonably be considered a contractual parking infraction and hence chances of failure at court. Please see copies of my two recent letters to them below:...'

Also I presume to letterhead with my address and date, and print name below!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear sirs,  you ask why I havent paid the amount demanded. That is simple to answer, there is no debt because there was no contract to breach.   If your clients are as stupid as Simple

the adjudicators decision is not binding on you, it is to stop the greedy muppets losing their livlihoods when they take legal action  in matters where they  are clearly in the wrong. The IPC/IAS wont

Now you have a choice as to how to deal with this, you owe them nothing because it isnt a cvar park, there are no signs and you were there less than the 10 minutes grace period even the bandits of the

do not add anything, just copy the letter to the parking co as they are the client and amke the decisions on their interpretation of contracts and whetehr they want to chuck money at this.

What you say may well invite them to continue rather than put up with an attempt at belittling Currently you target is clear, dont blur things.

• Thanks 1

I will send a copy of the 2 letters to 'UK CPM' by post on Monday (when the mobile post office shows up again anyway) without any accompanying writing!

• 3 weeks later...

and you already sent gladdy's that snotty letter?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They haven't twigged or they are bluffing it out.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, dx100uk said:

and you already sent gladdy's that snotty letter?

Yup (they got both of them)

Edited by squirlyline
2 hours ago, brassnecked said:

They haven't twigged or they are bluffing it out.

I can't imagine if they bothered to read in to the letter that they did not wonder 'what's going on here!'.. hard to know if there is bluff or wilful ignorance going on!

They will be hoping that you might cough up and both they and gladdys then earn a dishonest crust from this.

They arent going to admit being villains but they may well decide to quietly drop the matter after all as they have now been forwarned that they will have to spend more money on this with no certainty of getting it back.

It is the private parking co overall model that is the problem and none of them wouldn make a bean if they were honest and just.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi again, looks like Gallstones are back for another round in the ring... it appears these guys just can't get enough being slapped around and wasting paper!

In my opinion there are a couple of glaring contradictions in their cover letter to me. Plus inviting me to come in and be fined is a bit weird!  They also inserted a 3rd photo of the car spanning the immense period of 2 minutes.

Gladstones_demand_w_evidence_dated150520.pdf

• Like 1

On top of that they are still including the hugely discredited £60 extra charge. It should follow that asking for £160 should mean that the amount is not only unconscionable but also a penalty leading to the case being thrown out. Great for motorists but you have to question the sanity of the crooks.

• Like 1

the poor dears, they are starving so ahve decided to give you another opportunity to fall for their taradiddles.

Not a LBA and I bet that their client has now wasted more on this than they can ever hope to recover.

The 3rd piccie is evidence they are obliged to produce at the outset so this kills any claim that would be brought using the POFA and there is a clause there about creating any liability rather than a keeper liability. They are hoping you suddenly have cold feet over this and do something to save them the embarrasment of having to lose more of their clients money.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, ericsbrother said:

Not a LBA and I bet that their client has now wasted more on this than they can ever hope to recover.

Yes, they seem to be going backwards at this stage!

• 3 weeks later...

I was just wondering if there is any need to reply to this last letter (as it is not an LBA).. 

I presume not, or just leave it till they feel like wasting more money on the cause and send me further demands?

Also just to highlight one of the contradictions I was referring to earlier; at the end of the letter it offers me 60 days to pay up and then goes on to give me only 30 days,

does this give them less credence from a legal perspective?

all twaddle simply designed to make you respond

as long as you don't move without telling them and the car is registered to your current address (V5C) then you do nothing other than get reading up 

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...