Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Private Rent / Partner issues

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 311 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts



I am in need some advise how to proceed with my case please. I have been living with my partner for 9 years (not married) and we have 3.5 year old girl. Unfortunately we are no longer able to be together as our relationship is extremely violent. I do not want to continue living together and having my daughter see this growing up. I have decided to move on with my life and she is obviously very protective and angry about it.


The problem and my questions is this. We have moved into new house (rent) in March 2018 with 1 year joint contract. My boss is a guarantor for the property as I had CCJ at the time of applying for property. I have had to give him £5000 of my savings which he still holds to protect his interests. Now, the contract has finished in March and we did not sign any further contracts and carried on living and paying for rent. I am still living there, but not sure how long I will last with the abuse and provocation, thus I am planning to move out within next 1/2 weeks.


I have tried speaking to her so that we can resolve this without hurting the child as we are also splitting costs for the nursery. She has told me that she will not be paying any rent on her part or any other expenses and will await court order to move out of the house and she will depart to her home country. She is alone here and cannot move anywhere else to live. I cannot afford to be paying for the whole house and other expenses whilst I live and rent a room elsewhere. This would also be stupid of me paying for the whole house whilst she is comfortably living there. This really hurts me inside as I want the best for my daughter and to ensure she has a warm and safe home. 


I do not know what to do in my situation and how to proceed... She is adamant to f... up my life. If I do not make payments this will cause complications for my boss and myself with credit history and obviously have my daughter homeless soon thereafter the court orders the move out from the house.


I cannot afford any legal aid or advise, hence would be very much appreciated to get some kind of direction that I can take :(







Edited by Karalius

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...