Cabot/Restons Claimform - old New day Marbles card - - Ap to lift stay/SJ - NO DN only dbase SShot ***Claim Disc'd SJ thrown out***

tomtom013
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife received a court claim regarding an outstanding credit card debt with Marbles.The court claim was initiated by Restons on behalf of Marbles on 03/2018. My wife put in her defence shortly after and Restons failed to respond in the allocated time.

Restons then followed up with information that she requested in her defence and has subsequently requested settlement and asking her to withdraw her defence on 2-3 occasions. 

On Friday she received a letter from Restons stating they have served an application notice with supporting evidence and are seeking judgement without a hearing.

In a nutshell.

Failing this they are requesting

1) To lift the stay on proceedings

2) Strike out her defence

3) Alterative to the above, an order of summary judgement.

4) Defendant pays claimants costs

Can anyone please give advice on the best route for my wife to take.

Thank you in advance

standard practice for reston on stayed claims.

n244 threats to lift the stay and strike out going for a SJ I expect?

you sure the claimant was marbles? they don't exist anymore themselves?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I cant see any existing thread on this so we have no history......to enable advice.

Please read the following and copy the Q,s and your responses back here please.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/357877-you-have-received-a-claim-what-you-need-to-do-updated-jan-2019/

We will also need a copy of the defence submitted.

Thread title amended

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

as they do

but UNTIL the cOURT writes its just a std threat from them we've seen 100's of time here before

the debt might be a marbles card on but I bet bottom dollar its a DCA not marbles that are the claimant

can you answer andyorch's questions above please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• AndyOrch changed the title to Court Claim / Marbles /Restons application to lift stay and SJ

Hi Andy,

Thank you in advance for any help that you can offer! Here are the answers to the questions:

Name of the Claimant ? - Cabot Financial (UK) Limited. (The original debt is with New- Day Marbles credit card,)

Date of issue – 5th March 2018

Particulars of Claim

The Claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the Defendant(s) under a contract between the Defendant(s) and New Day dated on or about Jun 22 2015 and assigned to the Claimant on Oct 05 2017

What is the total value of the claim?

Default Balance - £2003.26

Court fee - £105

Legal representative's costs - £80

Total amount - £2188.26

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? I received letters saying they could take court action 

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No, same address

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? N/a

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit card

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After April 2007 - 2015

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online 

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. - The claim was issued by Cabot Financial, the debt purchaser who the account was assigned to.

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Yes I was aware

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? I can not remember receiving a default notice (however Restons have sent me a 'screen shot' stating that one was sent). 

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? I received a notice of sums in arrears on 7.8.17, the year after this, it had gone through the court already.

Why did you cease payments? Financial hardship plus illness - diagnosed with anxiety and I had just had a baby. Not an excuse I know!

What was the date of your last payment? 2 Feb 2017

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No

This is a copy of my defence:

I am defending this claim for the following reasons.

1. I am unable to admit liability as I have not seen any proof
that this is my debt, including an original final credit
agreement. I therefore, politely request a copy of the CCA
pursuant to s.78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

2. I can not recall having received any default notices from any
organisation, under Sec 87 of the CCA 1974. I need to see evidence
of these default notices also under Sec 87 of the CCA 1974.

the recent correspondence restons have sent me with their witness statement states that they have delayed their defence due to collecting more evidence.

They have sent me this evidence however it is exactly the same as what they sent me in January 2019.  

In addition, the witness statement explains that a screenshot from the original creditor evidencing that a default notice was issued on 26 th april 2017.

However, they have not sent me a copy of said default notice - they have included lots of statements though. 

Thanks, Amy

• dx100uk changed the title to Cabot/Restons Claimform - old New day Marbles card - - now Restons lift/SJ Threat

can we have the FULL POC as from the claimform please.

and scan up restons WS inc all the exhibits [don't need statements]

to one PDF file

read upload

and they

Hi,

That is the full POC on the claim form:

The claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the defendant(s) under a contract between the defendant(s) and New Day dated on or about Jun 22 2015 and assigned to the claimant on Oct 05 2017

PARTICULARS a/c...…...

Date                   Item                              Value

26/01/2018      Default balance           2003.26

Post Refrl Cr                NIL

Total                              2003.96

The Restons WS is 105 pages long including letters etc.  There are a lot of marbles statements in there plus letters from marbles, cabot and restons.  Are you wanting them all minus the statements from marbles?  Can I screen shot them and upload them?

Thank you 

use a scanner please <£25 nowa days.

we dont need statement.

but need their full WS + exhibits

thats a really brief poc.

and they

• AndyOrch changed the title to Cabot/Restons Claimform - old New day Marbles card - - Application to lift stay/Summary Judgment

had to hide that 

pers info on page one not checked the rest yet looking

dx

and they

claim number not redacted throughtout pages

other refs no's showing

point 7 address showing twice

all cabot letter sdhave ref no.

dx

and they

there is rather a lot to redact else id do it

using bits of paper is not really the way.

leave it there no-one bar you and siteteam can see it.

see what andyorch says.

but a couple of things pricked my eyes.

they want a paper only hearing.  you must object 

a lot to me seems like hearsay evidence esp as they make pains to ref phonecalls and internal databases not original information from the OC.

also those court cases they use as presendence.. I don't think apply here. 

and they

You dont need to object...the court will insist on a hearing anyway...just Restons trying it on on the cheap...as with every other thread they are always denied.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Yes the court should advise you of a hearing date...but dont sit too tight you now need to draft a statement in response and objection to their statement as to why the stay and Summary Judgment should be denied.This must be filed/served not less than 7 days pre hearing date.

Depends you may get a hearing in 3 months or in two weeks...depends how fast you can draft a response.Yes once you have a date you must file and serve...file and serve meand file with court and serve a copy on the solicitor....but only 7 days before the hearing.

One other thing. Is it resonable to request the court to stirke out the claim on the grounds of Restons not offering anything new from when the cliam was stayed due to them not responding to my defence in time and on continuing to waste court time. 

Not really because they have provided all their disclosures with their application now......concentrate on opposing their application and discrediting their evidence before asking to strike out the claim.

Hi again,

Hope i am ok to ask another question? Do I send this reponse now, while im awaiting correspondence from the court or do I wait until I hear from the court?

Many thanks for your help!

re post 21

got a date yet?

and they