BankFodder BankFodder

finaldj

Argos debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 183 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

As per the request I have setup a seperate thread for this.

So I have now missed my first payment,

I will be sending a letter to Argos tomorrow as per the templates on this site to set up a min payment of £5 per month via SO

Credit limit £750 inc interest charges and late payments total debt to them is currently £873

As in reply to you DX

In another thread I said my debit card was stored on the Argos website I can't remove this card only add new card details.

However in order to make payments every month I had to put in my 3 digit CVC number which Argos don't have it's not a regular recurring payment setup.

The question being can Argos still charge that card to try and force a payment and if so I will probably have to cancel my card with the bank and get a new one?

Edited by finaldj

as with all use of a debit card

the issue remains that any payment made using the card 'could' have enabled a continuous payment arrangement was whom you paid.

its difficult to ever get to the bottom of these CPA's and who 'does' have authority to do it.

I always find it best to simply write to your bank and clearly state in a simple letter that any or all CPA's that might exist which could result it payments being taken against bank AC no. are to be cancelled forthwith and never to be further honoured without your express written consent.

that way you have them over a barrel.