Dreaded letter has arrived ***Resolved****

Phil121176
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Run by a different company. Better than ATOS, but still use same points based system.

If you have evidence from your own Doctors, make sure you send to assessment centre before you attend your assessment.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The work capability assessment is based on how they assess you on a particular day.

If you regularly see a Doctors and they have a better understanding of your health, then yes ask your Doctors for a letter, just confirming your current situation.

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I always take someone with me, they take notes, and speak for me when I am having difficulty explaining things. 

The assessment was done in the same building Atos used, but not by Atos.

The result for me this time was being placed back in the esa support group,

my physical ailments were mainly given as to the reason why.

I strongly believe having someone with me, and good advisors (here in CAG) has been a great help.

They said work

"could be considered within 18 months" at the end of the report,

I felt like it was the weakest attempt they could make to please the dwp

Since then my benefit has changed to UC and I have been told I "may" have another wca at the end of the 18 months. 

If this happens I will take someone again and follow through in the same way. 

I think they still do recorded assessments,

I couldn't have one last time as they said I had to be there for 8.00 am and be prepared to wait a couple of hours or so in a queue,

they knew full well my daughter has a son in school with health problems and couldn't have come with me,

so I had to have one without recording....

when we got there at 9 ish I think it was,

the waiting room was empty,

so this queue wasn't there then. 

If time scales aren't an issue I would go for a recorded assessment at least.

It varies, at a guess i'd say anything between 3-6 weeks for me over the time, but I don't think there is any actual set waiting time.

• 1 month later...

I have my assessment on 3rd October.I’m already panicking in case they find me fit for work :( I did go to see my doctor about giving me evidence and she said they have already sent her a form to complete and send back,I hope everything goes my way next Thursday, so scared :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Today was the the day of my assessment but I got a call from them this morning and they said they have cancelled my appointment and I will hear from dwp in a few weeks

i thought they were going to give me a new date but he said I no longer need to attend the assessment and repeated. About hearing from dwp in a few weeks.

what do think has happened?

thanks

Hi....I cant be definite in your case, but this happened to me a while back, and it turned out that there was no assessment and the assessor had returned my file to the dwp, the result was I stayed in my benefit and no assessment.  I am pretty sure they cant find you fit to work without an assessment, as that's what its all about......so hopefully you will hear good news soon.  I really hope so.  Good luck.

33 minutes ago, Ruby_Tuesday said:

Hi....I cant be definite in your case, but this happened to me a while back, and it turned out that there was no assessment and the assessor had returned my file to the dwp, the result was I stayed in my benefit and no assessment.  I am pretty sure they cant find you fit to work without an assessment, as that's what its all about......so hopefully you will hear good news soon.  I really hope so.  Good luck

Thank you

Sounds like they have advised DWP to continue with current award, until a future assessment outcome decides otherwise. 

• 4 weeks later...

You can ask them for a written statement of reason, so you understand how they have made their decision to keep you in the support group and when they will next review this.

Make sure you maintain regular appoinments with your own Doctors as required by them, so there is a record being kept.  So if you needed your Doctors help with benefits assessments ec, this can be arranged.

You may be surprised that some people with health conditions, sometimes don't see their Doctors for extended periods of time, which then makes it difficult for their Doctors to complete reports required by benefits assessors,

• Thanks 1

Hi

Just so you are aware of exactly who carries out these assessment since Atos lost the contract it is now Maximus (you will see a different name on the website and paperwork but it is Maximus) that carry out these Assessments different company and they are an American company whose contract has been extended until 2021.

If you look at the website for the company in the UK (that DWP use) they call themselves 'Health Assessment Advisory Service' got to the bottom of there website and look to the left under 'Centre for Health and Disability Assessments' and look what it says.

https://www.chdauk.co.uk/

Do an internet search for Maximus medical assessments in America.

This is an American Company carrying these Assessment out and they certainly wont be doing it without a gain to them.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• AndyOrch changed the title to Dreaded letter has arrived ***Resolved****