• Tweets

• Welcome to the real world. What year of university are you in? What university? And what are you studying? What is the name of the agent? And what is the name of the landlord? The business of holding deposits should be affected by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and that means that they should be subject to terms relating to fairness. It seems to me that if you pull out of an agreement to take the property then the agent or landlord should only be entitled to hold on to sufficient funds to cover any administrative losses which they have suffered as a result of your change of decision. In practice many agents will simply take the opportunity to cream off a bit of extra profit. I suppose you just paid the money over without any kind of written agreement or recording or any evidence. Certainly, if you paid over a holding deposit on the basis of a particular contractual promise – that there would be a break clause and then subsequently there was no break clause then it would be a simple matter to argue that it was the agent of the landlord who had gone into the breach of contract in which case you would be entitled to recover all of your money. However do you have evidence of this? Similarly, if you pay the holding deposit and were only told afterwards that it was not refundable then it is arguable – although not cut and dried – that they had introduced a new term into an existing contract and so once again, you would be entitled to recover all of your money. However, once again – do you have any evidence of this? It will be interesting to know whether the agent is acting of their own initiative here or whether they are really exercising the will of the landlord. Please address the questions which I've put above
    • The house was sold in 2015. What’s Ll/BB. Can any one just say what I need to do. Or what I can do. Are Lowell in there rights to claim and therefore I’m liable for paying back the debt. Even though they can’t prove a contract to me in my name. Many thanks 
    • Hi GrievingMum   I fully understand and sympathise with your medical conditions.   The 3 screenshots/images in post#21 I have removed as I have converted those into one PDF which is now showing in that post.   CAG prefers PDFs rather than multiple screenshots/images but as I said I appreciate your medical condition so I have converted those screenshots/images into one PDF and removed the screenshots/images and left the PDF in your post.    CAG also prefers that all our caggers remain Anonymous on CAG, could I just suggest that when your have edited your document to just leave it for a while then go back to it and recheck that you have removed all info to keep you anonymous before uploading to CAG.
    • The letter send to contact them. Maybe if they wanted people to ring them they should put telephone? I was in India at the time so not really convenient to call them (I can prove this to them if it became an issue)  
    • Hi  I genuinely have not received this BUT I am not saying that it hasnt been sent as I am sure it will have been.   As i said, my son has the same name as me and I am sure if he had seen one of these, he will have let me know as he did when he opened the second letter. 
  • Our picks

Devoted Hubby

How can i remove several charging orders??

I have been tearing my hair out searching for information on the web. Finally (!!!) I came across this huge and exceptionally promising looking site.

I learnt a while ago that some Agreements for credit cards under the CCA 1974 are unenforceable.

To cut a long story short, as they say,

I am attempting to draw out funds from the equity in our property in order to secure natural treatments for my dear beloved wife.

(The NHS have genuinely done all that they could, but their funds being limited, there isn't any hope that they can do any more).

There are a myriad of Natural (proven) cures for my beloved wife.

Alas,  I discovered that there are three credit card charges on my property, going back many years.

These cards were all started in the 1980's and early 1990's, and were all under the CCA 1974.

I offer my sincere apologies that I have not read through enough of the threads on this site, to be able to find the answer which  I am seeking.

I am desperate to get things moving in order to get the funds for the treatment.

I fear I might already have confused folk here.

So here goes:

Is there a quick-ish way to get the charges removed from my property, which were placed there after Court hearings at which I was 'advised' to just agree, as I was unable to repay, many years ago.

I read on another website that a form AP1 should be sent to the Land Registry, detailing that the Agreement is unenforceable so the charges should be removed.

That sounded too simplistic so I moved on.

Naturally, I will be enormously grateful for any suggestions or guidance on this matter.

I accept that I may have rambled on a bit, but folks, I

am frantically attempting to find a solution to remove the charges so that I can quickly utilise those funds to get treatment for my dear wife.

Perhaps the answer is already here somewhere.

If so, I would be grateful for anyone pointing me in that direction.

Thank you.

is the property jointly owned

and the all the CO's/debts are in your sole name?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thank you dx100uk.

No, the property is only in my name, and yes all of the three credit cards are in my name also. 

Then the only way to remove the Charge/Restriction is to either set a side the original judgments if you have a defence and there not too old or settle the debts.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The only defence I could use is that the CCA1974 Agreements are unenforceable. Is that an acceptable defence? I would obviously need to somehow quickly obtain details of why the Agreement is unforceable.

the ccj's sadly trump the need for any enforceable paperwork and or any issues those now have.

I will assume that there were regular payments made on all 3 and there wasn't a gap of non payment on the accounts that exceeded 6yrs before the ccj's were attained?

that [they were already statute barred] might be your only route other than settling the co's 

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Thanks for your assistance guys.

While I look into getting the COs set aside, I have met a mortgage broker and will go ahead with a secured loan, in order to quickly get the funds for my dear wife's treatment. That takes priority above all else, the rest I will research into and deal with later, by going through all of the old paperwork. If nothing comes of it, so be it, I would just settle the COs at a later stage.

Thanks again guys, I genuinely appreciate you taking the time to respond.

ok keep us informed.

don't forget once you know who the oc's were

sar them.

you never know re SB dates

spreadsheets