Car Lease Ending - Repairs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had a car under lease now for 2 years and 6 months with the lease expiring on the 24/07. The car has been in repair with the main dealer local to me for 3 months of which in that time I've had 2 courtesy cars from the dealer.

The car has minor body damage and alloy wheel damage, which i always had in my mind to repair at least 2 months before the lease finishes. I got quotes etc all which gave an estimated time from booking to completion of ~1 month. 

My question:

The leasing company are chasing me to book an inspection on the vehicle and no matter how many times i have told them over the past month that it's in for repair, that was ignored until a few days ago.

Now they're telling me i have no choice but to get the repairs done with them which in turn can cost me more money, but now, finally taken note that it has been in the main dealer for 3 months +.

They're asking me to get the dealer to email them with an update every week but with the lease expiring in 3 days of writing this, what happens when the lease expires and it's still in for repair?

Do i still have a legal responsibility for the repairs?

and should i be given rights to find my own repair company even though the lease will expire?

I cannot take the car out of the dealers as per their advice.

Plus i wouldn't feel safe driving it seeing as it just randomly loses power when turbo cuts out.

Lastly,

my original lease contract was for 24 months but i extended it another 6 months,

i went way over my contracted mileage but increased my direct debit to cover the additional mileage and more.

Now, because the car has been in repair for 3 months and is on 28,000 miles i have already paid for 32,000

but should i be taking this loss of the over-payment seeing as I've not been able to use the mileage due to the lengthily repairs?

It only benefits the leasing company as the car would be worth more to them and taken money from me. 

Thanking you in advance.

The lease company are claiming you have to get the cosmetic repairs done with them? That sounds like a load of rubbish, your contract is to return the car on a certain date in a certain condition. What happens in that period with regards to damage and repair I would have thought is your business.

If the lease expires and the car is still in for repair, and the lease company are aware of this, and the dealers are stating it cannot be taken away, common sense says you have nothing else to do here. You can't. If you insist on taking the car and it blows up the dealer will palm you off and the lease company will want you to get the repairs done.

I think you should be getting a refund for the overpayment of the mileage you have paid for. You haven't used it so why should you pay for it?