BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Thank you for the information. I've amended your thread title to show more detail.   If you post up emails or correspondence, please make sure to block out any identifying information.   HB
    • I've had lots of experience with this unfortunately and the best way to deal with it   Use your local Councillor, find their details on Google, Call and email them. They will get the bailiffs off your back immediately and either give you a break from payments or an affordable arrangement.   You should be classified as vulnerable too, come back here to tell us how it went
    • might be better simply ignore everyone and not pay anything move and then when settled  send them each a CCA request as you'll only be having to write again if you CCA now to inform of the move.   nothing no-one can do in 1 month to you that a CCA request wont make them think again.   the other alternate is not bother at all just go as long as you are leaving no property asset. then simply write and state in now living in xxx, bye!!  
    • Hi, Thank you SilverFox and Honeybee, thank you for the welcome, I've put all the details in below and will attach the PDF of the email response and the NTK 1 The date of infringement? 24/10/2019 2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] Yes if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it, Sent by Email on 11th November 2019 Dear Sir/Madam, I parked at Broomfield Hospital, after driving around the staff car parks I could not find a space and eventually parked in patient parking.  I displayed my scratch card alongside my permit which is reference number (ref no taken out).  Kindest regards has there been a response? Response Email received on 14th November2 019 with an attached letter (copied to PDF) Please find important correspondence attached regarding your Parking Charge Notice. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your appeal, you cannot appeal again. You can make a complaint, details on how to do this are detailed at WEBSITE. If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........DONT ! seek advice on your topic have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] Yes what date is on it 18th December 2019 (Received in the post after Christmas) Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? No, there is photographic evidence on the first response from them (in the PDF) 3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] Yes 4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK, did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process? [it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances] I Have not appealed to them.  I spoke to someone within the hospital trust (car park management) who said he would have a look at the letters, so I sent them by email to him on Wednesday 22nd January.  He responded in an email response received today Tuesday 28th January that he couldn’t waive the charges now – I can send you the email 5 Who is the parking company? Gemini Parking Solutions London Ltd PO Box 2525 Buckhurst Hill IG8 1HR 6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Car park at Broomfield Hospital, Broomfield Chelmsford Essex .............................     ............................. PDF for OCT PCN.pdf
    • had me worried there.   as with all these erudio claims, they'll most probably let it get stayed. none that have filed sb to date have gone anywhere   dx
  • Our picks

Halpert87

SABA Windscreen PCN - Disabled Bay No Badge - Brighton Marina

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 190 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I am hoping that I have placed this topic in the right area. I am still a newbie to this site.

I parked in a disabled bay by accident and received a PCN from a private parking company. Although, I was most definitely in the wrong for parking there, it was a genuine mistake and I was advised by a friend that a private parking company were not able to enforce a fine. I ignored the letter that came through the post and the subsequent ones too.

Then last week I received another letter and now that I am finally dealing with my debts and fines I felt that it was high time I looked into this and make sure that I was doing the correct thing.

I've attached the photo of the letter I received.

I guess my questions are:

1. Do I have to pay this fine?

2. What do I do next?

Thank you in advance for all your help & advice x

PCN 1.jpg

where does it say fine please?

complete this:

• Thanks 1

Thanks @dx100uk I will complete that now :) 

Also, do you know if the letter I received is a PCN or Parking Charge Letter?

Thank you as always @dx100uk, your help is very much appreciated x

1 The date of infringement?

20/04/2019

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?]

No not yet

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

what date is on it

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

I received a letter but I am not sure if it is a NTK. It did not contain any photographic evidence.

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?]

Not sure

5 Who is the parking company?

Saba Parking Services Limited

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?

In a large free of charge multi storey car park in Brighton Marina

as it is from ZZPS we know it ISNT a parking FINE.

It is from a company called SABA who were previously Indigo and they  have a £700m debt pile cos they bought a load of parking spaces that lot hem money. However, where they just manage parking they lose 90% of their claims so chances are your original ticket/parking charge notice is duff.

Post up the original letter an we will advise on what it gets wrong

• Thanks 1

Hi @ericsbrother

Oh wow! That's interesting to know. Unfortunately I can't find the original letter. But I know the parking charge was stuck to my windscreen in a bright yellow packet. Then a few weeks later I received letters which were basically the same as the one above.

What should my next move be? Do I need to contact Saba directly?

Thank you all x

no they weretn the same as the one above, the first letter is called the NTK as the ticket was a notice to driver. The nTK must be sent out within a specific time so we need to know the dates and times of the event and when the NTK was issued and when you got it.

they say the breach of contract is for parkinm in a disabled bay without showing a badge so tey will need to have produced evidence of that in the NTK

@ericsbrother Oh ok that makes sense. I don't have the original letter though 😢 so not sure what to do next. Am I able to obtain a copy of the original from them if I write them a letter? Or am I better just simply paying them this time and remembering to be more organised if this happens again in the future?

That depands on what you wnat, we belives that most of the charges they issue are unlawful for various reasons so we help people fight them. To do that we need a load more information and that means you have to start being proactive.

So did you park there without displaying a blue badge?

was there the correct signage to indicate such a requirement?

Now this means that you would be better off returning to the site and photographing the signs and the spot where your car was parked.

Also post up a redacted version of what letters you do have so we can determine their menaing as chances are you have misunderstood

you dont owe ZZPS a penny and you may also note that they have added a large amount of unicorn food tax so they profit from the unknowing.

@ericsbrother

1 hour ago, ericsbrother said:

So did you park there without displaying a blue badge?

was there the correct signage to indicate such a requirement?

I did park there without a blue badge.

Yes there was a floor sign for the bay.

I know that they're a private company and not the council who issued the charge and I was once told that because of this, the charge is more like an invoice asking you to pay the charge but without any legal backing? Is this true? Or are they entitled to charge me? 

What happens if I ignore there letters? Will I get a county court judgement? Or bailiffs demanding the money?

Sorry if I sound completely clueless, this is all new to me and I am trying to absorb all your amazing advice x

there should be no or between judgement and bailiffs.

bailiffs can never be involved until/unless you lose in court

fat chance

you fail to pay the ccj within 28days

they return to court and ask for bailiff enforcement.

and even then there not a lot a bailiff can do on a civil debt, there is no right of forced entry.

but that's miles away if if if ever.

don't confuse a dca, which is what zzps are

and bailiffs

a dca has zero legal powers on any debt

and 

are NOT bailiffs.

@dx100uk Thank you, I understood all of what you're saying there and for the first time, I think its all making sense.

If I ignore the letter, there is a chance it will go to court?

At court if they win and I don't pay they can go back to court and ask for bailiffs to come and collect the money.

However, there is a chance they won't even take it to court?

They may just drop the case all together?

Is this correct?

Also, should I write to them at all?

Should I contact them to say I won't be paying?

x

try reading around 100 threads here so you get a better idea of who these people are and what they do and also why most of the time their demands arent lawful.

We expect yopu t help yourself as well as supply us with the necessary information to enable us to help you.

In answer to the point about disabled parking, a paint job on the floor does not denote a disabled bay. For council car parks there are specific plates that have to be displayed by every disabled space and the BB scheme doesnt apply to private land in England and Wales so it will be very difficult for the parking co to show how you have breached a condition that cannot be explained or demanstrated by comparison to a suitable code of practice.

You dotn write to them until we have all the relevent information and that will start with sight of what paperwork you do ahve other than the ZZPS bogroll

Halpert, if I tell you that most if not all private parking operators are ex-clampers, would that help you to start understanding the game here?

As EB says, you need to read other threads about Saba and other companies to see what they get up to.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate all your advice. I will read the other forums and messages too.

Apologies if it seems like I just ask a million questions. I am not the fastest reader/learner so it has been amazing to be able to ask all the direct questions I have been worrying about for a while, but I will try my best to do some research of my own too.

Many Thanks x