Parking Eye ANPR PCN - overstay of the 3hrs double dipping - Asda Ashton Under Lyne **CANC'D BY PE**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I received a speculative invoice from ParkingEye for allegedly staying in our Asda car park for over 5 and a half hours.

I know what has happened but can't believe the camera has missed me twice in one day bearing in mind I visit here at least twice a week and have done so for many years without any issue.

I had been there in the afternoon, photographed entering at 14:24 and waited for my missus to get her stuff, her till receipt shows her paying at 15:05 and then we left.

We then nipped back later in the evening for 3 items we needed unfortunately as it only cost £2.xx she didn't even take the receipt. 

This is when I was then photographed leaving.

It seems strange that it failed to register me leaving first time and then didn't register me entering again later on.

The invoice also has two different "Dates Issued" on it.

Any suggestions and help much appreciated. 

Parking Eye.pdf

The experts will be on in the morning … but don't worry, you won't be paying a penny.

As a first port of call is it worth going ballistic at Asda and demanding they tell PE to cancel?  If the local Manager is carp you can escalate to Area Manager and then CEO level. 

If you can remember which three items it should be possible for Asda to trace the receipt - if you need to go that far.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Parking Eye ANPR PCN - overstay of the 3hrs - Asda Ashton Under Lyne

please complete THis:

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 11/07/2019

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 16/07/2019 and 13/07/2019.  Two different issue dates on NTK 

3 Date received 20/07/2019

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up No

7 Who is the parking company? ParkingEye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Asda. Ashton under Lyne

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under BPA

there are not 2 dates.

13/8 is 16/7 +28days - the time limit for paying the £70

30-/07 is 14 days for £40 discount

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

PE's cameras are so rubbish they often issue tickets when "double dipping" (look it up) so get on to ASDA head office ( not store) and tell them about this and insist that they tell PE to cancel. If they waffle you let them know that you will be using their social media pages to 2warn other customers that they employ a bandit parking co that knows it has dodgy equipment but refuses to sort it out. Then f they prevaricate you let your local store know that you will be taking this up with the local press as you have ample proof of the 2 visits and that ASDA arent interested in helping their customers despite their motto.

Good advice EB, I've been onto head office and eventually got through to someone who seemed to know about this happening when you make more than one visit and straight away took the details and said it would be cancelled.  However, after explaining the situation to someone I was passed over to a line manager,  and her attitude was shocking.  She immediately got on her high horse and I hadn't even explained to her what the problem was, trying to tell me that it had nothing to do with Asda as they don't own the land, it was ParkingEye  :)

So after her little rant it seemed as if someone actually took the phone from her and we eventually got it sorted, although I wont know until PE write to confirm it is cancelled.

I'll update when I get confirmation.

Thanks all

If Asda dont own the land then how come they signed PE up to manage it for them?

the reason she went off on a rant is because the parking bandits casue so much aggro for the companies that hire them and just walk away from the problems they cause.

shame you didnt record the call as you would have them over a barrel now

anyway, fingers crossed they cancel it for you without having to spend more time on the problem

Edited by ericsbrother

Quick update,

I have checked online this morning and the charge has now been cancelled, I have obviously taken a screenshot and tucked it away safely  ;)

So I think we could safely say they will accept their clients word that their ANPR system is not fit for purpose yet they would deny it to anyone else and continue to harass them.

Screenshot attached.

Thanks for the suggestions

Cancellation.pdf

they will never accept their kit is garbage,

they will cancel the ticket as they will still get paid for another 200000 that no-one has challenged.

they will then claim that the accuracy is 99.998% based on the complaints about double dipping when the reality is they dont work if you drive in the exit and leave though the entrance, cant spot a vehicle, just the reg number so motorised wheelchairs and even shopping trollies with false plates on get sent tickets.

• dx100uk changed the title to Parking Eye ANPR PCN - overstay of the 3hrs double dipping - Asda Ashton Under Lyne **CANC'D BY PE**