• Tweets

• Lots of apparently differing views on the effects of: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/feb/25/atlantic-ocean-circulation-at-weakest-in-a-millennium-say-scientists     Https://www.euronews.com/living/2021/02/26/are-the-earth-s-shifting-magnetic-fields-causing-climate-change?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=en&utm_content=are-the-earth-s-shifting-magnetic-fields-causing-climate-change Interesting take, and undoubtedly some significant effects, but along with a less well understood irradiating event around 10,000 years prior to the one referenced here (earlier one thought to be a supernova or other such stellar event) , I think this is at least as at home in the Atlantis thread as what drove a surface dwelling primate to often often very deeply underground.
    • France have just approved the AZ vaccine for everyone up to about age 80 fwiw, TJ.
    • Drop some pfiser vaccines off at our local surgeries while you are out please MD
    • Thank you first address / name confirmed for me ..   He reads everything we post on this site 
    • Well send off the letter of claim when you're ready. There's really no need to hang around. In terms of the particulars of claim – you don't need to send anything extra. Do not click any boxes.   I wasn't aware that you actually had to calculate the daily rate of interest. I'm giving a shout to my site team colleague @Andyorch
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 639 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I got a PDL with Lending Stream a month or two back.

Their decision took 10 seconds and I'd been rejected by every shark under the sun that day.

No underwriters, no check on my monthly debt service payments which were understated by at least a grand.

Couldn't afford the loan then, couldn't afford the next three that I took out with other lenders either 🤦‍♂️

I'm looking forward to calling them tomorrow and negotiating a repayment holiday 🤘

no send an irl

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh mate they are getting both barrels, whether they help me or not I have them bang to rights on irresponsible lending. My closed loans report on Noddle (now Credit Karma) is 40 pages long. I can link mental health issues to my debt. I took loans to pay loans. They are all getting it. 

All that being said I still need to get through the months and I'll be unable to stay afloat for another month, never mind 2, 3 etc. I refuse to take any more  financial aid from my parents or my wife, because it's all my own doing, so I need a month or two to get on my feet. If they mess around I'll just read out every company that rejected me for a PDL in the week that they accepted, as well as my % loan repayments to net salary at the time. 

Will need to read up on the claims process though - how longs it take? 

I started my claim back in July last year so it is a lengthy process especially as the FOS are dealing with lots of cases now with the end date for claiming is drawing near.

it is - Only PPI has a set date BUT the FOS may considering setting an end date for IRL Claims real soon due to Wonga and many other lenders falling prey to IRL Claims

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis