• Tweets

• it was a windscreen ticket - thank you.   pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform. .  register as an individual  note the long gateway number given  then log in .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform .  defend all  leave jurisdiction unticked.  click thru to the end  confirm and exit MCOL. .  get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] no need to sign anything . you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]    
    • I no longer have the original ticket        The location is Royal Wharf E16 
    • we'll need the location from the poc please.   if you still have things like the original ticket notice to keeper/driver   we will need those scanned bothsides to one multipage pdf read upload        
    • I've entered details online, defended, does this look OK?    TIA
    • Hello, we bought a motorhome from Marquis in Preston, collected it on 8 August. Went to stay in Southport with it for a few days, left on Sunday 11 August to return home to Scotland. Motorhome drove perfectly from Southport to Dumbarton where we stopped at Service Station. When we came back to motorhome it wouldn't start. Tried several times to turn it over but just wouldn't start. Phoned the AA who came out. When they tried it, it started!! The AA man connected it to his device and said that there was 5 issues logged. The main one was an immobilizer fault. The other 4 were to due with fuel and oil levels and pressure but they were a result of the immobilizer fault. He cleared the fault and we drove home. On notifying Marquis of the problem they said nothing to do with them, to book it in to Peugeot. Tried to book with Peugeot but they won't take it as not currently broken down. Said we would have to wait until it breaks down again, not to let AA clear fault and have it recovered to nearest garage. Motorhome is brand new, 2019 ELDDIS Majestic with 800ish miles. We are unhappy that it doesn't seem reliable as shouldn't have a fault with immobilizer when new. Intimated to Marquis that reject motorhome under 30 day period of Consumer Rights Act. They have written to say they dont accept rejection as there is no longer a fault, therefore no grounds to reject and ask for refund. Motorhome was £48500 and would have thought shouldn't break down on its first outing. From other threads Marquis appear to be difficult to deal with, but do we legally have rights or do we have to just accept what they have said? Any advice would be very much appreciated, never been in a circumstance such as this before and dont know what to do. We live in a remote area in Scotland and have a 9 year old who will be with us on our motorhome travels, so a reliable vehicle is essential. Thanks in advance for any help. 
  • Our picks

Anon123456789

Bad signage - PCN Issued on day excluded from CPZ

Durham CC issued a fine for parking in a Controlled Parking Zone. However, the clearest signage specifically omits Sunday, the day on which the ticket was issued.

The zone signs start exactly where the single yellow lines start. 

They say that because there was another, small, sign saying no waiting without a Sunday (or permit) exception that the ticket is correct. They have a photo of this sign, so I don't dispute it's presence - my dispute is that the large, clear sign does not apply to the location it which it is placed. Either CPZ signs are either incorrectly sited or deliberately misleading. (You can just make out the post for the conflicting sign in the 1st photo.)

The yellow lines at the site are also incomplete and end incorrectly.

Is there any point challenging further, or do I just need to learn that I can't ever trust CPZ signs to describe when parking is allowed.

Thanks

CPZ Sign.jpg

Bad yellow line end.jpg

The sign tells you the hours the permit parking scheme is in force, and therefore applies to the perimt parking bays in the zone. It doesn't mean anyone can park where they like on Sundays.

The single yellow line should have its own time plate, and that's the one you need to go by if you're parking on the yellow lines. I don't think you would win an appeal on confusing signage, as they would expect drivers to understand this.

The yellow line not terminating correctly is unlikely to win an appeal either. It's usually considered trivial. I can see a break in the line, but again, that's not realistically going to lead to a misunderstanding of the regulations, so I wouldn't expect that to win either.

so where is the plate for the SYL?