Bad signage - PCN Issued on day excluded from CPZ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Durham CC issued a fine for parking in a Controlled Parking Zone. However, the clearest signage specifically omits Sunday, the day on which the ticket was issued.

The zone signs start exactly where the single yellow lines start. 

They say that because there was another, small, sign saying no waiting without a Sunday (or permit) exception that the ticket is correct. They have a photo of this sign, so I don't dispute it's presence - my dispute is that the large, clear sign does not apply to the location it which it is placed. Either CPZ signs are either incorrectly sited or deliberately misleading. (You can just make out the post for the conflicting sign in the 1st photo.)

The yellow lines at the site are also incomplete and end incorrectly.

Is there any point challenging further, or do I just need to learn that I can't ever trust CPZ signs to describe when parking is allowed.

Thanks

CPZ Sign.jpg

Bad yellow line end.jpg

The sign tells you the hours the permit parking scheme is in force, and therefore applies to the perimt parking bays in the zone. It doesn't mean anyone can park where they like on Sundays.

The single yellow line should have its own time plate, and that's the one you need to go by if you're parking on the yellow lines. I don't think you would win an appeal on confusing signage, as they would expect drivers to understand this.

The yellow line not terminating correctly is unlikely to win an appeal either. It's usually considered trivial. I can see a break in the line, but again, that's not realistically going to lead to a misunderstanding of the regulations, so I wouldn't expect that to win either.