Resignation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have had to hand my notice into work this week due to my Manager telling me that I had lied to him. After we had a talk about it I received lots off emails asking about various things that needed sorted as someone else who I work with made such huge problems, so I was told to deal with it, which I have no issue with. I was also promised bonus money in April due to us doing so well and as off yet I have received nothing.  I was thinking about putting in a grievance but wanted to find out more before I do. I am still employed by them + am still on the payroll.

Thanks in advance

If you’ve handed in your notice : what help do you want / expect?.

You’ve handed in your notice & not raised a grievance .... that is the wrong way around.

Now you’d have to prove constructive dismissal, and (if you hand in your notice rather than pursue the grievance route first) that is a high bar to meet.

How long have you been employed there?

Hi,

The 'Bonus' takes into account our overall achievement in the first 1/4 off the year. We made our total sales and is part off my package but as off yet I have still to be paid this

Cheers 

1 hour ago, neilfisk said:

Hi,

The 'Bonus' takes into account our overall achievement in the first 1/4 off the year. We made our total sales and is part off my package but as off yet I have still to be paid this

Cheers 

Yet, what EB asked was:

2 hours ago, ericsbrother said:

what are the circumstance surrounding the promised bonus? they may owe you that money as a contractual condition rather than just a whim

So, is it a contractual condition or a discretionary bonus?

you haven’t helped yourself by jumping to resignation, and you’ll limit the ability of people here to help you if you don’t help them to help you by answering what they are asking ......

Ok, generally you have to be there at the end of the qualifying period so for a quarterly bonus ending  on the 31st march that would mean yu qualify BUT some employers have terms that say you must be there the full year or other qualifying time so what doesn your contrcat say? If it says nothing then it is safe to assume that you are eligible based on previous actions/payments