31 overwhelmed with debt and scared

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I am filling out the form now so that I can send it to my creditors. My question is when filling it out do I put both mine and my boyfriends income and outgoings or just mine?

A lot is joint? A bit confused.

if some are joint debts by that i mean joint card or bank accounts they you will have too

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If the debts are in your name alone...no reason to mention a boyfriend unless its obvious your out goings do not match your income ? 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

You could...if your inflating the income..inflate the total debts.....I doubt it will make any difference in the long run or whether they will even read it.......thats why Im not an advocate of using this system...what ever you offer what ever you request will be rejected...and they will default you.....but they will have all your personal information by that stage.

DRO or CCA request...stop payment with no response is the only way forward.

IMHO.

Argh! I am so confused. So you don't think that they will agree to help in anyway? Do you think even requesting a freeze on interest will be rejected?

I am so confused as to what to do. I thought I had worked out the best option but your lack of faith in this system worries me.

x

Ive yet to see it happen yet in my 13 years on this forum...even if hey did agree to freeze the interest...you have breached the agreement and will get a default marker/ notice .

Then they will assign it to a debt collector...debt collector will ignore any payment plan you had with the OC and hound and harrass you forever...some will even litigate and issue a Court Claim.

So before that happens why not request copies of the agreements per debt see who can comply and not and get in front and find out what is and not enforceable and likely to be litigated on.

Your in debt your in trouble..this will only get worse before it gets better....unless you land a windfall on the lottery.Creditors are not in the business of assisting debtors with debts they owe to them...your simply prolonging the process by trying to appeal to their better nature....or lack of it.

Just my opinion but you must do what you feel comfortable with .

Andy

• Thanks 1

Agreements yes...section 77 for loans and section 78 for credit cards and section 79 for Hire Purchase

• Thanks 1

:becky: I wouldnt...you cant request agreements over the phone...read here....1 per agreement

• Like 1

@Andyorch I've still much to learn.

I am now thinking about if I can sell a lot of the things I no longer need or use like downgrade my iPhone to a basic one and sell my laptop and use my phone to bring in more money instead?

Also, I was thinking that maybe I could still find credit and move my balances around to be at the lowest rate and maybe see if I can do overtime at work to help bring the debt down as fast as possible. I would like to get a second job but no where is hiring at the moment.

I checked my credit score today and it currently stands at 356... Is that good? Bad? Average?

I think I work out the best way for me to cope but there seems to be no easy way out of this mess.

x

Jesus... Don't sell stuff to keep yourself afloat! 

Ignore the scores in Credit Files... They mean nothing... 

You really are thinking about this too much... 

Please don't sell stuff to try and make ends meet 

• Like 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Or , instead of prolonging the agony, just accept your Credit File is going to be trashed anyway, whatever you do.  The sooner you stop paying and ignore everyone, the sooner you get defaulted, the sooner the 6 year statute barred clock starts ticking. Paying a quid a month will run that for ever.

In a few years your defaults will be far less relevant to getting a mortgage etc, in 6 years it will be like they never happened. Sure you might get a claim form , but that could be years away, and therei s lots of help here.

but as the above poster says, please don't sell anything, non of this is anything to really worry about.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Argh! I am so confused.

I feel really low today with all this pressure building up on me.

I really don't know what to do.

Like I said I have no safety net of family to fall on to for support so I want to put myself in the least vulnerable position as possible.

I don't want to end up homeless because of all of defaults and unable to get any credit to get me out of my hole.

x

well whichever way you go credit with defaults that show for 6yrs and or an IVA/DRO or whatever IS going to probably kill credit .

the only way to guarantee your file stays clean is to properly service all the debts which you cant.

so facing those hard facts.... as andyorch suggests, wack off CCA requests for those covered by the CCA and lets see what cards each creditors holds.

it wont stop them defaulting you whichever your route, but it might well severly reduct the sum that you ultimately might legally owe thus reduce the overall debt , this could provide a better insight into which way you go forwards.

info and documentation is always the key in any multidebt sutiations

you are in the debt selfhelp forum

there are threads whereby £10k's of debt proved unenforceable.

have a read 

their stories might inspire you..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and unable to get any credit to get me out of my hole

Seriously...isn't that why you are in the position you are now?...and you want more credit ? 

• 7 months later...

Hey Everyone,

I came on here last year with my debt worries and was offered a wide variety of great advice. For personal reasons I did not get around to applying for any form of debt relief and have been living hand to mouth for the past few months. I have since decided that I am going to try and apply for a DOR but before I jump into it head first I had a couple of questions that I am hoping some of you may be able to help me with.

1. My Debt total currently stands at £21,004.94 I know that to meet the criteria for a DOR it needs to be £20k or under but a friend has offered to pay the £1004.94 for me to allow me to be in that threshold. Is this still ok?

2. I can not afford to live alone currently & although I recently split up with my partner we are very amicable and we agreed to continue to live together (we recently renewed a year lease on the house we rent) The bills all come out of a joint account and as he is now a room mate he pays half as do I from this joint account. How will this affect my DOR? It would be very messy to separate the account... but I don't know if the DOR will take into account his earnings??

3. I am renting do I need to let the letting agent know about my application for a DOR? I have lived here for 4 years and always paid rent on time.

4. The bills are in my name & my ex-boyfriends name. How will this affect my DOR?

5. I have a car on PCP how will this affect my DOR? On the research I have done I saw it said I can only have a car up to £1000. So am I right in thinking I will need to give my car back to the dealership?

6. I also have been helping care for a close friends family member and receive £66 a week carers allowance. I do not want to give up caring for him as he needs my help. How will the carers allowance be taken into account with the DOR?

I apologise if I seem a little clueless, this is all out of my area of expertise and I really don't have anyone to turn to. I would really appreciate any advice you can offer. I don't want to apply for the DOR until I know I have everything in place as I am petrified of it being rejected and not having any help with my debt.

Thank you in advance,

Kindest regards,

Halpert

threads merged for history

pers I think it's a good idea you didn't go DRO

did you send everyone you are /were paying a CCA request?

if not do so..

await to see the result of those BEFORE you do anything else..

dx

and they

Can't agree with the above from @dx100uk more.  It might be the case that none of it is enforceable anyway.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi @dx100uk & @London1971

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I didn't send one because I was told by another member that it would probably be a waste of time.. do you think that it is not the case?

My Debts stand as follows at the moment:

Natwest OverDraft - £2,250

Littlewoods Online Credit Account - £1273.33

Next Buy Now Pay Later Account - £512.47

Paypal (They moved this to a debt collection agency called wescot) - £2113.38

Barclaycard Credit Card - £10,356.23

Amazon Credit Card - £499.53

MBNA - £4000

Total: £21,004.94

I genuinely can't afford to pay these off.

I am paying minimum payments (just about) where it's only hitting the interest rates.

I then have to move money around the accounts I do have just to be able to hit these payments.

This is how I have only just been scraping by the past few months.

I'm so stressed and just don't know what to do.

I feel like a DRO is the only way to go as I just need these debts wiped and I will never be able to pay them off on my own.

Please help x

so we all wasted almost a year and 73 posts... for you to actually do nothing to help yourself???

so no CCA requests went out?

no pro rata letters went out?

dx

and they