BankFodder BankFodder

QUIX0TIC

ESA50 & Chronic Migraine Help?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 187 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello everyone, I'm looking for some advice, I have an ESA50 to fill in. I suffer from Chronic Migraine and I am really struggling to answer most if not all of the questions in the physical functions part of the questionnaire, for example, the question asking if I can reach with my arm or lift my arm high enough to put something in a pocket, none of the physical questions seem in any way relatable to anyone suffering from any sort of chronic headache disorder, I don't know if it's just the medication I'm on making my mind blank but I'm just at a loss in how to answer these questions relating to my health issue, I've also had a look at the descriptors and it seems like they are very specific to the questions, again, in no way relatable to a chronic headache condition, therefore no points will be scored. I just find it utterly mad that because I can lift my arm/reach that it somehow means I do not have a debilitating condition and therefore wouldn't qualify for ESA.

I'd appreciate if anyone could offer me any advice or know of any websites that are related to migraine/chronic headaches that have any advice or help in filling in this form in relation to that condition.

Thank you for your time.

Some conditions can affect being able to work and some don't.

Unless you have medical evidence to confirm that your health is in such a  state that you have limited capability for work, you are likely to be found fit for work.

Do you have evidence from Doctors that detail how you have such migraine attacks, which prevent you from being able to function for lengthy periods of time ? For example you have regular migraines recorded on your Doctors records, where you have been bedridden for days.

in the section regarding mobility, you will have to answer honestly about your normal everyday ability to perform the actions being asked about. There are other sections of the form where you can detail more information.

Up to you to obtain required evidence from your Doctors that you can provide to the ESA assessment company.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi.

To add to what UB has said, is there a charity that helps people with migraine problems that could help you>

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum