local dealer parking cars all untaxed and some no MOT, on a narrow no through road which leads to a busy school.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm what a dealerships legal responsibilities are regarding the cars they've taken in part exchange?

Basically a local dealer has taken to parking over 10 cars, which are all untaxed and some no MOT, on a narrow no through road which leads to a very large and busy school.

Its been going on for a few weeks now and causing huge congestion problems at school run time as cars are unable to pass to and from the school.

Want to confront them but obviously would like to know how the law stands first

Thanks

Well clearly their liabilities the same as any other citizen. The car can only be kept on the road if it is properly taxed, MOT'd and insured.

You should take photographs of all of them and start reporting them to the police and to the DVLA. Maybe you should try and enlist the help of the school as well as the local authority.

Who is the dealer?

I'm surprised he keeps the car there with all the kids on microscooters and bikes and mums with chained handbags scratching everything in their path.

Unless he's one of the scrap dealers dressed up as a car dealer, the same ones we hear about here on cag.

On 17/07/2019 at 19:10, BankFodder said:

Well clearly their liabilities the same as any other citizen. The car can only be kept on the road if it is properly taxed, MOT'd and insured.

You should take photographs of all of them and start reporting them to the police and to the DVLA. Maybe you should try and enlist the help of the school as well as the local authority.

Who is the dealer?

Its Ken Brown Motors who are a big Kia dealer.

Photos have been taken and I've reported a few to the DVLA and also the local council as abandoned vehicles as some have been there a few weeks now

1 hour ago, ericsbrother said:

you need to check that the road is a public highway and report to the council and police.

wouldnt it be terrible if a kid scratched the lot of them one evening if it is an unadopted road

It is a public highway. 

TBH I don't think they'd care about any damage as I'm assuming they've been taken in part exchange so the dealers already got what they want out of them

• dx100uk changed the title to local dealer parking cars all untaxed and some no MOT, on a narrow no through road which leads to a busy school.