Stead vs Lloyds Bank

mrstead

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive just recieved my statements/ charges for the last 6 years and am about to get strated on round 2 of proceedings.

I first tracked this site down and set off my own quest back in June but have been lazy (letting more charges build up:) ) and havent done anythging up until a few weeks ago. Now the statements are here is time to share the experience;)

.....i'm just about to fill in my preliminary approach letter, ive noticed though that you shouldnt include any overdraft interest unless you can proove it is from the charges. Does this mean that if im already overdrawn i cant claim the interest back? Does one of the interest calculators do it for you?

thanks in advance

.....i'm just about to fill in my preliminary approach letter, ive noticed though that you shouldnt include any overdraft interest unless you can proove it is from the charges. Does this mean that if im already overdrawn i cant claim the interest back? Does one of the interest calculators do it for you?

thanks in advance

Thats correct you can not claim back the interest on the overdraft unless it is because of the charges. Most people do not bother because it is complicated however Vamps has done a spreadsheet for it in the Library.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

• 1 month later...

standard letter recieved 28/12/06 saying how sorry they were to hear i was unhappy about their bank charges.........

time to send the letter before action.

as they appear to have taken over a month to respond could i have sent this letter after 14 days?

should i be sending the letters to the original address or the one they are replying from?

thanks

The court expects you to try and settle this and use the courts as a last resort .They will look at 28 days as a resonable time for you to try , hence why both our letters give 14 days each .

So yes after 14 days you could and should of sent your LBA .Send it now and then start preparing your claim to go in , if you haven't had a satisfactory response after 14 days then file your claim.Them delaying by telling you they are looking into it is not a satisfactory response.

Send future corrospondence to the address that they responded from.

Please read the step by step guide we have ,as it is very important that you understand what you are doing and what steps you need to take as we wouldn't want you making any mistakes :) .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

thanks mjanet, youve got me worried now though! thougfht i had it all worked out as i cut and pasted all the templetes. Have i got it right...

1 - SAR

2 - REQUEST FOR REPAYMENT WITH BREAKDOWN OF CHARGES

3 - LETTER BEFORE ACTION AGAIN WITH BREAKDOWN OF CHARGES

4 - FILE MONEYCLAIM WITH ANY ADDITIONAL MONIES GOING ON

Hope the above is correct!

thanks mjanet, youve got me worried now though! thougfht i had it all worked out as i cut and pasted all the templetes. Have i got it right...

1 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

2 - REQUEST FOR REPAYMENT WITH BREAKDOWN OF CHARGES

3 - LETTER BEFORE ACTION AGAIN WITH BREAKDOWN OF CHARGES

4 - FILE MONEYCLAIM WITH ANY ADDITIONAL MONIES GOING ON

Hope the above is correct!

Sorry , I never meant to worry you and you have nothing to worry about .As I said you should of sent your LBA after 14 days but its no big mistake you can just send it now .

yes above is right except for again sending a revised schedule at 4), do you know what additional monies ?...8% interest .

How to word your claim is in our libary .

We advise to do it on a N1 form ( available in our libary ) and hand it in personally at the court rather then moneyclaim as you can do a more detailed claim as the space in moneyclaim is limited .If you do hand it in personally you will need 3 copies of your claim and 3 copies of your revised schedule ( now showing the interest )

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.