Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • it was a windscreen ticket - thank you.   pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform. .  register as an individual  note the long gateway number given  then log in .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform .  defend all  leave jurisdiction unticked.  click thru to the end  confirm and exit MCOL. .  get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] no need to sign anything . you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]    
    • I no longer have the original ticket        The location is Royal Wharf E16 
    • we'll need the location from the poc please.   if you still have things like the original ticket notice to keeper/driver   we will need those scanned bothsides to one multipage pdf read upload        
    • I've entered details online, defended, does this look OK?    TIA
    • Hello, we bought a motorhome from Marquis in Preston, collected it on 8 August. Went to stay in Southport with it for a few days, left on Sunday 11 August to return home to Scotland. Motorhome drove perfectly from Southport to Dumbarton where we stopped at Service Station. When we came back to motorhome it wouldn't start. Tried several times to turn it over but just wouldn't start. Phoned the AA who came out. When they tried it, it started!! The AA man connected it to his device and said that there was 5 issues logged. The main one was an immobilizer fault. The other 4 were to due with fuel and oil levels and pressure but they were a result of the immobilizer fault. He cleared the fault and we drove home. On notifying Marquis of the problem they said nothing to do with them, to book it in to Peugeot. Tried to book with Peugeot but they won't take it as not currently broken down. Said we would have to wait until it breaks down again, not to let AA clear fault and have it recovered to nearest garage. Motorhome is brand new, 2019 ELDDIS Majestic with 800ish miles. We are unhappy that it doesn't seem reliable as shouldn't have a fault with immobilizer when new. Intimated to Marquis that reject motorhome under 30 day period of Consumer Rights Act. They have written to say they dont accept rejection as there is no longer a fault, therefore no grounds to reject and ask for refund. Motorhome was £48500 and would have thought shouldn't break down on its first outing. From other threads Marquis appear to be difficult to deal with, but do we legally have rights or do we have to just accept what they have said? Any advice would be very much appreciated, never been in a circumstance such as this before and dont know what to do. We live in a remote area in Scotland and have a 9 year old who will be with us on our motorhome travels, so a reliable vehicle is essential. Thanks in advance for any help. 
  • Our picks

sparkeyrjp

Kennel cancelled booking for dog

Recommended Posts

I think I know the answer , but

We booked our dog into boarding kennels for our holiday , starting Tuesday 16

Unfortunately about 2 weeks ago the dog picked up a parasite called giardia .this causes soft stools etc .

The vet gave us the treatment and said the dog “should “ be ok in time for the boarding .A side effect of the treatment is that the dog has still has soft stools , similar the those when the parasite is present

We messaged the kennel Friday , explaining the situation , also topping up the final payment , It appears the kennel did not receive the message , so we spoke yesterday ( Monday ) They were unsure as to whether the dog should be accepted . over night they massaged us and cancelled the booking , we do have a plan “B” this involves our daughter moving  back home for a week .

Their T&Cs are quite tight , regarding cancelation by the client , But in this case they cancelled , have I got a hope of getting a refund , less , say , a admin charge , over £300 fees have been paid for 10 days boarding

We do have "Pet Plan" Insurance

Extract from T&Cs

 

 

“You agree that if you do not arrive on the start date of your booking, you will be liable for the full payment per day. You agree that should you return from holiday early and

decide to collect your dog before the end of your booking, you will not be entitled to any refund of payment. In the unlikely event of illness or other circumstances resulting in a

reduced stay with us, the total booking fee is still due and you will not be entitled to a refund or part refund. You agree that if you cancel giving less than 14 days notice the total

fee is due. You agree that if you cancel your booking you will lose your full deposit. If you bring less dogs than are booked, you are still responsible for the balance due. “

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does the Petplan policy say about cover for kennels in your circumstances, sparkey?

 

HB


Illegitimi non carborundum

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holiday cancellation, £1500, but I need to call them to find out what cancellation is covered , as the policy doc is a one liner

Off to Vet now , and call Pet Plan during office hrs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoken to Pet Plan , even they can’t give a definitive answer , all they could come up with , is to submit a claim and see what happens .

Meanwhile , I have messaged the Kennel asking for refund as it was them that had cancelled the booking  , I indicated I would accept an admin fee, suggesting 10%

 

BTW dog appears to be on the mend , have to submit stool samples next week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the contract was cancelled by the kennels you should get a full refund without any admin charges being deducted  If they do charge an admin fee you are entitled to ask for a breakdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Agree, they are the ones cancelling so that means the whole contract is void and you owe nothing.

Why on earth wwere you so forthcoming in demanding they charge you an admin fee? they will now of course use that to try and keep as much money as they can when they by the lack of contract have no claim on any of the money. If you wanted to be awkward you could bill them for the cost of making an alternative arrangement but considering it is a wider health issue just a full refund iswhat one would expect

Edited by ericsbrother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re admin fee I was trying to be reasonable .

I have contacted the Kennels with bank details requesting a refund , and as you might expect , they think by saying “ at this time we will not be able to accept dog “ they are not cancelling .

I have told them this unacceptable , as their message also carried some inaccuracies as to how they were informed .

I have told them , as I am away ( the holiday the dog was to have been in kennels for ) I have no intention of entering into email ping pong until I return to the UK .

So updates in about 2 weeks time

Thanks so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...