Ryanair flight delay - refused compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Wonder if anyone can assist please?

We were due to fly with Ryanair back from Girona to Newcastle on 9th July 2019 at 17.15.

The board stated at approx. 16.45 that there would be a delay of 1 hour to 18.15 and at this time there was some heavy rainfall at the airport but other planes were landing and taking off.

There was no further communication to passengers other than word of mouth from other customers to say we were to leave the airport, collect out luggage from arrivals and board coaches to Barcelona. No representative from the airline told anyone where to go to get the coaches etc and this was very confusing. We were all given info in the form of a printed sheet of paper with details how to claim etc etc.

Eventually boarded coaches and had a 1 hour journey to Barcelona el Prat and back through check in / security etc.

The info boards then told us to go straight to gate W52 ready to board.

We waited there for a further 3 and half hours before being herded onto airport buses and onto the aircraft.

Yet again no explanation whatsoever from any representative of the airport or the airline.

We were offered 5 euro per person for food which allowed us a half a sandwich and a bottle of water!!

We eventually arrived back into Newcastle at around 1am on 10-07-2019 with some people unable to continue their journey as they were using rail connection that were by this time unavailable.

This resulted a delay in returning home of around 6 hours.

I have put my claim forward to be told that these were exceptional circumstances due to adverse weather conditions causing a knock on effect?????

Bollox!

They try that all the time.

You might be able to get full flight info for the cancellation from the equivalent of caa in spain.

Over here the caa upon request sends all flight details including reason for cancellation.

Most airlines will lie and say that it was "exceptional circumstances ".

In the mean time, go to one of the many flight status website and download and print evidence that the flight was cancelled; they might even deny that.

You need to submit an official claim under the EU Reg. 261/2004 and give them 14 days.

On day 15 you send a lba.

You must use the UK registered office for the airline, you'll find this on companies house.

if their head office is abroad, and it is in your case, send same communication to head office and uk registered address.

why send a lba? just go through the regulator/ombudsman if they wont play ball. Gotta jump through the hoops first.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ombudsman???

By all means if you enjoy being taken for a ride and waste months on a clear cut case, do that.

Otherwise follow my tried and tested way (which it's not my invention but the right way to succeed).

Edited by king12345

19 hours ago, king12345 said:

Bollox!

They try that all the time.

You might be able to get full flight info for the cancellation from the equivalent of caa in spain.

Over here the caa upon request sends all flight details including reason for cancellation.

Most airlines will lie and say that it was "exceptional circumstances ".

In the mean time, go to one of the many flight status website and download and print evidence that the flight was cancelled; they might even deny that.

You need to submit an official claim under the EU Reg. 261/2004 and give them 14 days.

On day 15 you send a lba.

You must use the UK registered office for the airline, you'll find this on companies house.

if their head office is abroad, and it is in your case, send same communication to head office and uk registered address.

Hi and thanks for info.

How do I find this flight info for Spain? Any idea?

I have sent the EU261/2004 yesterday. They had already emailed me to say it was adverse weather and out of their control but I do not believe this was the case. There were many Ryanair flights in use that evening.