Hoist claimform - old Sky barclaycard debt ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That figures, thanks

Any idea on the print out of the web form data, quite apart that it could have come from anywhere as it's not signed by anyone. Does the Subject to Credit Approval stamp mean that's it's not an actual agreement?

Thanks

Edited by Andyorch
Name removed

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scan it up the CCA return?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Whats the date on it, the 2007 one thats xxed out?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

apologies for the ridiculous delay in posting what they sent me,

anything blanked is correct and looks like what i might have entered on an online application,

the big lower left blanking is a handwritten 12 digit number.

I had no more communication from the people that were calling three times day for a couple of months

now btw.

Micky.pdf

Hi Micky,

There's no way that counts as an enforceable agreement.

Any progress yet about quantifying the amount of penalty charges you can reclaim ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick, splendid news, I was a little unsure because it was an online type thing and the esignature angle. For my understanding though, why not? I appreciate there's no terms and conditions for one, is it even an agreement at all, is it just an application?

Umm, no other then i added up the charges from the statements that I did have, been working four months of seven day weeks so time has rather slipped by for me, Need to SAR still don't I? Now I can rest easy on this one I'll get on with the SARs etc, I've seen the other threads with people probaly getting them back at Comp Int which is good news, my charges are old charges.

Thanks again

Micky

Hi Micky,

Don't get too excited ye about the CCA issue. The CCA date is important here.

Sorry if this is already on-thread but what's the date on the document (which is not a credit agreement).

If your penalty charges are older, all the more reason to seek a refund from BC.

Have you done a compound int't spready yet. When you do, let us know how the reclaim figure compares with the amount due on the a/c.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Micky,

Don't get too excited ye about the CCA issue. The CCA date is important here.

Sorry if this is already on-thread but what's the date on the document (which is not a credit agreement).

If your penalty charges are older, all the more reason to seek a refund from BC.

Have you done a compound int't spready yet. When you do, let us know how the reclaim figure compares with the amount due on the a/c.

Slick, from memory it's June 2007, I can confirm that this evening, certainly 2007

dx, I've have seen plenty of the regular CCAs including a couple of my own, this document though is a new one on me and I've not seen them anywhere else yet

Thanks both

Micky

If the credit agreement was dated 6/4/2007 or later, challenging enforceability is more difficult.

You didn't reply to my comment about penalty charges above.

It's defo stamped as June 2017. The older ones are harder to challenge? I though it was the opposite, the older the better as regards challenging. I've been assuming the deathly silence from the other side after the early flurry of activity was a good sign?

And I have done a spreadsheet of the statements that I had, a few years from seven or eight years ago when it was active, I'll SAR at the end of the month when I've got more then 10p, but i doubt that three years or maybe even six will add too much to the pot.

Any agreement prior to 6/4/2007 must be a "true copy" of the agreement, anything after that date can be reconstituted but still needs all the prescribed terms including relevant and any amended t's and c's

Hence the importance of the date of the agreement

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• 2 months later...

Hi Micky,

Sounding good ..............

• 1 month later...

and you've not learned that in being here 12yrs......:lol::lol:

and they

• 2 years later...

hello all

Claimant - Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 LI

Date of issue – 12 July 2019

What is the claim for –

The Claim is for the sum owing of £ 5xxx in respect of monies owing under an Agreement with the account no.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA).

The debt was legally assigned by Barclays Bank plc (EX BARCLAYCARD) to the claimant and notice has been served. The Defendant has failed to make any contractual payments under the terms of the Agreement. A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to s.87(1) CCA.

The Claimant claims

1. The said sum of £ 5xxx

2. Costs

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol)? I don't think so

What is the value of the claim? £5xxx

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit card

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? June  2007

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? I think so

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Unsure

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? I think so

Why did you cease payments? Upon not being sent a CCA following a request

What was the date of your last payment? Early 2016

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Yes in that no acceptable CCA was ever sent

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? in 2014/2015

hello every one again,

this account relates to a SKY card applied for online 2007,

along with all my other credit cards I sent off SARS etc in 2016 with routine success in that valid CCAs were not sent and I ignored all correspondence thereafter.

This week I got a claim from got HOIST FINANCE using Howard Cohen as the address. 

After skimming a few other threads it appears to be a case of responding online to the claim form stating an intention to defend the claim, send a CCA request to the claimant, Hoist and a CPR to the solicitors, Cohen?

And it's likely a case of following procedure until the discontinue?

As ever, thanks for all advice and support

I have acknowledged the claim online 

CCA and CPR are written and I'll post them tomorrow,

if the POC on the claim letter do not mention any documents beyond a reference to a default notice being served and an agreement, is that all I ask them to provide or should I leave the whole default list in?

Thanks

Micky

• dx100uk changed the title to Hoist claimform - old Sky barclaycard debt

pers i'd keep all the list in on the CPR cant hurt.

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Indicatively yes but not entirely...they may try a reconstituted version  

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread