Help please santander and moorcroft

genie9373
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, we are hoping you can give us some advice (my brother) please regarding an old loan with Santander that has been passed to Moorcroft for collection.

The loan was defaulted in April 6 years ago so has dropped off the file, the debt was with step change for a period of time and the default balance was £8800.

The loan was for £10,000 @ 13.9 apr which made it £13,400 and something.

Moorcroft are chasing £10,499 which is not the default amount and after repeated emails asking for further information to be told Santander had not got anything

- we put in a SAR to Moorcroft (is it their duty to reply to this or the OC Santanders ?)

they told us Santander need the SAR not Moorcroft,

now they have produced a default notice and a copy of the credit agreement but no statement of account showing how they get it to £10,499.

They sent a list of payments to the account but no other accounting figures

Any advice at all would be appreciated please

kind regards

SAR would need to go to Santander. But perhaps don't do this.

Debt collectors such as Moorcroft hold very little data. The debtor would simply be one line on a spreadsheet which they then add to their systems.

Moorcroft simply chase for debts on behalf of the original creditor. They don't normally try to enforce any debt. If no repayment arrangement is made within a period of time, the debt is passed back to original creditors which in this case is Santander.  Santander are likely to sell the debt at some point to a debt buyer and the new debt owner may attempt to enforce, but this may be years into the future.

I cannot see the point in being too active on this debt and sending letters to Santander or Moorcroft. Why bother, when engagaing in correspondence means there is an active file, which may not be helpful. This debt is no longer on the credit file, suggesting the default happened 6 years or more ago. So the debt cannot be added back onto a credit file and therefore no debt owner can damage credit file further, other than getting a CCJ.

The problem for your Brother is the payments through Stepchange as that will obviously affect the debt in regard to stature baring under limitations.I would suggest looking back through statements or contacting Stepchange to find out last date a payment was made to Santander or Moorcroft or abyone else for this debt. That is the next step.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Genie9373

I've just had a debt from barclays passed to Moorcroft "to collect on their behalf".   My default dropped off my file last month.  what Unclebulgaria67 says is correct in that the debt can't be put back on your credit file.

I'll be following this thread with interest.  I wish your brother good luck.

• Like 1

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Moorcroft don't hold any data 

they don't even buy debts themselves

they are simply chasers and can always just like wetcloths sorry wescot be totally ignored.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all that’s great, thank you very much for the info... so :

1. stepchange details and last date (which could be 2017 though ) 

2. It’s on hold with moorcroft until the 3rd August, what’s best to do or say to them pls in this instance ? weve been saying we know there’s a debt however the figures do not add up, the default sum is £8800 and the amount they are asking is £10,499 we asked for how it got to that they have only sent a payment summary, credit agreement and (possibly not in the right format) default notice 

3. So do not put in a sar to either of them ? 

Many thanks again 

Amanda 

Your Brother can safely ignore Moorcroft and then see what Santander do with the debt. It is important to keep Santander advised of his up to date address, so your Brother receives all correspondence.

If you really wanted to understand the real debt amount, then send an SAR to Santander. Ask for copies of all records up to date, including any documents issued including statements of account and any default notices issued.

BUT if the last payments were made through Stepchange, they should have information of the debt amount after the last payment was made.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread