BankFodder BankFodder

Coos

Registering my Direct Bike with DVLA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 199 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I’ve recently purchased a Direct Bike from the original purchaser.

It was unregistered when bought by myself and I thought it would be fairly straight forward to do so....how wrong I was.

The DVLA are wanting proof of  ‘date of manufacture’ ,  other than the date on the ‘Certificate of Conformity’ I don’t have.

Direct Bikes have recently said they don’t deal with road vehicles anymore only off road...would anyone have any advice on what I can do here please?!

Any help would be very much appreciated 

Edited by Coos

55 minutes ago, Coos said:

Direct Bikes have recently said they don’t deal with road vehicles anymore only off road...

Look at their website, that is clearly not true. Their entire range is sold for normal road use...

https://www.directbikes.co.uk/

This what their website FAQs say about registration. The person you bought it from should have received a registration pack, according to this. Have you asked them about it?

How do I register my motorbike?
All our motorbikes are handily supplied, separately by post, a registration pack. Simply follow the instructions and submit to the DVLA (registration costs £55).
Why do we not supply our motorbikes registered?
By registering the motorbike before the motorbike is sold makes the motorbike second hand, you become the second owner. This significantly reduces the value of your motorbike. We only sell new motorbikes where you are the first owner.
How do I get my number plate number?
You will receive your licence plate number and log book once registration is complete.
Edited by Ethel Street
  • Like 1