VCS ANPR PCN Claimform - overstay - St Marys Gate Retail Park sheffield

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I disagree and the IPC and BPA CoP's state that the parking co must have all of the permissions in place and the POFA requires all companies to abide by their ATA CoP.

Now a big problem is most councils dont care about breaches of the 2007 Act wheh it comes to advertising signs and there is nothing they can do as far as punishing the wrongdoer goes but they can and will enforce if you can show then where things are wrong.

Nottingham, E sussex and  N Norfolk have all come down on parking co's flouting the law when it has been pointed out to them.

I'm sure there are others as well but the thing is, like with a lack of keeper liability you want to have more than this to arm yourself as most judges wont know and so believe the parking co when they lie to the court.

Also some judges will look at INTENT rather than the law hence someone getting clobbered for parking in Manchester when there were no signs let alone proper ones with permission.

Now you need to take the fight to them on these issues and as you have requested sight of their contracts, permissions etc

you make the point about the lack of authority and force them to show what they have by making a meal of it in your WS, where you drag up all of these points to at least leave a doubt in the mind of the judge about the reliability fo VCS as a witness and that may well win you the day rather than any individual point being the killer argument

• Like 1

Is there any harm in me mentioning the planning permission issue in my defence even if in a case where it wouldn't help?

Need to get this dealt with today, as I'm tempted to submit what I wrote in the previous message (with typos corrected)

you use every bit of ammunition you can

so yes you use it and you also copy out the 2007 Act and add that to your bundle as well so you can show the judge that their signage and cameras (1995 act if on poles rather than attached to building ) do need PP and are not deemed consent or permitted development.

They will argue that deemed consent under s 2 applies but it doesnt as that is for "informational" signage like bus stops and railway station name signs. They are ADVERTISING a unilateral offer of a contract, not telling you about fire exits.

Worth using this sort of comparison as well.

so you say there is no evidence of then having the permission rather than going on about the weak unclear responses from the council- keep it short and simple

So I'm going to submit the following to MCOL unless anyone raises any objections

The Claimant has failed to show, upon request under CPR 31.14, any 
authority or agency to enter into contracts with the public by way 
of an assignment from the proprietor to do the same and to make 
civil claims in their own name. The Defendant contends that the 
Claimant has no authority or agency to do such therefore there can 
be no claim.

evidence of planning permission for installation of cameras and 
signage under the Town and Country Planning Act 2007. The 
Defendant contends that such permission was never sought nor 
granted therefore there can be no claim. 

14 minutes ago, andythepandy93 said:

So I'm going to submit the following to MCOL unless anyone raises any objections

authority or agency to enter into contracts with the public by way 
of an assignment from the proprietor to do the same and to make 
civil claims in their own name. The Defendant contends that the 
Claimant has no authority or agency to do such therefore there can 
be no claim.

evidence of planning permission for installation of cameras and 
signage under the Town and Country Planning Act 2007. The 
Defendant contends that such permission was never sought nor 
granted therefore there can be no claim. 

yes good to go..

less is more 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A bits gone from before?

Parking was limited to 1 hrs, but who can change that when i bet the org planning by the council said otherwise typically 3 hrs?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The OP has now submitted their defence after taking advice on another parking forum, they have looked at defences which have been done by a legally qualified poster (CILEX registered,and a law degree and well known and respected in the "parking industry) after being advised that the defence they suggested posting on its own was told it was a loosing defence.

Lets hope they end up winning their case.

Edited by Browntrout

Is the OP not able to confirm this ?  How do you know what the OP has done without it being posted to the thread Browntrout ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Okay ...thanks for the clarification

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If they want to waste time and money challenging thsi before an alloction for a hearing expect a CMO ordering you to put in a more detailed defence. For reasons of cost they wont be doing that though ut they may well ask for it to be struck out as part of their WS and as you will be filling it in with whipped cream and strawberries so it is nice and fat that wont wash.

• 3 months later...

not surprising as you went elsewhere and ignored us without an update for 4 months

only got yourself to blame .  or more correctly certain people there

a valuable lesson to learn for future readers...

and they

Can you tell us what happened in court please?

I lost.

I'm not wasting any more time on this - it has sucked up so much of my time since 2015.

My advice to those in the future thinking of challenging is to take what some people say on these forums with a pinch of salt, and just consider paying - when you look at the hours you will spend researching and preparing, £100 seems like NOTHING. Just some fair advice from someone who has gone through the process.

Thanks for the all the good input that was given, I appreciate your time.

no I don't like seeing people had.

dx

and they