Vodafone not accepting a complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After 20 years of being a pay monthly contract holder with Vodafone I was disconnected on Thursday, and after the usual 3x1 hour calls being passed from pillar to post and not being allowed to speak to a manager(yet their agent keeping me on hold to talk to one🙄) they admitted it was there fault but as my account was no on a pay as you go they would send out a new sim and I WILL revive it the next day and they will load up my pay as you go account!

i haven’t been able to text etc since the sim didn’t arrive, so I’ve just spent another 1/2 hour trying to complain and basically being put off and transferred, I made a huge mistake of  saying I was in a hurry and couldn’t spend hours on the phone!!!

After being passed around again, being put on hold and being asked the same questions I said “I am only ringing today to make a complaint” she then said that she was trying to help and would I like a new contract?😡😡😡😡😡

I stated very clearly “are you telling me as you are a Vodafone agent that you are not willingly by to let me make a complaint?” She replied clearly Yes that’s correct, so I said I will have to go to the ombudsman and we ended the call.

I'm amazed how far Vodafone have fallen and how disingenuous they are to customers they really need a new strategy of customer care.

currently I’m stuck with a pay as you go that doesn’t text and I run 2 businesses and I’m in politics so need access to my phone 24/7 I guess I have to write a complaint to Vodafone and wait 8 weeks???

Unless someone has better advice?

thanks in advance 😘

I'm afraid that Vodafone is renowned for poor customer service. They are the most complained about mobile phone service provider and have received several large fines from the regulator.

On a side issue, if you are on pay as you go then it means that you are not in a contract and you should phone them up and get your PAC codes and move over to GiffGaff.  I'll bet you that once you start asking for your PAC codes you will find that the level of service will change.

Complaining to the regulator will be useless and simply time-consuming. It sounds to me as if you have some credit left on your pay-as-you-go Sim card. How much is it? I'm afraid that you're probably going to be in a position where it is scarcely worth pursuing.

Do you record your calls?

54 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

I'm afraid that Vodafone is renowned for poor customer service. They are the most complained about mobile phone service provider and have received several large fines from the regulator.

On a side issue, if you are on pay as you go then it means that you are not in a contract and you should phone them up and get your PAC codes and move over to GiffGaff.  I'll bet you that once you start asking for your PAC codes you will find that the level of service will change.

Complaining to the regulator will be useless and simply time-consuming. It sounds to me as if you have some credit left on your pay-as-you-go Sim card. How much is it? I'm afraid that you're probably going to be in a position where it is scarcely worth pursuing.

Do you record your calls?

Thats the point I’m not on pay as you go, I’m in a sim only contract they just made a mistake and cancelled my contract and moved me onto a pay as you go contract 🙄

they've acknowledged it’s their problem but I just can’t get them to put me back and offer me a “NEW” 12 month contract or a new number????

i can’t believe this and they just keep saying they will look into it while I have no phone  

Well in terms of your short-term problem – no phone – if your phone is unlocked to any network then I would suggest that you get a GiffGaff Sim card and at least you then have a phone service on a monthly basis.

Do I gather that you want to stay with Vodafone? If you do then I'm afraid the quickest way will be to threaten and then to bring a legal action. It could potentially take up to 6 months although they might wake up once they are served with the papers and restore your service. How much longer had your Sim only contract to go?

If you are happy to move away from Vodafone then maybe the best thing to do is simply get your PAC code and move – once again to GiffGaff to begin with.

I understand what has happened to you now but I don't understand what solution you want

They now have a dedicated team for this stuff

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints

Call them... They should beable to help... Then follow BF's legal action if they dont play ball...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis