BankFodder BankFodder

candiceaton

Necessary to give status?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 189 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I went for a smear test. I got result by text. The sexual health clinic to which I last went has closed down. However all the staff have gone to a new building.It is within my own gp surgery, a large aircraft hangar... Imagine my surprise when I was asked to register and provide many details.(which they already have. ) My first question would be what has happened to my sexual health  medical records? My second question is that they claim to be totally independent from my doctors practise yet my doctor keeps sending the letter to go for a smear...thirdly they wanted to know what my job was and if i was on benefits then which benefit do I get. What is the relevance of them needing to know your status? 

I can answer one of your questions, your GP surgery receives electronic notification of when you’re due your smear and generates the letter. It’s done through a system that communicates between the local health board/PCT and the practice. On a regular basis one of the practice team, in my experience it was one of the administrative staff, will log in to retrieve the notifications (not just for smears but for lots of different cyclical tests/interventions such as vaccinations) and will generate the letters. 

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

There is no relevance to the latter bits, it is just goverment collecting any data it can for any purpose they may wish to put it to.

I get the hump when people fill out the bit on any form about ethnicity/religion/sexual orientation as I refuse to do so. My in-laws filled out a form on that and ended up in Buchenwald and the world hasnt chaged that much for the better

Edited by ericsbrother

On 13/07/2019 at 10:39, think about it said:

I can answer one of your questions, your GP surgery receives electronic notification of when you’re due your smear and generates the letter. It’s done through a system that communicates between the local health board/PCT and the practice. On a regular basis one of the practice team, in my experience it was one of the administrative staff, will log in to retrieve the notifications (not just for smears but for lots of different cyclical tests/interventions such as vaccinations) and will generate the letters. 

Ah thank you. But wouldnt the data have to be inputted in the first place by a human being, which suggests liaison between the services..ie the sexual health people and your own doctor...