• Tweets

• Hello again   So just a brief update.   A month ago I cancelled all bank direct debits and debit cards on file with paypal and explicitly stated to my bank Nationwide over the phone to ensure they block PayPal from making any deductions or payment requests. I since got a new debit card and have not logged into paypal since.   Randomly I received an email from paypal yesterday stating that I made a payment of £1.00 to ebay. I couldn't understand how this could have happened if paypal don't have any payment details of mine. I logged into my bank app to confirm and saw a £1.00 ebay paypal fee. I logged into my paypal account and went into the payment section and to my disbelief they had my new debit card on file. I immediately rang up nationwide and asked how this could have happened and they said the following:   That it is not unusual for companies like paypal to contact Visa and request new debit details if the one they have on file has become unuseable or has been cancelled etc.    I said that this surely must be illegal and asked them why the transaction wasnt blocked in the first instance like I requested. They told me when it comes to visa it is out of their control. I obvioulsy lost it with them and threatened to close my account in which they put me on hold, then came back and said they have put a block on paypal and asked visa to refuse requests for debit card details in future. I have since cancelled my debit card and requested a new one.   Paypal have clearly made an attempt to get access to my bank account/debit card by means without my knowledge or consent. They also seemed to have tested whether the card works with a £1.00 sellers transaction fee which I dont know what its for. Luckily they have not been able to deduct the £925 but obvioulsy could have done if I hadnt noticed the fact they got my new details.   What should I do now regarding this? So far only the financial ombudsman seem to be willing to pursue and help me with the original claim wih PayPal but I feel this is something additional that requires investigation.   any of your thoughts are welcome.   Thanks
    • It all depends from who your manager is and what company you work for. In my workplace (very large multinational) the super peetakers are the most respected. The rule seems to be that if you tell everyone challenging you that they are victimising you and then you do whatever you want, you get rewarded. So I joined this movement a long time ago but with a slight difference that I finish my work to requirement, no more, no less. Just because I like the job, not because I feel I must please them.
    • The County Court doc was dated 2nd Sept so served + 5 = 6th Sept 28 Days from then = 3rd Oct. 
    • Thanks. I’ll put a date in my diary to enter my defense.  I’ll paste the points that you list. 
    • Just back from a short holiday, so back on the case! I have now written to the landowner, the site agent, (both re the contract with VCS), Tescos HQ and Tescos local manager complaining bitterly, without any response from anyone to date. No I'm not unduly surprised. However, my daughter's MP (Lee Rowley) has been extremely supportive and willing to help as a mediator, but has no legal expertise. He has updated me on Parliament's Q and A situation re the 2019 Act and Code of Practice, but the answers are the usual waffle and so I've asked him to champion the cause & demand progress. I explained there could be no mediation as we don't believe VCS has any entitlement. No news of a court date yet.   
  • Our picks

pumbles

OH's Lowell PAP LOC re Vanquis debt - she's very very ill - can i deal for her??

yep and several posts here ref such inc court claims whereby the creditor took months if not year to default a debt, thus in all effect running the sb date to infinity by such actions.

pers id ignore them.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

also worthy to note, next time ensure you remove all qr code and barcode boxes as well as numbers around the edge

and the complete card number too.

all those can be used by the NME to ID your wife from that scan.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Posted (edited)

May 2013 (at the latest!) to March 2014 is unreasonably long.

Their client’s commercial decision may factor in that, if you complain to the FOS

a) the complaint is unlikely to be rejected ‘on initial screening’, so

b) I suspect a carefully phrased complaint would be upheld, but whatever the outcome, it’ll cost them more than they are claiming .....

I’m not suggesting pointing this out, so it doesn’t look like ‘blackmail’, but hopefully they’ll “do the maths”!

Edited by BazzaS

I'm afraid that you need to assume that it's the default date plus 14 days.

See my reply on post 8 about her being a vulnerable person, why haven't you done that? this could all be over by now.

Posted (edited)

But that allows an “end run” around any statute bar : just don’t issue the DN until you want to issue the court claim.

If they try that, ask for the claim to be stayed while the FOS rules on what the date of default notice SHOULD have been, and instructs the claimant to amend it .....

Edited by BazzaS

@pumbles  Have you done as I suggested in post 8.  There is a high chance that this could put an end to this for you, very rapidly.