VCS ANPR 2015 PCN claimform - Berkeley Centre Sheffield S11 8PN ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am trying to help my daughter who has a 19month old baby and is a working Mum with no time to do the research.

She has received a County Court Notification re overstaying the 2 hour maximum at the Berkeley Centre retail park in Sheffield S11 8PN. There was a similar case filed by John7n in May 2018.  However my daughter's claim dates back to August 2015.

I understand that in November 2015, the Supreme Court ruled in the Beavis case that firms could impose a charge for overstaying and was wondering whether this ruling applies retrospectively. Back in 2015, the general advice was to ignore such claims as they were unenforceable, but VCS has been pursuing her ever since, so we are now preparing an appeal  an appeal.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Is it possible to scan the county court letter to a pdf file [please redact all personal information] and show us what they're saying please? It will help us to advise you and your daughter.

To scan to a pdf file, you can read our upload guide.

Does this really date back to 2015?

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

hi 

I suspect you mean she has received a N1 claimform pack in a brown envelope from northants bulk

if so 

can you please complete this:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes it is a N1 claim form pack and at the moment, I am unable to upload it in pdf format so it is not being accepted by your site.

I confirm it dates back to 2015 which makes it very difficult to provide any evidence to support an appeal.

Would you advise writing to VCS to request a copy of the contract with the landowner that was in existence in 2015?

The parking arrangements at the Berkeley Centre changed in 2018, so the signage will have changed and possibly the terms of the contract with the landowner. 

we don't need the PDF

we know what a claimform looks like.

just complete that link I sent you above please

has she got ANY paperwork from 2015 or ignored and disposed of the lot?

there are numerous historic threads here with Berkeley Centre stuff so shouldn't be a problem to buff this away.

don't do anything else till we advise please 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS ANPR 2015 PCN claimform - Berkeley Centre
  •  
Name of the Claimant ?  Vehicle Control Services  

Date of issue –  25 June 2019

What is the claim for – 

1.The Claim is for a breach of contract for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land.

2.The Defendant's vehicle (reg number) was identified in the Berkeley Centre on the 12/08/2015

in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely parked for longer than maximum period permitted.

3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver.

4.The terms and conditions upon entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations.

The sign was the offer , and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct.

The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,

namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability.

5.The Claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.

What is the value of the claim?  £185 in total (£160 + £25 court fee - no charge for legal representative's costs)

Has the claim been issued by the Private parking Company or was the PCN assigned and it is the Debt purchaser VCS

My daughter does still have the previous correspondence sent to various addresses.

She did not respond as the general advice was that this would confirm her personal data and potentially liability.

The documents sent include a photograph of her vehicle showing number plate and there was a grainy photo of the driver, which was totally unclear.

She overstayed by 17 minutes, entering at 6.56p.m. (still rush hour time) and leaving at 9.13p.m. (also a busy time for social traffic on this very busy road) so that exit time could have been prolonged. Tesco Express is one of the shops she used in the Centre and I understand they are usually lenient with first time offenders. 

My initial question was whether the courts acknowledge the right to charge for overstaying in cases that predate the Beavis case Supreme Court ruling of November 2015.

Also it would be helpful to know what rights the 2015 contract with the landowner gave VCS to charge for overstaying.

Any advice re how to proceed with the preparation of the POPLA appeal would be gratefully received.

She advised 2 days ago that she intends to appeal the entire claim, so I understand only 12 days remain.

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
 register as an individual
 note the long gateway number given
 then log in
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked.
 click thru to the end
 confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]

no need to sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

please get and scan up all the paperwork she has bar the N1

and scan it to ONE multipage pdf

read upload

and they

4 hours ago, anniebattlemum said:

Any advice re how to proceed with the preparation of the POPLA appeal would be gratefully received.

She advised 2 days ago that she intends to appeal the entire claim, so I understand only 12 days remain.

The time for any appeals is long gone - she's being taken to court now by VCS.

Not that not appealing changes much, the PPCs always reject appeals and POPLA almost always (just done a little search and see that VCS aren't in the trade association that uses POPLA anyway).

DX above has set out how to start defending the claim and how to demand to see contacts etc. from VCS.  Your daughter needs to do this ASAP.

VCS may well drop the claim when they see a robust defence, in any case your comments about rush hour are very positive and will be one string to a excellent bow if it does go to a court hearing.

Edited by FTMDave
  • Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Money Claim registration was easy,

when I try to respond to the claim with the claim number and password,

which I have done repeatedly over several hours,

I'm told that the claim number or password is incorrect.

Has anyone ever come across this problem?

I can't believe there would be a mistake on the N1 form!

its often down at w/ends

not a problem your got till day 19 to AOS

did you send the CPR off?

and they

Not yet.

I've wasted hours trying to sort out the problem with the moneyclaim website & trying to find their contact details to get it resolved!

Will get the CPR off tomorrow & mail first class Monday.

No solicitor mentioned so will go straight to VCS.

Thank you so much for keeping me right and keeping on top of it.

Much appreciated. 

should have come here sooner then.

it doesnt hurt you its down.

try Monday.

and they

OK CPR letter ready to go.

Is there a case number that would be assigned if I could get into the MCOL website?

For the heading, I have just used the claim number on top of the N1.

Is that acceptable? I

will now scan the previous documents she has and try to get them into pdf format.

I'm afraid the AOS was sent off by my daughter by mail a few days ago.

Does that restrict our timeline for submitting the defence?

claim no is ok for CPR

you should still be able to reg'd on mcol Monday and do AOS

wont hurt the paper copy has gone off. 

and they

Thank you FTMDave for your encouragement. I know these people try to operate by fear and scare people into paying up - fair enough if it was a small reasonable sum, but this is an outrageous amount for a small, first time non compliance. This is why I am ready to fight it. 

Would it be a good idea to send the CPR letter by recorded delivery/signed for, so that they can't argue they never received it?

I know the experts here recommend sending normal 1st class - but get a free Certificate of Posting from the Post Office.  After that by law the letter is deemed delivered in 48 hours.

Some of the worst PPCs have been known to refuse to sign for recorded delivery mail.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

dont waste money they wont respond anyway

and they

get reading up on parking prankster site

read as many pcn claimform threads here as you can

the more you read the stronger we become

use the custom google search box

after hitting our top squares logo

pcn claimform

and they

1 hour ago, FTMDave said:

I know the experts here recommend sending normal 1st class - but get a free Certificate of Posting from the Post Office.  After that by law the letter is deemed delivered in 48 hours.

Some of the worst PPCs have been known to refuse to sign for recorded delivery mail.

Unless you really can't afford it do what my employer does, it sends one copy of the letter ordinary 1st Class with a Certificate of Posting and another by 'Signed for' post. It's a 'belt and braces' approach but minimises the opportunity for the recipient to claim they never received it for very little cost. (My employer does it for HR stuff but the principle is no different for PPCs.)

Letters sent both ways as Ethel suggested.

Still having problems uploading previous letters as attachments too big, probably because they're not the original word documents but photos of them.

Working on that, but they are:

1) Demand for £60 within 14 days of 12/8/15 with grainy photos of car showing reg. number

2) Demand for £100 as too late to appeal

3)Demand for £130 from debt collectors £30 is for their admin) dated 19/11/15

4) Reminder for £130 from debt collectors dated 3/12/15

5) Demand for £154 from lawyers (they've added legal costs) dated 5/5/16 (they say there was a letter dated 1/3/16 but don't have this)

6) Demand for £231.33 from VCS dated 24/4/19 (includes debt collection fee of £60) but the PCN says they want to recover £160

Do we have only 14 days to submit the defence from the day the AOS was filed?

Will go to Sheffield tomorrow, get originals and try again.

Is it worth going through the archives at Sheffield Council Planning Department, to ensure permission was obtained for the sign?

Will it tell me anything about what was on the sign or just the dimensions and location? 

neither of those are important 

they cant use that to id a driver think about it

it was the date it was issued and the date of the 'offence' we are interested in 

they must be within 14 days 

did you do AOS and CPR yet?

and they