VCS ANPR 2015 PCN claimform - Berkeley Centre Sheffield S11 8PN ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Haha well it's a step in the right direction - let him keep running. I was wondering what would happen if it was adjourned until August and the 6 year period ran out? Maybe the rules would be waived in the present circumstances. You never know, the statutory Code of Practice might appear around that time and then I'm sure he'll be running!

I did get a message from Bankfodder thank you and tell him you're all absolutely worth it. It wasn't about the money for me - it was about fighting injustice and playing fair - so that's why I want to support you in your endeavours. 

Edited by BankFodder
No personal info on the forum please

Absolutely brilliant. Yes I think that defence killed his pig for him, 7 minutes, 3 minutes less than minimum grace, he didn't want to lose and cough up costs etc.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

for want of clarity

the SB clock stops upon issuance of the claimform.

he has now discontinued, that means the SB clock never stopped = statute barred

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Andyorch changed the title to VCS ANPR 2015 PCN claimform - Berkeley Centre Sheffield S11 8PN ***Claim Discontinued***

Brilliant news!  You & your daughter v run-away Simon.  The result was never in doubt!  👏

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

What good news-I am so pleased for you and your daughter. I suspect that your defence probably made them realise they had little chance of success. Simon does not do goodwill. Not sure about SB though since it should not expire until 2021 should it not?

Have you confirmed with the Court that it has been discontinued?

correct sorry speculative invoice issued 12/08/2015

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No I have to say we haven't contacted the court again since we submitted our letter requesting adjournment as they said they'd respond within 5 days. The letter from the Paralegal representing VCS indicated they had sent a copy to the court and enclosed was  an official looking Notice of Discontinance, both of which were signed by her. We accepted that as certified confirmation of dismissal. 

Thanks everyone for sharing the outcome. x

Just phone the court to be doubly sure, and tell them VCS has sent a letter, he has been known to renage on a discontinuance.

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Mr Simon Robert Renshaw-Smith – I wonder if his neighbours know what he does for a living

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02498820

Haha brilliant! Yes I had printouts from Companies House ready to challenge the Claimant's statement that they were still operating the car park and therefore had a running contract - it's been operated by Excel since 2018!! Not VCS. 
I noticed he also owns ANPR International so he makes full use of their technology. 

I don't think he has any neighbours - he lives in a mansion in a secluded part of Derbyshire on the proceeds of his bullying tactics. 

I'm a bit perturbed about reneging on a discontinuance though. What was sent was a copy of a Notice to the Court, so if he reneged on that, I would sue bigtime!! It's not possible to get through on the phone to the local court but we can whack off another email just to confirm. 

Your comprehensive  WS and rebuttal of his rubbish POC and WS made him wet himself and bail as ericsbrother says, he has lost enough No Stopping where ByeLaws are in force cases, for him to not want to lose any more that are defended. 

Must be some GDPR breach in there by conflating VCS and Excel, would be nice for him to get clobbered and the bailiffs fetch up to evict him from that mansion to pay the fines from Data Commissioner.  Well we can dream.  Feel like borrowing a mates Mobility Scooter and ride it up the LJA Access road stop and look at the no stopping  signs, see if the spycar guy comes after me.

going off topic with that last thought, arent airports areas covered under the Prevention of Terrorism Act that under S43 gives the police powers to seize the cameras of these people.

Do you know any police officer or serving soldier who might play along when next going abroad?

Yes, but Simple Simon might claim his SpyCar is exempt as it is being used to help prevent terrorism as that pesky car stopping might contain a myopic 102 year old intent on destroying his sign.

Going to upload the extra points I was going to make into bullet points to use for cross examination at the hearing. Just my notes but based on the Claimant's statement, and VCS seem to use the same statement and the same evidence for all similar cases, so it might be helpful to others. I've seen other Defendants stressing on the site that they work long hours, long shifts, have young families and don't have time to do the research needed to respond adequately. Fortunately I was able to redirect my time somewhat, so I'm happy for anyone to use my material if it's any help.

Still chuckling over the brassnecked plot above!

EXTRA POINTS ON CLAIMANT STATEMENT.pdf

• Thanks 1

I should have added that when I first received their statement, I was a bit taken aback at the detail, and it was only when I started pulling each paragraph to pieces, that I discovered all the errors and loopholes, so that's why I recommend slicing it up one paragraph at a time, and not panicking. 

• Like 2

Agree with HB, you would be a really good asset you made that case as well if not better than many a paralegal 😺

"Just my notes but based on the Claimant's statement, and VCS seem to use the same statement and the same evidence for all similar cases"

Thats why we refer to such claims as RoboClaims.they chuck 'em in to Northampton like confetti at a wedding and hope peoplecough up rather than defend.  When someone does like you put in a robust defence they are snookered, and its better to drop the claim than have DJ's see too many similar POC's and cases from fleecers tested in court.

• Like 1

If Simple Simon saw the extra points he might have a Porterhouse Blue, or a Dickensian apoplectic fit.

Hahaha! You're all such lovely people that I have to stick around - I'd miss you too much otherwise! So yes EmmaTPockets - you're already adopted - virtually. However, any praise is totally unjustified, much as it's always nice to get some encouragement - but you guys deserve all the credit - I just followed your instructions and read, read, read. The printer worked overtime and I got through a few ink cartridges and amassed a vast quantity of information, but we got to this point together.

This brings me to mention that, at the beginning of time, when we first received the notification of court  proceedings, my daughter was terrified and didn't know what to do. I advised her to consult the CAB who simply referred her to the MSE website. I'm not at all sure how she came across your site, which she then forwarded to me and I'm glad she did, but I do hope that you have enough links out there to make sure that others can easily get to the CAG forum. 

I do also think that it helps to keep things in perspective when you retain a healthy sense of humour as you do - it lightens the load a bit when faced with issues that can seem scary and overwhelming - my bit of feedback!! Well done to you all. You've kept me laughing through this drama. I do hope that the poor Paralegal representing Simon realises what a sad environment she's working in, and quits while the going's good, to get some proper professional experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is how I started, I looked for advice on  parking for someone else knowing that it fell under contract law from my A level days and soon realised that there was a fairly sizeable problem with the industry. This was well before the POFA and clampers and towers were running amok as well as the ANPR devices not recognising 2 visits to a supermarket being separate events.

I have stayed here ever since.

I am merely a pilgrim following the masters and will follow them each day a little further

• Like 2

Ericsbrother's letters might soon have legal standing with DJs  with a dark sense of humour before long when a PPC has a RoboClaim using same POC in a hopeless case  if they continue with it.  Simple Simon needs to get a grip before a DJ grabs him figuratively by the throat and doesn't let him go to buy the toothbrush he forgot to bring.

You're too modest Eric's Brother - they're very lucky to have you on site. I hope you get interviewed by the Consultative Committee preparing the statutory Code of Practice. You could tell them a thing or two. I predict, one way or another, the PPC's are heading for a downfall and the current stay at home government policy won't exactly help their cause - I doubt they're equipped to redirect their energies into manufacturing ventilators like Dyson and some other more noble outfits. Unless of course there's some hidden technology in ANPR cameras that the government could confiscate and utilise!! Stay safe everyone.