BankFodder BankFodder

bitemarx

No Claims Discount History

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 183 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently cancelled my insurance with Hastings, and they have sent me a proof of NCD. However, it has 4 years on it, whereas I'm certain I had 6 years of last year when I had applied! 

Is there a way I can track down my NCD history?

I need to dispute this with Hastings as soon as possible!

They usually send an email or letter a month before renewal, your ncd will be there.

Can you track this communication down?

P.S.: if you decide to call them on the phone, record the call! 

Read the full customer service guide 

If you had a claim, it might have reduced NCD by 2 years. Otherwise you need to contact Hastings customer services and find out why it is not stating years you have been claim free.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

different insurers have different maximum NCD entitlements so it wont matter if you have 20 years claims free the most the insurer will put on the form is maybe 8 or 5 years depending on their discount structure. i suspect that you have "lost" a year in this way.

It is a problem when you switch insurers to get the best deal as they seem to be awkward on purpose because they know that loyalty doesnt pay unless you can be bullied into staying with them

Many thanks for your replies, everyone!

I've called HASTINGS DIRECT to correct the error, and found this: They have entered a claim against my policy without informing me!

Last year August, I had an incident where I was driving my wife's car and a young chap on a moped drove into the front bumper. His fault, not mine. He had no insurance and no driver's license. HASTINGS contacted me about this when the other driver tried to get compensation for repairs to his moped. I denied liability, and clearly stated that I do not want to claim since I fixed my wife's car bumper myself. Despite this, they have entered in their notes that I accepted liability in October 2018, and therefore a claim has been entered. 

Interestingly, there is NO paper trail or emails or any way that they have informed me that this claim was entered against my policy in order to pay off his damages!

I asked the agent for a recording of the call where I have accepted liability and he just repeated that it's noted in my account. VERY frustrating!

I have put in a complaint, and they have responded with an email.

Can anyone advice me on what my options are in this case, please?

Questions in my mind:

1. Should they not have informed that they are entering a claim, and if so, should they not inform me about the outcome?

2. If they have made it a claim, why has my NCD gone down from 7 years (july 2018 when i took out the insurance policy with HASTINGS DIRECT) to 4 years on cancellation?

Thank you for any replies.

Finally heard from Hastings Direct. Attaching the email they;ve sent, in case anyone on here with similar issues can learn anything from it.

Apparently this:

In circumstances where it is considered appropriate your insurer will be entitled to admit liability, for the costs covered under this policy, on behalf of you or any person claiming indemnity under the policy. Such admissions may be made prior to or after the commencement of proceedings in relation to any event likely to give rise to a claim under the policy.'

FFS! This means they can just go ahead and do whatever they want whenever they deem it "appropriate".

As much as their offer of a measly £70 is tempting (not!), is it worth pursuing this with the ombudsman?

Hastings Direct Complaint reply email.docx

Edited by bitemarx