if i got an English Council PCN whilst there but i live in NI - do i have to pay it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question. I cant seem to find the answer.  

In September im going to visit family in england, i live in northern ireland. The place we are staying has a coucil enforced road for permits or tickets. 

Now im getting a permit  but im just wondering  should a warden ticket me for whatever reason with me living in NI how does that effect it. For example i get a ticket and return back to NI how wud that enforce it . 

Cheers 

How would they enforce it though is my point. Bailiffs don't operate here so they couldn't send them. Also theres no PoFA here. 

I don't plan on getting a ticket lol just was interested to know what could be done should  I get one. 

Edited by Wisey

CCJ for a council PCN?

PoFa for council PCN?

where are you getting the dross from?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no it doesn't as the council issue the PCN, nothing to do with private parking protection of freedom act and your DVLA details requests they use.

as for if you have to pay an English PCN in NI ..I cant find any answers..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to if i got an English Council PCN whilst there but i live in NI - do i have to pay it?

I believe you are still liable. If they can't instruct bailiffs (which would surprise me) then they do have a problem enforcing. They might seek an attachment of earnings, although again there could be different rules. It would be amazing if there's no means of enforcement at all.

What if an NI authority had issued it? What happens in those cases? There must be some way of enforcing?

My car is on finance will that matter.  Also not working at the moment was made redundant start of year. So cant do attachment of earnings. 

Jamberson, as far as im aware bailifs do not operate in NI.

Edited by Wisey

If the car is on finance, you don't own it and they can't clamp it. You should keep paperwork to hand, proving this, so if they did show up with a clamp or tow-truck, you can show them.

If it's true there are no baliffs and no earnings, I don't know what their process will be. As I said above, they must have one. Maybe do some googling!

• 2 weeks later...

there is a department called the EJO who execute the orders of the courts so they have the powers to interview you ( to ascertain your financial situation) and if you refuse you can be arrested. They dont have the powers to seize goods or force entry though. Their costs are still added to your bill but the creditor has to pay them upfront