BankFodder BankFodder

PurpleCat07

ANPR PCN - overstay - The Berkeley Centre, Sheffield.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 208 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My Dad opened a letter today which was a PCN.

The question is it says Final Reminder, and claims to have sent notices prior yet when we have looked through our mail neither me nor my parents can see any other PCN letter.

It says the initial notice was issued on the 30/05/19 and as he has not paid up then he is not entitled to an appeal.

This 'final' notice was issued 28th and should have arrived within 2 working days (which would have been Tues 2nd July) and my Mum says the letter arrived today.

Now I am aware that technically we cannot prove when the letter arrived, but surely the fact this is the first notice (yet they are calling it the 'final reminder) rather than a 2nd or 3rd must count for something.

My Dad is reluctant to pay, which I understand completely as it's a private company not the council.

But I am still concerned he will be dragged to court. 

Any advice would be very appreciated.

This is all to common an occurrence, the early letters that have to offer a discount and appeal dotn get delivered so the parking co gets to ask for the full £100 and doesnt have to consider your reasons for not needing to pay up.

Now as this is a well known trouble spot tell us what the keeper is accused of doing or not doing

It alleges he stayed 15 minutes over the time (1 hour). Now we cannot ascertain whether he did or didn't, as neither myself (who was with him at the time) or him can find anything that gives us an indication of where we were at the time in question. As this is a 'final reminder he is being asked to pay £100 rather than the lower rate (which I think is £60). 

OK read up an this place and you will find all sorts of problems with the parking mketers, signage etc. We need specifis so dats, times etc.

Date was 21st May, Time (according to the letter) was 16:41- 17:56. I've read all sorts about the place but I still have no clue whether it's legitimately enforceable or not as I cannot find out what time we left. 

well it will bhe 17.56 but did you pa to park there or was it 1 hr free parking? was the traffic bad that day? did you spend all of the time in a single outlet

Edited by ericsbrother

It's 1 hour free and traffic was pretty normal and not too built up.

please complete the anpr section :