Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Teletext took money but cannot supply accommodation requested

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 196 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

At around 17:00 this evening I booked a holiday for wife and 3 children and me.


I was on hold as all of the details were going through but received notification of booking via email as I had arranged.

The agent suggested he will ringback later which another agent did.

fast forward another 2 and a half hours but the next agent suggested that the hotel THEY booked for my family was not available how about another one.

I suggested no thanks (as we had our heart set on that one) my wife had researched area, ameneties etc.

The agent suggested that flights have been confirmed so we cannot get our money refunded. Is this correct?

I am awaiting a further callback, eating into my evening, doubtless waking my 3 insomniac under 10's.

Any advice from the great wisdom of this forum?

I eagerly await guidance.


I have had 3 phone calls since each time I have requested a refund I have been told flights are confirmed accommodation is unavailable.


When questioned can you supply the accommodation the response is no.


As they cannot supply the requested "package" surely they must refund. 


I am told not possible as the flights have been confirmed.


They have told me to wait 20 minutes (standard Indian call centre recall time methinks after the 4th promise ) and he will check availibility on any board basis, either side of the holiday dates.


I am still waiting 30 minutes later.


Any advice on recalling my money taken for a flight and hotel combination the organiser (or thier agents ) are unable to supply.


My wife is in tears, my children have never ( and at this rate are unlikely ever) travelled abroad before.


Pass the Merlot bottle and a straw.

Edited by cpRtech26

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

do a chargeback against your bank.

what they are saying is WRONG

ofcourse you can cancel 

and so should they honour it.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I wish


Contacted the bank as its pending we need to wait.


Finally after 5 different phone calls they have asked YET AGAIN would I take a different hotel?


When I suggested not the operator "Raull" stated call customer services in the morning, they will talk to you.


But you will not get refunded.


Anyone any ideas?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

how was the deal sold to you, as a package or were you asked to book a flight and then accommodation. Their offer to you is normally bundled but when they buy the holiday from the suppliers they have to make separate bookings for hotel, flights, resort transport etc so if they have booked the flight and then couldnt get the hotel promised they will still have to pay for the flight.

Not your problem but as their margins are so low they are bricking it and will do almost anything to get you to accept another place that can use the flight they have to pay for.

I agree that you force the bank to do a recharge and fight it out with them and when they phone again you just put the phone down on them.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...