Lowell Claimform - Old Provi Doorstep Loan

Lady Python
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Exactly as I thought.

I would have thought the Court, whichever one it might have been would have written with their judgement.

Not so much as a whisper.

Interestingly, I checked my credit rating today - and nothing on there about any CCJ.

Odd too that the only correspondence has come from Lowells unless something comes in from the Court in the next few days.

dx100uk. I don't have anything else with Provi or any other dealings with Lowells.

Now that sounds very fishy to me!

If you pay a CCJ within a calender month then it will be removed from your credit file anyway????

I'm thinking it stinks to high doh.

I have had no Court notifications of any kind and I would have thought I would have heard something from the Courts by now, but no, nada. Just Lowell's letter this morning.

I'm of the opinion to do nothing until such times as I hear from the Court

- or a CCJ appears on my credit rating.

I would take anything Lowells says with a big pinch of salt, hence I'm not overly worried.

In any case, even if there was a CCJ against me, at my age, the likelihood of applying for a mortgage is nil and if I want to buy something, I save up for it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ring northants bulklink3.gif and find out what's gone on

a CCJ doesn't appear for 28 days anyway until after judgement

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

did you ring the court back in march (post #96)

i meant #69 :)

give the court a ring this time, tomorrow. and then post back here with the info. :)

something is amiss!

The amount requested tallies with the claim form amount with costs...DQs were submitted in March 2017......Notice of Allocation gone adrift ? Notice of Judgment gone adrift ? seems strange two important documents have gone missing or never delivered.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

It is very strange indeed.

On the N180 I requested that the case be heard here, in my town.

If memory serves me correctly there was a date on it - 4th July (stuck out because that's the American Independence day) that if Lowells hadn't paid the fee by that day, I would not hear any more, but as I said, if memory serves me correct.

I have worked closely with legal some years ago with a job I did for our Council.

Nearly all Court cases were scheduled within 3 months and the judgements issued within 3 weeks.

I could understand perhaps not receiving a Summons or a Judgement but not both going missing.

I also know our postman is extremely reliable and if something needs a signature, if he can't get me or my son, he makes sure he leaves a postcard and if we see him in the street will ask if we got whatever it was.

We'll see what the next few days bring.

Something's very definitely not right here.

It says:

"As you will now be aware, on the 8.8.2017 a CCJ was entered against you. The Court has now odered that you must repay this debt as follows: Instalment Amount £1996.60. Frequency Monthly. First Payment Date 22.8.2017."

And if that statement turns out to be false, I would go after them and not only have them done for fraud, but have them stripped of their CCL too.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Have you rang Northampton ? ...waiting a few more days is pointless...if you intend to set a side then promptness is key

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

To ask if they do have judgment and why you have not received any Notice of Allocation or Notice of Judgment....only informed by the Claimant and not MCOL ?

Can't get an answer from Northampton. Tried both numbers unsuccessfully. Checked their opening times and noticed quite a few Google reviews - all bar one are bad with people having the same problem - the phone not being answered. Rings so many times then cuts off.

Re-read Lowlife's letter. Forgive me if I am wrong but I would have thought their letter would have stated which Court this "judgement" was given by, i.e. something like "Judgement was passed against you at (Whatever) County Court on whichever date". It doesn't. Just the date alleged judgement was supposedly made so I don't even know where this case was allegedly held.

Will try phoning Northampton again tomorrow.

default judgement by northants bulk

it was never assigned to a county court

800'000 issued every year

85% are never contested nor seen by the debtor as they failed to update their creditors of a change of address

northants will be busy today as its the first day back since the B/H.

try later in the week

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

did you send the N180 back to northants bulk court address and send a copy to lowells solicitors?

and they

Lowells have won this one by default - and it is my own blasted fault.

Looking through my letter rack, there I found a Notice of Allocation to our local Court.

It is as Lowells said but still no notification yet from the Court, which I would have thought there would be.

How on earth I could have been so careless I don't know except I've been under a lot of pressure and stress this year.

Still, no excuse for being stupid and careless with something so important.

What's more than likely happened is I looked briefly at the letter and stuck it in the rack to deal with later - and clean forgot about it.

Not sure what to do now as I just haven't got the guts of £2000 to pay them :sad:

I'm sorry for wasting all your time but thank you for trying very hard to help.

The amount requested tallies with the claim form amount with costs...DQs were submitted in March 2017......Notice of Allocation gone adrift ? Notice of Judgment gone adrift ? seems strange two important documents have gone missing or never delivered.

Andy

:roll:

Submit an N245 and vary it to monthly with an affordable payment rate.......Template is in the Legal Library..fee is £50 unless you are exempt.

• 1 year later...

Last posted about this in 2017.  All had gone quiet until a few months ago when Lowells started sending "you haven't paid" letters again.

They got a CCJ by default - I'm 100% to blame for that as per my original thread.

Letter arrived on Friday 28th June dated 27th June.  Looks like it's come from Northampton saying judgement was obtained against me in our local County Court.  That CCJ has never appeared on my credit score.

It is a Notice of Applicaton for Attachment of Earnings Order (N55) and it states that if I do not send the reply form I could be imprisoned for up to 14 days (I presume that would be for Contempt of Court).

I'm now long-term unemployed and at the age of 62 years and 7 months, being realistic unlikely to get a job especially as we have high unemployment here.

I have three small pensions to live on plus Universal Credit so not exactly well off.

What I would like to know, is there anything I can do about this now at this late stage, for example ask for judgement to be set aside (if possible)?

The amount claimed has now risen to £2,106.60.

I thought this matter had died a death - wrong (again).  Lowells are like a dog with a bone on this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Threads merged...please keep to one thread per issue.

So you never submitted the N245 as per my last post ?

Andy

If your unemployed...then state that on the N56 and return it.....and no you cant set it a side now,

23 hours ago, Andyorch said:

If your unemployed...then state that on the N56 and return it.....and no you cant set it a side now,

Thanks Andyorch.  Just wondered if I could but that answers that question.

N55 will have to be put back to the Court and will do that tomorrow and post via Recorded Delivery, plus keep a copy of everything for myself.

Did have one piece of correspondence from Provident a few months ago - would I like a loan?  Telling me I can borrow up to £X at only 575% APR!  You couldn't make it up.  What a bunch of chancers.

As for this loan, I had another loan and was having difficulty paying it but was persuaded to take out another loan to pay off the balance of the original loan (irresponsible lending?)  Naively, I thought I'd be able to get a job fairly quickly - wrong.  I did eventually about 3 years after my husband died but lost that when the company I worked for had financial difficulties.  My son kept our heads above water until his transplanted kidney failed.  He had another transplant last November and after a dodgy start, it's settled in now and he should, hopefully within the next few months be cleared to start work again.  He's hoping to go into nursing.

Is there anything else you can advise I do please?  I know it was my own fault I've ended up in this position but it goes against the grain to let Provident and Lowells get off with it.  Lowells for chasing what I'm sure was an SB debt and Provident's agent for not turning up again or Provident giving us a replacement agent.  If not, I'll just have to bite the bullet as they say.

I have already given the correct advice in post# 93 two years ago...but you didnt action.If you had you wouldn't have received the above and would have stopped any further attempts.

Next could be a Warrant of Control to seize goods and a visit from the Bailiffs...pushing the debt even higher.

3 hours ago, Andyorch said:

I have already given the correct advice in post# 93 two years ago...but you didnt action.If you had you wouldn't have received the above and would have stopped any further attempts.

Next could be a Warrant of Control to seize goods and a visit from the Bailiffs...pushing the debt even higher.

Yes, it was my own fault and I've put my hand up to that.  I'll just have to return the N55 and wait for the response.

I'll post when I get the result of that. In the meantime, thank you for your responses.