Jacobs Baillifs - PCN from Manchester City Council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This is my first post so please be kind. :)

I had a parking charge from Manchester City Council that ended up with Jacobs as they told me they had responded to me via email as a response to an appeal (No record of this).

I set up a payment plan in March and have been paying every month, on June 6th I received a text message from Jacobs to say I only had £22 remaining on my account, my pay date is 25th of the month, absolutely my fault this £22 was paid three days late - total of £178 paid.

The same day I made the £22 payment a bailiff turned up at my door requesting £250, I refused and closed the door.

I have complained to Manchester council, Jacobs and my MP is now involved to try and assist.

They have come back again today to state (over the phone) they will take my car that I own outright and need for work, no legal documents have been posted to inform us of this as of yet.

My question is can I transfer this car to my daughter as a present or would this not be legal?

I am hoping that once my complaints have been read and dealt with the situation with them will be easier, at the moment I am parking it away from home but I am conscious that they now use ANPR.

Please please help, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lexi 

Hello and welcome to CAG. I expert the bailiffs experts will be along later. I would certainly hold off transferring the car to your daughter, I don't know if it could exacerbate things or if it can be done quickly.

It might be a good idea to park your car well away from where you live for now. So you had a payment arrangement and didn't stick to it? This often causes problems.

What is the £250 for?

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks for your reply.

it was original for a bus lane ticket. The last payment was late by three days as they do not allow direct debits - now I know why.

I presume the £250 is the £22 (which was already paid that day) and a charge for the very rude bailiff attending my house. 

I have parked my vehicle quite far away from home as I read they were using ANPR

Thanks again 

so you would have had the initial NOE costing £75 giving you 7 days to set up repay

you did that but were late by a few days

so the additional £235 attendance fee has now been charged,

but 235+22 doesn't = £250?

no you cant transfer the car sadly.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On 01/07/2019 at 16:18, Lexii221 said:

I set up a payment plan in March and have been paying every month, on June 6th I received a text message from Jacobs to say I only had £22 remaining on my account, my pay date is 25th of the month, absolutely my fault this £22 was paid three days late - total of £178 paid.

The same day I made the £22 payment a bailiff turned up at my door requesting £250, I refused and closed the door.

I have complained to Manchester council, Jacobs and my MP is now involved to try and assist.

They have come back again today to state (over the phone) they will take my car that I own outright and need for work, no legal documents have been posted to inform us of this as of yet.

My question is can I transfer this car to my daughter as a present or would this not be legal?

It is important to stress that if a payment arrangement is set up that payments MUST be made BEFORE the due date to allow for the payment to clear. 

The enforcement fee may only be charged at the time of the actual visit. If payment had been made BEFORE the bailiff made a personal visit, then the fees should not be charged. 

When exactly did you make payment?

Was the payment made using Jacobs payment line or was it made online?

When did the bailiff actually attend your property. 

Edited by Bailiff Advice

• dx100uk changed the title to Jacobs Baillifs - PCN from Manchester City Council

Hi, Thank you for your responses that has been really helpful.

Just a little update of the situation, I changed the name on the car so the Bailiffs could not take it.

I also contacted my MP, Manchester Council and Jacobs and made complaints - I received a response back from Manchester Council two days later to say they had instructed Jacobs to stop all enforcement and cancelled all fees owed, they also sent an apology with the promise that they will raise this at the next contract review meeting with Jacobs.

Successful outcome!

If you are in the right, never back down to their intimidating ways - either way in this situation a bailiff should not have been called over £22 and even more so as it was 2 days late!

Jacobs lost this one!

Well done.

Bailiffs are very keen on compliance with any payment arrangement made, sometimes a little to much so, it seems..

Although in your case it doesent matter, but you cannot just change the name on goods in order to protect them from enforcement.

As soon as the Warrant is sent to the bailiff, any goods you posess are "bound" to that enforcement,  no matter what you do with them. This disappears along with the enforcement power when the matter is settled.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS