UKCPM PCN - upside down permit - Gateway 2 York ,Y026 4GG York

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon all

I hope you can assist me.

I received a PCN on the 26 of June for parking whilst parked outside my work place.

I do have a parking permit that was in the vehicle but unfortunately, it was upside down and I didn't check before exiting my vehicle.

I often have to find a site street when I'm at this location so didn't think to check that the permit was displayed properly, and unfortunately, got ticketed.

I do plan on appealing their £60 fine as I think it is grossly unreasonable but wanted to get some assistance from this group as I'm quite sure they will decline my request from talking to others at my workplace which this has happened to and also from reading your forum.. so please help ?

Is there a template appeal letter I should send?

What's your advice?

Thanks in advance

Chuck

1 The date of infringement?26/06/19

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] No

if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it,

suitably redacted. 

has there been a response?

please post it up as well, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

what date is on it

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?]

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

5 Who is the parking company? CPM UK Car Park Management

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Gateway 2 York ,Y026 4GG

• dx100uk changed the title to UKCPM PCN - upside down permit - Gateway 2 York ,Y026 4GG York

was this a windscreen ticket?

of so scan it up to one PDF only

read upload.

where does it say its a fine please?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX100

Yes it is a Windscreen sticker. 

I will scan and upload it shortly. Doesnt say its a fine. Just my incorrect terminology

Here is the PCN that was put on my car

Thanks

CPM1.pdf

Edited by chuck100
correction

do not appeal.

await the NTK that must arrive 29-56 days time

get CLEAR photos and positioning of all signs local to area esp the small print

but an upside down permit is easily batted away.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX.  I wont appeal as you've suggested but just want to ask..

will appealing it not show willingness to settle if this goes to court stage?

Though I'm almost sure it would have been rejected anyway..

I am due back on that site next week so will make sure I take plenty of pictures of the signs and location.

I could have kicked myself when I walked up to the car and saw the notice stuck to the glass with the permit on the opposite side upside down and wedged in the corner.

I checked their photos online and they actually took a picture of it with all the other rubbish that was in my windscreen

Thanks

Appealing it is the absolute worst thing you can do right now.  The parking companies know this, and know you dont.  SO they even offer a discount which conveniently expires just before they need to send the NTK, to further try and bluff you.

Sit tight and wait for that NTK which will come in a months time ( if it ever actually does).  The PPC cannot do a single thing without sending that NTK,  UNLESS you appeal.   Appeal, and you make their job easier.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Is the vehicle registed to you or is it a lease vehicle?

if you own it then waiting for the NTK through the post is the best move

Now you did display a valid permit, it was just upside down but that doesnt earn them £100 to admit their wording of the ticket was insufficient.

We would therefore like to see an image of the signs in the car park and also tell us who owns the land. If it is your employer then they can tell the parking co to stop being silly and jog on but often it is an agent of the overall development that gets these bandits in place but then denies all responsibility when it all goes wrong

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Hope you are well.  I have received the NTK in the post and they now want the full £100. I am a contractor and was only on the site temporarily. The company I was there to visit only lease an office in the complex. Their advice was to ignore them because the parking company is a nuisance. I'm unable to upload more pics. I think I'm over the limit

put all you pictures in the same PDF so we can zoom easily please too.

read upload

dx

and they

Also never ignore. Is easily soeted2. But if you ignore theres a.good chsnce theyll think they can get a judgement by default if they go to court.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

we often tell peopel to ignore a certain letter or demand but that it not the same asignoring the whole thing.

Once we have seen the NTK we may be asking you to do things such as gather photographic evidence in case it is needed later.

If you do the things suggested in a timely manner you will be able to bet away their threats after they have wasted money on paying people to write to you.

It is often pointless engaging with them before the last letter before court as they believe that you love them really and want to pay them but by letting them waste their time and money you make it less economical to go that last step and they are only interested in money, not justice

last sentence post 15.

dx

and they

Thanks DX

So how do I know when its the last letter before court?

Is that if/when the county claims form arrives or before it?

I thought it might be prudent to write them a firm letter stating that the permit was in the window but upside down and send photographic proof along with it so they can compare it to the pictures they took, but it will probably fall on deaf ears so I'll follow your lead on this

you need to read other threads here cag is self help too.

letter of claim from one of their fake/tame paperwork only solicitors.

dx

• Like 1

and they

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

Hope you are all well. I have recently received 2 letters from Debt Recovery Plus (DRP). The most stating that they will give me so much time and if i dont pay, they will pass the file back to their client with a recommendation to take court action.

Reading through a few other posts, I take it that I should also ignore this letter and wait to see if anything else comes of it from UKCPM?

thanks again for your time

as post 19

no PAP LOC from a solicitor.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Hope you're well.

have received a letter from Gladstone Solicitors

They have quoted the supreme court case- Beavis Vs Parking Eye ans says their client now has the option to commence proceedings in the appropriate civil court. The right exists for a period of 6 years, etc, etc, asking for payment in the next 14 days.

Do I still wait for further paperwork at this point or are there steps I should be taking?

Many thanks

C/