Xercise4Less/Harlands/£25 Admin Fee

bb239uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've seen a million topics on this exact same issue but I wanted to ask a few questions so I can get this done correctly.

I've just recently been on holiday and had taken all money out of my account that my direct debit was linked to, completely forgetting about my gym membership renewal. So the payment has failed due to insufficient funds and on Thursday 27th June I got this email for Harlands:

Dear [My Name]

Harlands administer the collection of all payments due under your agreement with Xercise 4 Less. Your bank have advised us that your July instalment has been returned unpaid "refer to payer" as there were insufficient funds in the account to pay the amount due. 

We will therefore debit your account on 7 JUL 19 for the total amount of £38.99 made up as follows: 

Instalment Amount £13.99
Administration Fee £25.00
Total Due £38.99

Please note that the submission for this will be made two working days prior to 7 JUL 19 and if this date is not convenient, please contact us on the HARLANDS HELPLINE - 01444 449033. 

Our telephone lines are open 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 12pm on Saturday. We look forward to receiving your call. 

Once the submission has been made the debiting of your account cannot be stopped. You must ensure that sufficient funds are in the account to prevent further charges being made and possible default action being taken against you. 

We trust you find this in order and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely
Harlands 

From what I have seen on this website and others, simply offering to pay my monthly fee and then ignoring them when they try to email me or call seems to be the best option,

although my situation differs slightly to what most threads say as I am only a few months into my one year contract with Xercise4Less and I am also not looking to cancel my account,

I am mostly just looking for them to drop the ridiculous and unlawful admin fee,

I am just wondering if me being under a yearly contract as opposed to a monthly contract changes things?

Am I better replying to Harlands or contacting Xercise4Less?

I am also slightly concerned that they just keep piling up the bill with admin fees, but I assume that without any actual explanation as to why they are charging me they have no right to demand such a fee?

Thanks in advance

sadly wont happen,

cancel the DD NOW!

cancel the gym membership now to 4less

write letter offering the missed payment with no admin fees to harlands

do not ever use email

block and bounce from now on.

and your last comment is quite true...too 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Even if they tried explaining what the fees were for, they still cant charge them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Fees are an unfair Penalty and cannot be enforced or sued for, if they did try court their whole world of unlawful fees and threats would collapse if the case defended, they know this so would go on to the next mug.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

gyms don't do court 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi BB and welcome to CAG

Let them pile on all the admin fees they want - they're unlawful penalties !

Let them explain and justify their fees until the cows come home - they're STILL unlawful penalties.

Write to Harlands at their Haywards Heath address; offer to pay the missed gym fee; but no admin fee and no higher amount; and if they fail to accept your offer in writing within 14 days, the offer is withdrawn.

Hundreds of threads here give the same advice :-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)