Xercise4Less then Harlands/CRS threats

ghl987
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, similar situation.

Signed up to Xcercise4less gym, went there 3 times never used again, been having health problems.

My contract says:

You are committing £19.99 per month for a minimum of 1 months. After this minimum term your membership payments will continue on a monthly basis.

I paid in the gym but for some reason it took them days to process the payment, by then I havent had sufficient money on my account to cover the membership fee.

I signed up for a month, told the guy I just want to try out the gym before I commit to(the reason why its 19£ not 15£) so I signed up with my gf, both membership is linked to my bank account.

Long story short we went there 3 times, then never used again, later cancelled the DD.

When I received email from them I realised the payment for that month was missed, which I`m happy to pay but wouldnt like anything more.

For the two of us it would be 40£ , they demand almost 400£. (Harlands/CRS)

Can anyone please help me find what should I write in a letter, saw that I need to write a letter, never found what to write in it.

Thank you

please create your own topic 

this one is for advising c2ll's

hit create in the top red banner

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi GHL and welcome to CAG

You now have your own thread to use from here on ( to avoid hijacking someone else's thread where you first posted).

I assume there were 2 separate m/ships and not a joint m/ship, but please confirm.

I hope you've read other threads here which should help you understand how Harlands/CRS operate. They use every opportunity to make far more money from missed payments and penalty fees, than what they make from taking a percentage fee from ongoing monthly gym fees.

Yours was a rolling monthly m/ship so you only needed to give them notice to quit but there was no minimum 12 month term. Hence all you owe them is £19.99 each.

Write a letter to Harlands, each of you :-

1. Offering to pay the £19.99 for the notice period you failed to give

2. Offer valid for 14 days only.

3. Offer withdrawn if they fail to accept, or if they demand any higher amount.

Post a draft of your letter here first so we can check it. 

Letter(s) should be sent from the PO and get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO Counter.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi all, similar situation to others.

Signed up to Xcercise4less gym, went there 3 times never used again, been having health problems.

My contract says:

You are committing £19.99 per month for a minimum of 1 months. After this minimum term your membership payments will continue on a monthly basis.

I paid in the gym but for some reason it took them days to process the payment, by then I havent had sufficient money on my account to cover the membership fee.

I signed up for a month, told the guy I just want to try out the gym before I commit to(the reason why its 19£ not 15£) so I signed up with my gf, both membership is linked to my bank account.

Long story short we went there 3 times, then never used again, later cancelled the DD.

When I received email from them I realised the payment for that month was missed, which I`m happy to pay but wouldnt like anything more.

For the two of us it would be 40£ , they demand almost 400£. (Harlands/CRS)

Can anyone please help me find what should I write in a letter, saw that I need to write a letter, never found what to write in it.

Thank you

when did you sign up?

when did you cancel DD?

bottom line is there nowt they can do

block and bounce the email address

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi again GHL,

You started a thread in the week to which we responded but then started a new one. Threads merged and please use this from now on.

Please carefully read my post #3 above and follow the advice. Post a draft letter here first which we can check before you post it off.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hello guys,

Just discovered that you answered me.Thank you.

Yes, we have 2 memberships.

Registered around the end of March, DD was cancelled in May.

I understand what you suggest I write to them, however English isnt my first language so if you know of a template, please share it with me.

And hope you dont mind me asking, but what makes you help other people?This site is great and if your advice works will save me hundreds.Have you been cheated on in a similar situation?

Hi GHL,

You should both send a separate letter signed by each of you. Put the 2 letters in 1 envelope and send to :-

Harlands

2nd Floor

Rockwood House

9-17 Perrymount Rd

Haywards Heath

West Sussex

RH16 

Get a free Certificate of Posting from the Post Office when sending the letters.

Before I suggest the wording for the letter, please confirm exactly how much each of you paid when you joined and later by DD.

Hi,

We joined at the end of March .

We failed to make the first payment as their direct debit took 5 days and in the meanwhile I had some charges coming in.

DD was canccelled in May.

Today my girlfriend called me that CRS got in touch with her landlord ( Liverpool Mutual Homes) who refuses to fix her heater until she pays them the outstanding 160£.

I dont understand how  CRS managed to get in touch with them.Its not clear whether her landlord paid her debt on her behalf or not.

And it was on my bank account not on hers, I dont understand why is she in trouble over it?

Hi GHL,

Firstly, what you say about Harlands/CRS, your GF and her Landlord makes no sense at all. Harlands/CRS can have no influence at all on anyone other than the gym member so I would check this out carefully. Let us know please. #

There is no way your GF's LL would pay a gym debt on her behalf and then refuse to repair a heater !!

Perhaps your GF has an issue with her LL due to rent or Service Charge arrears and that's why they won't fix the heater.

Secondly, you each need to now offer to pay Harlands the 1st month's fee for when you used the gym plus the 2nd month's fee for the notice you failed to give. They're unlikely to accept this so you may end up paying nothing, but here's a letter you can each use as per my post #8 above :-

Dear Harlands,

I refer to my m/ship at xxxxx gym which started late March. I will only deal with this matter in writing so please do not contact me by email or phone for any reason.

Due to the time it took for you to process the DD mandate, my bank returned the DD request unpaid. I am now willing to pay you the first unpaid DD of £19.99 plus a further £19.99 for the notice period I owe when I cancelled the DD mandate.

Please tell me how I can pay the £39.98 to you direct using bank transfer (I will not pay over the phone). My offer to pay will be withdrawn if you fail to accept in writing within 14 days or you demand a higher amount, in which case I will pay you nothing.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxx

Please keep us informed :-)