VCS CCJ - wont accept payment without use of 3rd party charging extortionate added fees.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am asking for a friend. 

She got a CCJ from VCS parking and wants to pay before the 28 days period ends ( on friday) to prevent the CCJ being registered

VCS will not take payment of it and insist she pays a 3rd party of which they have added on their own fee,

VCS says they wont tell the court it was paid if she doesnt pay the third party and their extortionate fees. 

What does she need to do? URGENT

why didnt she defend the claim?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS CCJ - wont accept payment without use of 3rd party charging extortionate added fees.

but anyway

they cant add anything to the judgement figure..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This " third party "...wouldn't happen to be the solicitors named on the claim form...and this " fee " wouldn't happen to be their Solicitors Charge and issuance of the claim fee ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The one time I got a CCJ (which was way back in the early 80s) I paid the money to the court but I see that is no longer the case.

How about sending VCS a cheque and ignoring their rubbish?

However, your post does lead to a lot of questions.  Is she trying to get out of court/legal costs as Andy asks?  Why didn't she defend the claim (VCS are idiots and hardly unbeatable)?  Why doesn't she go for a set aside?  Etc.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Her reply; 

when I first received the ticket I sent an appeal letter I uploaded to the pcn site asking for proof they owned the land and money lost etc. They said they did not receive it.

I then filled out the claim form with incomings and outgoings and an offer of £20 per month.

I heard nothing. 

Then the CCJ came.

I called the court who told me to avoid the CCJ being on file for 6 years to pay vehicle control services within one month of the judgement.

I was planning on doing this Friday when I get paid.

I then received the Elms letter with the added £90 fees.
I spoke to VCS who told me I have to pay elms.
Elms have told me that if I want the CCJ wiped I have to pay them the full amount, who will then inform VCS who will then inform the court. 

ElMS identify ad a legal law firm and have been instructes to collect the outstanding CCJ but have slapped on £90 in fees. 

read upload

can you scan the elms letter to PDF please

they and no-one cant add anything onto a court judgement unless the judgement box specfically states they can 

Elms is a new one to us

dx

and they

all blurred and you need to redact it!!

removed

and they

Redact means hide the personal details (like name and address, reference numbers and bar codes).

I did get to read what I could. It seems that what they are saying is that if they have to send a collector out they will charge extra. If it goes beyond the month they can start recovery proceedings to get the money which will cost her extra.

Couple of quick questions

1) date of judgement

2) date of their letter

3) total amount of judgement (including all the court fees, costs, interest etc)

And Solicitor named on the court claim if one was used .

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

1) Date of that letter 20 JUNE 2019

2) Date of judgement 10th June 

The second attempt I uploaded address was covered, so don't know why that one was removed, 

3) Total original Judgement amount is £185 this is everything court costs and interest etc,

- ELMS are wanting £90 on top of this, she is within the 30 day period before its registered. she has tried to pay it but they wont let her. they demand she pays ELMS along with theor fees,

date of judgement is the 10th I edited above, solicter unknown claimant on judgement is Vehicle Control Services. no cannot log in as no longer has detials

Edited by Wisey

simon Renshaw smith[vcs] no longer uses solicitors now in most court claims

this lot cant add anything to a court judgement!!

I think a stiff letter with a cheque for the judgement amount is in order here??

and they

I would write a cheque out...photocopy the cheque...and post it to the address named on the claim form.Its their choice if they wish to cash it or not.....you have a copy of the cheque and date...should you require proof if they register after 28 days.

Attach a copy of the judgment

Send signed for next day  delivery..retain as proof.

You should not hear anything further from them...keep checking to see if they have cashed it.

Andy

Agreed Dx. They have no right to add anything to the judgement amount (yet!) A stiffly worded letter together with a complaint to CILEx would be in order.

As VCS were unrepresented (Simple Simon working alone - after all he figures he can't do any worse than Gladrags) then the payment should be to VCS. There is absolutely no reason to pay an unrelated third party and the judgement should clearly state how much to pay, by when and to whom. If they don't say to pay Elms then that's that. Can you attach a copy of the judgement for us to be certain?

I doubt VCS will offer up their bank details too easily though, they will just direct her to the "myparkingcharge" site. Has she checked on the "myparkingcharge" site? It's a long shot but nothing to lose by looking. Failing that, the cheque as Andy suggests. Anyone got a go-pro or something? Video from post office as you show the cheque going in envelope, same envelope being handed over. Leave them no room to try to claim that they received an empty envelope or something equally ridiculous.

VCS are in breach of GDPR in passing details to Elms before her time to pay is up. Now would be a good time to start thinking about a claim against them and a complaint to the ICO.

No time for pointless letter tennis...clock is ticking...as per my post #21

she sends a cheque to their registered address in Sheffield and to make sure it arrives she sends it recorded.

They cant refuse the payment or insist she pays some other bandit or the debt is considered mitigated  and if they do try and refuse she should WRITE to the court and tell them that payment was refused.

If that does happen we can help with the letter to court as she might want to consider an affidavit ( swear) and that will blow VCS out of the water if they try and say that they didnt receive the payment.