• Tweets

• I agree with Brassnecked, change to "24 April 2020".   I also agree with Brassnecked that there's no point in asking for the extra 30 days, all that would happen is that they'd be ready to sue on day 31.  CEL are, quite simply, conmen, as shown by them insisting on app-only payment then deliberately making the app dodgy, so that they can try to chisel £100 out of people (which has now somehow mushroomed to £182 although there is no basis in law whatsoever for the increase).  You need to show them you've sussed their sordid little game and would be big trouble if they tried court. 
    • I have a reply on the RSA life protector!   Email the other week from the Natwest Customer Concerns Unit advising the investigation is starting now and they want to understand the complaint and call me.   I replied and said please write or email as I didn't want to speak over the phone.   Another email today asking for my number so they can update me and can send a response once they have spoken to me.   I'm sure I read before to keep this all in writing and not engage in phone calls?   Cheers   E!  
    • O/H has had first pfiser covid dose today, DIL had it a week ago  (both patient facing NHS) DIL had the relatively minor sore arm issues for half a day so its ... probably ... not psychosomatic   J&J vaccine coming along. O/AZ is also being made and distributed in India with India selling on to others although significantly, its not approved in the EU or US.   Express and mail (and other usual poopulist/nutter cheerleader rags and web pages ) are spinning conspiracy crap around O/AZ NOT being approved elsewhere ... .. but there is more justification for conspiracy crap around its early approval here it seems to me ..  . and the lack of approval in the US and EU seems unquestionably tied to those (dodgy?) O/AZ test data issues    
    • Just a update:   I received a email today:   Further to our meeting yesterday please find the invitation to a disciplinary meeting as discussed.   It is likely the meeting on Thursday next week will be held online by Zoom or WhatsApp unless you would prefer this in the office. We currently have a procedure where only 4 people are in the office at any one time and this would need to be booked in advance.   Please acknowledge receipt of the email and please advise if you would like a hardcopy of the letter.   The manager explained that they would send a email with all the details, and why I was getting a disciplinary for?   I just hope as I not had this, maybe a written warning? Hence : “ would like a hardcopy of the letter”    what do you think?
    • Thanks for your replies. I tried searching for my post from a while back but could not find it.   Yes I believe I did send the statute barred letter a couple of years ago and haven't heard another thing until the letter today.   I will send another SB letter to Global Debt Recovery and see what happens. I don't have any credit card numbers/ agreements just debt company reference numbers so not sure if I can send CCA request as well.   Thanks Paul 
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

britainshorelineiceageimg269sm.thumb.jpg.52c0ce14249a38d4c478f63058685500.jpg

"In every respect, he has acted responsibly, legally and with integrity"

Boris Johnson on Dominic Cummings' Covid field trips

Exactly the same benefits and no one is threatening our place in the single market - Vote Leave

£288 million pounds a week - The ADDITIONAL cost of Brexit customs bureaucracy alone - stuff that on the side of a bus.

Its official: Boris 'The Liar' Johnsons word is not worth the paper its written on

• 10 months later...

Genuinely want some opinions

Following is 2 versions of a cave painting from circa 17,000 years ago.

It is quite a famous one, so you might know it or might not, depends on your interest areas

but just take a look at it and tell me what you think you are seeing.

There are some quite famous opinions, from very well thought of people, including one whos work I have long admired, but I disagree with most of the opinions

What do you think is depicted?

1.jpg.597c73e960008e20e82e63befdf201d3.jpg

2.jpg.e49b00435063b47b92fe0d7ce33797b1.jpg

Exactly the same benefits and no one is threatening our place in the single market - Vote Leave

£288 million pounds a week - The ADDITIONAL cost of Brexit customs bureaucracy alone - stuff that on the side of a bus.

Its official: Boris 'The Liar' Johnsons word is not worth the paper its written on

• 1 month later...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/stone-age-art-prehistoric-artists-english-channel-islands-mammoths-a9678406.html

• 2 months later...

Perhaps confirming the 'outlandish (for the times) legendary claims that early peoples (eg legendary Atlanteans and Early Greeks) had  equally regarded male and female warriors and hunters

https://www.ctmobi.com/articles/498802/ancient-remains-in-peru-reveal-young-female-big-game-hunter

• 4 weeks later...

another related update

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/dec/01/evidence-life-on-doggerland-after-devastating-tsunamis-study

More detail

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/antiquity/article/great-wave-the-storegga-tsunami-and-the-end-of-doggerland/CB2E132445086D868BF508041CC1B827

• 1 month later...

I read an interesting book about Atlantis but have forgotten the author-possibly Stitchin or Melchizidek-and much of its contents too. But Atlantis itself was said to be where Florida now is and there was far less oxygen in the air than we have now. Also the beings were not from Earth but their internal organs were similar to ours and actually used their appendix. They were very knowledgeable and some of them seemed to sense that Atlantis was not going to last for long.

As a result many of them fled to India which the book postulated is why there are so many gurus there now.

Some time after they left, Atlantis slipped below the waves.

I have no doubt whatsoever that the 'Atlanteans were human, and largely stone age humans. But dont let that definition lead you to underestimate their intelligence and abilities.

They may have been early simple metal workers too which I think goes much further back than is generally believed.

I also have little doubt that they also expanded into the Eastern side of the Americas

see maps earlier in thread possibly/probably  all the way down to the also now sunken coastal lands in the far south.

It seems very clear that the Egyptian priests, and perhaps through them, perhaps through legend, the Greeks were aware of the continent across the Atlantic.

A single word -nesos is one of the main keys that opens up the understanding and starts to make all the different claims come together into a whole - along with looking at the world maps much more as it was rather than as it is

A 3d version of those maps I show earlier would I think show even more.

Worth a read in the context of the actual coastal borders shown in this thread rather than the post 7500 BCE landmasses they have been considered in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_European_modern_humans

I am sorry but I cannot believe that the Atlanteans were anything but from another galaxy. They were so far advanced. Indeed it may well be that those who were from around Mesopotamia around 6000 BC who were also well advanced of any other humans around there at that time were from another world too. 

You are entitled to your beliefs, but consider that even the Greeks (the Atlanteans arch enemy) and Egyptians -  with their legends of Gods, Olympus, Ra and miraculous events dont have them flying around in Vimanas with energy beam weapons and nuking their enemies

- the most technical seeming to be horses, chariots and hints of something that became known as greek fire.