PCN sent to previous address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was parked on a double yellow line, and a police officer came up to me and asked if it was my car.

When I told him it was mine he started abusing me, however that’s a different story.

He asked if I had any I.D on me as he was going to issue a parking ticket.

I pulled out my wallet and had my old driving licence registered to my previous address.

I told him that my up to date licence was at home, however he still took a photo off it and of my car registration and me.

He then told me he will issue a parking ticket to both address.

I never got anything through the post, and I thought maybe the police officer had a change of heart, as he abused me enough on the street.

However after 10 months I now get a letter from the West Midlands Central Finance unit stating that I owe £345.00,

is there anything I can do please?

If your driving licence had your old address on I assume you never updated the address on your V5C? 

It's the Registered Keeper address on the V5C that is normally used for parking notices. 

The police officer may have told you that two notices would be sent out, one to each address, but personally, I would never rely on that. 

The V5C address of the registered keeper is the address that is important, and must be kept up to date.  (Failure to do so is an offence in itself).

Did you get your mail re-directed by Royal Mail from your old address to the new one?

If you've only just found out about the conviction, I believe you can swear a "Statutory Declaration" and the effect of this will be to re-set the whole process, allowing you to pay just the original fine.

I think you have 21 days to do this from the date of finding out about the conviction.  You can arrange to do this at court or at a solicitor's or notary's office.  They will charge a fee.

Others here know more than me about the process.

(PS - just a thought, it is your car and you are the registered keeper?  Not a lease or company car?)

[EDIT: mis-read the original post, I see you had changed your DL address but you had your old DL with you(?).

Had you changed the V5C address too?  Check the physical bit of paper to make sure.]

• dx100uk changed the title to PCN sent to previous address

Thankis for the reply mate.

Yes my DL, Log Book and Insurance were on my new property, and the car is registered under my name, not a lease nor a company car. I just had the old DL in my wallet and didn't realise.

I did not get my mail re-directed by Royal Mail from my old address to the new one. Also this happened nearly a year after I had moved.

I'll pay the origional fine thats not an issue, how do I go abot making a "Statutory Declaration" in court?

I have 7 working days left to appeal via court, do I send them a letter stating I wish to make a "Statutory Declaration"?

thanks mate.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure if a statutory declaration is applicable to a double yellow parking infringement as opposed to a criminal conviction you did not know about (like speeding).  I think you may have to submit something to the traffic court in Northampton(?).  I'm afraid my knowledge of parking enforcement is patchy.  But I do know meeting deadlines is important (you mentioned you could appeal within 7 days).

On these motoring boards the poster Man in the middle seems up to date on motoring issues.  Perhaps he or one of the site team can help.

You could also try posting here: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Make sure you have all the details to hand (they can be a bit iffy if you haven't got all the info they need) and you can't register using a Hotmail address.

Looks like you may not get any further guidance here.

As in my second post yesterday (correcting the error about statutory declarations) I would post your query on pepipoo on the council parking ticket board without further delay (if you've only got a few days left to appeal).

You won't be able to register with a Hotmail address, you'll need to give them an accurate timescale of events, and you will also need to give them an accurate description (or scans) of the paperwork you've received, and from whom.

Good luck.