Me and welcome

EBOY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Been reading thru this thread but am still not sure if any law has been broken.

Firstly both Welcome Finance and Clarity Debt management haVE been phoning me from withheld numbers. I told both I will not answer the phone to withheld numbers.

I have a complaint logged with Welcome as I have verbally asked for a settlement figure at least once a month for the last 3 months. I have also stated verbally at least once a month not to phone my work number but they still continue to do so. They also phone me around the 18th of each month when I constantly tell them I get paid the 23rd of the month every month.

More alarmingly thou is Clarity. They have been phoning constantly for the the last week. However tonight my ex phoned to say they had left a message on her mobile phone for me to contact them. Have they broken the data protection law? I don't mind them harassing me I just tell them where to go but this latest tatic has upset me.

thanks in advance

• 6 months later...

NEVER EVER CONSIDER TAKING A LOAN WITH WELCOME.

I am on my 3rd loan with Welcome. I have topped the 1st 2 loans. Everthing was fine until I missed a payment. They harassed me endlessly when I told them I couldn't pay.

I put a complaint in about their constant phone calls to my workplace. The complaint was only formally logged after I got so fed up telling them that I didn'tactually work in the office and to phone my mobile. Even during the complaint they phoned my office.

Anyway things seemed ok for a while until I finally got a statement after having asked the branch for about 4 months every for a statement and to setup a direct debit.

The statement arrived and to my horror after having paid over £2200 less than £600 had come off the origional balance. I went thru the statement and for missing one payment £240 in charges were added to my loan. These charges are added to the loan so therefore accrue interest which is TOTAL RIP OFF.

Compliant number was logged disputing the balance which was a waste of time as the just said the figures are right and that was final.

So complaint number 3 has been logged requesting a refund of a missold PPI on the second loan.

The moral is if you think your situation is bad now it will be even worse with a welcome finance loan.

Edited by EBOY

• 4 weeks later...

what comes around goes around. its good that welcome are getting done to them what they have done to us.their service is either appalling or they are deliberately delaying complaints. I paid a full £500+ ppi and after a couple of months renewed the loan and didn't want ppi. The whole of the ppi was added to my new and i am still paying interest on it. I am afraid if they go into administration that I will have little chance of claiming back those charges that have been taken from me

• 1 month later...
Well given this mornings news I don't think welcome will be bothering you today.

Pray tell Eboy - what has happened to our friends at welcome? Is there a news link - may be worth starting a thread for all caggers to see

PHONE 08456187804 to make complaint

Here are alternatives:-

0161 339 9562 or 0800 389 5081

These will be able to give you the 01 or 02 number for your nearest office

At least then you know you are not also giving them revenue from the calls you make

well i have been missing a lot. I am surprised welcome phoned you I am still waiting for a response to my complaint over 8 weeks later. Another complaint going in to FOS this week. I have the letter for the SAR. I have a feeling that my acceptance fee is accruing interest.

My question is - I have had 2 top up loans which had accpetance fees and intesest on the acceptance fee applied can I therefore claim that thos first to loans where invalid and get the money back from them.

Basically at this I believe welcome owe me money never mind them saying i owe over £3000 to them. They don't even know what the figures should be. It seems they just think of a figure and multiply it by 4.

PS If you don't want them to phone you at work then they will have to accept your wishes. They are on the backfoot so I going to show them the same mercy they have show to me.

Hi Eboy

well firstly good luck in getting anything from them. I have a complaint against them for the same reasons etc and its been with the FOS for over 9 MONTHS NOW. Dont want to dampen your sprit but you may be in for a long long wait. BTW Wlcome are part of The Cattles Group base in Bradford. Their C.E.O. SHOULD YOU WISH TO CONTACT HIM IS John Postings. His Senior Compliance Officer is Alexandra Burke.... careful with her not a nice lady at all. Any further help needed post me.

Good luck mate

This is the second complaint to the FOS. Basically I intent to keep exerting pressure on them until they actually investigate my account. Given the current investigation into their directors the FSA should be having a very close look at the figures this company is producing.

The PPI can be cancelled at anytime. Especially now that it can no longer be sold. What you really need to do is write a letter requesting that they DO NOT harass you anymore and remind them that they are in breach of the law.

In the letter tell them that you want the PPI is cancelled and you believe it was missold in the first place. That you want the PPI paid already to be refunded plus the interest they have charged at the rate it was applied.

To be honest they did the same thing to me phoning work. I phoned their customer service and stated I wanted to made a complaint to their complaints deptpartment.(in particular about phoning at work reminding them their harassment was against the law and that they would be reported if they continued it.)

What they are doing is totally unacceptable be strong and stand up to them. INSIST YOU WILL NO LONGER SPEAK TO THE BRANCH AND ALL CONTACT WILL HAVE TO BE THROUGH HEAD OFFICE.

ps

I am just about to file my second complaint to the financial ombudsman as my current complaint has exeeded the 8 week period to be answered. To be honest welcome appears to be in such turmoil at the minute that no one knows what is going to happen the company.

Hi Nicola - So sorry your thread seems to have wondered off a bit here.

Have you taken any of the advice off the forum at all?

Just want to ask a quick question. I have one complaint with the FOS. I then made a second complaint to welcome 10 weeks ago but have not had a final response can I now place the account in dispute given both complaints were about the balance?

you can open another complaint with the FOS if welcome have had it for 10 weeks with no response - not sure about putting the account to dispute - i guess it would depend what you're disputing

Got two letters from FoS today will tell you about them later but the share price is getting interesting as the shorters are working on the 2p level don't think it has ever finished the day below 2p price yet.

Got two letters from FoS today will tell you about them later but the share price is getting interesting as the shorters are working on the 2p level don't think it has ever finished the day below 2p price yet.

Their price is now 2p exactly - today might be the day ;)

fix (vb.):

1. to paper over, obscure, hide from public view;

2. to work around, in a way that produces unintended consequences that are worse than the original problem.

Usage: "Vista fixes many of the shortcomings of Windows XP".

think it has survived another day. Anyway the 2 letters from the fos said that they believe welcome have satisfied my complaint about my balance but they have not responded to the ppi. so they have forwarded to welcome and given me details of a contact at welcome.

What I do not understand is how the fos can say welcome have satisfied my complaint about the balance given they have not replied to my ppi complaint even though it was from a previous loan. I still dispute this balance.

spoke prematurely share price closed at 1.99

Edited by EBOY
update

Something is up on Cattles share, soon as it hit 2p it went ape sh*t. I think heaps of people must have buys pre loaded if it dropped to that level. Volume shot up from 7m to 12m in about 20 minutes.

I think news is on the horizon.

Stewie

PS: This could also be shorters taking onboard shares in light of potential news.

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.