interest after cc judgement

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4256 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

had a ccj against me in 1999 for 12000 this includes 3000 interest it was a bank loan and i got into difficulty i;ve been paying 38 pound per month since judgement rang last week to increase my payments to my horror i now owe 16000 with interest being added at 400 pound per quarter any advice please

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

had a ccj against me in 1999 for 12000 this includes 3000 interest it was a bank loan and i got into difficulty i;ve been paying 38 pound per month since judgement rang last week to increase my payments to my horror i now owe 16000 with interest being added at 400 pound per quarter any advice please

Once a CCJ has been given no further monies (including interest) can be added.

For further costs to be added to the CCJ the Claimant would have to apply back to the court to have further costs added, which of course would need to be approved by the Judge.

In my opinon as long as you have kept up with the payments as ordered by the Court they dont stand a hope in hells chance.

If it were me I would get a statement of account from them, tell them to get stuffed for the 400 interest per quarter and tell them that I was only paying the amount of the original CCJ if they want any more they will have to take the matter back to Court.

I would advise speaking directly to a trained debt counsellor. The CCCS come highly recommended, not least by me! and they are free to talk to, and impartial too.

0800 138 1111

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

cab have contacted the bank on my behalf and all the interest is being taken off they said someone had set the account up wrong the thing is if i had paid the settlement figure last week over the phone it would have cost me an extra 5 grand phew.

Winston Churchill

Does this apply to the inland revenue as well? A friend of mine got a county court judgment for not paying his tax on time and is still accruing interest? on the amount. If the same still applies then I'll let him know but on the other hand is it worth making Mr Taxman your enemy?:|

Interest on overdue tax derives from statute and not any sort of contract. It will continue to accrue until the tax is paid I'm afraid. The Revenue uses CCJs to punish people who owe it money. It is a deliberate and IMHO thoroughly malicious attempt to screw peoples lives.

• 2 years later...
Interest on overdue tax derives from statute and not any sort of contract. It will continue to accrue until the tax is paid I'm afraid. The Revenue uses CCJs to punish people who owe it money. It is a deliberate and IMHO thoroughly malicious attempt to screw peoples lives.

My understanding is that if HMRC wish to charge interest on the judgement amount then HMRC must apply to the court in a separate action.

When HMRC makes it's original claim, it RESERVES THE RIGHT to charge interest from the date of judgement, but is required to take further proceedings if it intends to actually recover such interest.

My understanding is that HMRC cannot just charge post judgement interest without making a specific claim for that interest.

Does anyone have any specific knowledge about this? - I am being charged post judgement interest. It's as if no court judgement was made!

Thanks for any advice.

• 9 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Winston Churchill

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4256 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you