• Tweets

• The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bearing that in mind , I doubt he would be the one calling an election.  Several Tory MP's would have to vote against their own government to bring about an election, it's hard to see that.  However , natural wastage. It only takes another 3 MP's to die / be involved in a scandal. Probably that will go down to 2 next month.  Pretty soon Tories won't have a majority, even with the DUP.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

With all politicians, what they say often does not happen - sometimes despite their efforts,

trouble with Johnson as with all pathological liars what they say means nothing.

All you can be sure of with Johnson is that he will act in his own immediate interests and he WILL betray anyone and everyone the moment it is in his interests to do so.

If a general election is in his best interests - he will call one - else he won't.

Just remember the look of horror on his face when the leave win was announced.

.. and Yes HB he would.and might be in a Tory/Brexit Party teamed GE

... but he wouldn't need to be elected for the US Ambassador job ....

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

London1971 - Well, they've got the Brecon byelection to worry about, haven't they? It was Libdem not that long ago. If they lose that, they're down to a majority of 2.

Interesting article by Peter Kellner about the viability of a Tory/Brexit Party pact.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/09/tory-pact-brexit-party-farage-general-election-conservatives

TJ - The thought of Farage in Washington cosying up to Trump is pretty unappealing, populists together.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Interesting article HB

I think there are a couple of seats where high profile Brextit party runners could win with no Tory candidate (but perhaps no Tory endorsement)

- one for Farage and a couple for a few others - Sold as a major victory gaining the Brexit Party a handful of MP's while giving the rest to Brexit promising Boris

.. not that they could count on him delivering anything he promised unless its in Boris' interests.

He be happy to betray them and just have a few Brexit Mp's as long as he had a majority

The big issue there is what would the Tory Party do if he failed to deliver.

Not a lot I other than noise I think.

Can't you just imagine T Potus (tossus not the other US tossus POTUS)

'et tu Boris?

Edited by tobyjugg2

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Lib Dems , Greens and Plaid are going to stand down and get behind the Lib Dems as the remain party in Brecon.  Do not underestimate tactical voting.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

So is this how it's going to go with Boris as PM, which everyone seems to assume will happen? There is a view that our ambassador to the US has effectively been sacked by Boris and it's thought it's on the orders of Trump. It will be interesting to see who they think leaked Sir Kim's emails.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/10/kim-darroch-effectively-sacked-by-johnson-on-the-orders-of-trump

Not sure if I believe that.  Although it's one of those things that seems to fit in with the Zeitgeist.

I admit to being a bit of a conspiracy theorist, but you have to wonder what the purpose of leaking the emails was. And if it was to get a Remainer ambassador to leave the post, it's worked. Boris is singing the guy's praises now, but he refused to back him last night.

Boris Flip flops on everything, which is why you can't believe a word he says.

I feel sorry for the ambassador. MPs including many Tories have almost unanimously condemned what Boris did, apart from Peter Bone whose support was probably a foregone conclusion. Who'd want to be ambassador to the US now with Boris in charge?

To me his reaction shows that Boris can't accept personal responsibility and thinks that people are expendable as long as he's OK. He seems to be loyal only to one person.

I think its utterly definitive of the current situation in the UK that an apparently highly thought of, credible and competent civil servant is effectively forced into resigning for being honest and doing his job,

when unconscionable self serving liar Johnson not only gets away with blatant lying and NOT doing a good job, he's lined up to be the next PM

That the leak of the diplomatic documents was a political machination is pretty much without doubt.

That the Ambassador should resign after that leak is right and shows the Ambassadors quality.

That Johnson does not and would not shows Johnsons complete lack of quality.

This will no doubt be censored - but Johnson is undoubtedly the bottom dwelling **** even in  the UK's current political cesspool.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

I'm not sure about the resignation, TJ. The ambassador is clearly a very honourable man, but I currently think the leak of an email - that it's his job to send to London to keep government informed - isn't his fault. Some journos think the leak/hack was politically motivated.

I got the impression from the couple of papers I read that Darroch resigned because he felt Boris as PM wouldn't back him.

5 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

To me his reaction shows that Boris can't accept personal responsibility and thinks that people are expendable as long as he's OK. He seems to be loyal only to one person.

Not just you HB.  Every time I think things can't get worse - they do.  Trump wants Farage as UK Ambassador and when he first said it we could laugh at the very thought. Seems utterly ridiculous but I wouldn't put it past Boris.  This leak politically motivated?  Not even a maybe.

Odds on he's more unpopular than TM before Christmas.

Some of the people who don't like Boris are talking about a vote of no confidence before he even starts as PM. If there are enough of them, Treeza may feel that she can't recommend him to the queen.

I don't know where we go after that if it happens...

You know, and I know, it's just talk and it won't happen.

I mean it won't happen, at that time. Too early!

If Boris keeps his promise to the ERG and leaves without a deal, especially if he tries to freeze parliament out, political fireworks not seen since November 5th, 1605 are going to erupt, and it could be the end of Boris.

If he doesn't keep his promise to the ERG and , has another extension, same result, more explosions, and it will be the end of Boris.

He's already 2 by elections away from oblivion, I'm sure there are statistics here, but history teaches us, how rapidly they can occur. That would be the end of Boris.

A smart , shrewd, intelligent, diplomatic leader might have a 10% chance of surviving 12 months.. but his job as foreign secretary doesn't bode well there.

• Like 1

It looks pretty certain that Boris will win the vote on Tuesday. A lot of people in parliament are doing what they can to stop him proroguing parliament or going for no deal. With Trump and the ERG pulling the strings, Boris is capable of anything.

He's not even in power yet, and has already had one parliamentary defeat.  17 of his own party either rebelled or abstained, he has a working majority of 3 (If Lib Dems win Brecon). It doesn't seem like he will be able to hold on to any more authority than Theresa May had .  It's very difficult indeed to see how a general election can be avoided.

As for Brexit, and his 'no deal' promises, if he follows through, he enters into even more dangerous territory for his premiership. It's literally on a wing and a prayer. Watch the headlines change as the pound crashes, and the job losses mount up.

I think it's what happens afterwards that will sink Boris.

So we find out who's the new PM tomorrow at 11am if they're on time.

The resignations have already started I see, Alan Duncan this morning and Philip Hammond and David Gauke have said they'll resign just before Boris goes to see HRH, assuming Boris has been chosen.

The really worrying thing is that Johnson might think he needs 'a bit of a war' to raise his popularity, and with Trump clearly wanting to escalate tensions with Iran, and the UK  having clearly shown its willing to do what he tells them (the boarding of the Iranian ship in International waters), he has a route.

:-(

The Tory Legacy

Don't think Iraq did too much for Tony Blair's popularity.