leedspete

Tax credits overpayment

Have also received a letter stating that I owe about £900 back to tax credits as overpayments from 2014 and 2015.

I did the online SAR request and got a huge amount of paper detailing my account going back to 2014.

I have also received a cd with my calls to them but I clearly remember that every time my renewal date came through that I got my pay details from my p60 and then filled it all in online.

We also called about the overpayments and disputed them at the time so I am really disturbed to get this letter

I also told them about my change of circumstances when I started my job back in 2014 as they have documented it.

I did send the enclosed letter or online form disputing the overpayments .

Just wondering what to do next as this year has not been a good one for me

It is a simple request that you need to make to HMRC in writing. If you sent of any request ages ago, send it again. Keep a copy. Suggest sending by standard recorded delivery or get proof of posting.

For the tax year xxxxxxx to xxxxxxx you state that I owe an overpayment of £xxx.  

I do not accept the amount of overpayment you have stated and I therefore make this formal request in writing for you to provide a breakdown calculation of the overpayment you have calculated.

Then see how they respond. If they don't respond or not with the proof you require, then you can register a complaint through the Gov.uk website.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread