Zero-hours Job Offer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

If you accept a zero-hours job, would you get a pension?

I recently went for an interview, (what was advertised as a part time job then turned into a weekend job, then full-time so I'm having doubts) as during which it was that the Manager's preference of zero-hours were mentioned. This conversation was verbal. Whilst I'm hoping the Manager has it wrong, some hallmarks of zero-hours are coming through such as supply own uniform, particular time of week the business struggles with staff levels so a need to recruit but there is huge benefit to me as well with the hourly pay being more and no cost to travel to work.

I guess the coming weeks will be telling as to whether the job really is full-time or part time.

I have since been issued a 'new starter' pack after a brief trial but I've nothing else in writing at this stage, apart from some forms in fill out which was the new starter pack. I hoped there maybe a generic letter for their idea of zero-hours but nothing like it. (Appreciate they may have up to 8 weeks after starting to confirm so reckon perhaps they will get my address by way of the completed forms to formally write a confirmation).  

I'm wondering and sneaky I know but if I were to be enrolled for a pension, could this later on be used to indicate and confirm employment status? 

Many thanks.

• 1 month later...

https://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/about-pensions/pensions-basics/automatic-enrolment/faqs-about-automatic-enrolment

I am on a zero hours contract. How will I be treated?

You will be automatically enrolled in the same way as other workers if you earn more than, currently, £192 a week, £833 per month or £10,000 a year and meet the other joining conditions.

• Like 2

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!